Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Amazing game, gutsy effort by all, Taka, Taylor and James really stood out for mine
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Great result although not pretty just grinded out the win. Big effort across the park but special mention to James how good has he been for the last few weeks. He matched fire with fire and seemed to ruffle the roosters feathers.

As mentioned James' last four games have been outstanding ... pity about the others.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Can't believe we won the match I thought i was making a donation when i threw some cash on the Cows into Titans 1-12 now I think I'm a genius

In regards to the match it was another fantastic performance from Ryan James & one can not imagine if he was given a starting spot months ago we may still be in this competition

I even thought Michaels played well ...

Maybe too early but I think the Rooters are going to be belted early in these semis
    #itaintweaktospeak

I disagree about Ryan James only being effective in the last 4 games. James has been super effective in the last 4 games when we've been forced to play to him. He was excellent early and was playing frustrated due to the poor starts we were getting. He's a starter and sets the tone for the rest of the team. He will be one of the premier props in the game next season. Our right side still needs work in defence. Gordon was great and ever-present. I thought Atkins did well also. Big game coming against the Storm who are limping at the moment too. A win will be nice but not likely to see us into the finals unless the Eels or Tigers can nag a win.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Are the NRL rigging games now. How can the Rooters play so woefully?

That aside.. The win had come as a complete surprise this arvo, didn't think it would've been possible. As lonegull mentioned, it wasn't the prettiest game, but the Lads did dig deep to hold the Rooters out in the end, collectively. And it was entertaining for another weekend in a row. That's probably the best thing about today's game for me.

Gordon covered Fullback really well today. Enough to challenge TP 'n Meady for the full time position.
    Last edited by Toads; 01-09-13 at 07:13 PM.

Our third best fullback is better than our first choice after one game.
    If Dave Taylor doesn't start next week over ridge next week I will ..............
    Any thoughts on ridge he has been very poor since returning from injury

Junior

I agree KG played well at the back, he did run a lot himself when chiming into the second man plays but that was due to the roosters defence which has been very good at shutting down second man fullback plays all season.

I hope he gets a run there next week too. He will be better for the run.

I was very impressed with Dons pace, he has a great top speed, just takes a little to get there.

That's the way to use Taylor. Nice and wide after a quick play the ball.

The last ten minutes he kept asking the roosters questions and never have them a chance to snatch it.

Taylor, James, taka, falloon, birdie, kg... What great games. Plus many more I'm sure.

Not many teams have beat manly, storm and roosters this year. Maybe no one except rabbitohs.

This injury riddled team beats the roosters... What should our best 17 be able to do?

Titans keep finals dream alive with upset
    Adam Gardini
    Sunday 1 September 2013 6:04 PM

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have produced another gritty performance to keep their finals dream alive with a 30-22 upset victory over the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium today.

Despite the absence of 10 players through injury, the Titans came over the top of the highly fancied Roosters to run away with the match with two late tries to former Rooster Brad Takairangi and David Taylor.

Earlier, the Titans had surrendered an 18-10 lead as the Roosters looked to be finishing full of running with two straight tries to hit the front 22-18.

However, the Titans rallied against the odds and in the absence of Co-Captain Nate Myles (ankle injury) to regain the lead at 24-22 courtesy of Takairangi's try.

Taylor then put the icing on the cake with an intercept try in the dying seconds.
    The win keeps the Titans in ninth spot on 26 competition points just behind the Cowboys (8th, 26 points) and Newcastle (7th, 27 points) ahead of next weekend's final round of the regular season.

The Titans play the Storm at AAMI Stadium, Melbourne next Saturday (5.30pm) while the Knights take on Eels on Sunday and the Cowboys host the Tigers on Saturday night.

The Warriors are the other team in contention in 10th spot on for and against with 26 points ahead of their final round clash against the Dragons.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Even when we were down near the end and looking like losing, I was very happy with the effort of the whole team. Even Taylor. But no, he shouldn't start.
    Poor options again cost us plenty of points. Imagine how good we would be with a great coach.

Immortal

Thought we would get belted, happy to say I was way off. Great effort by all, well done to Kevin Gordon for playing with one boot! Ryan James was brilliant again

I think it's a bit far fetched to say the hopes are alive.

Cowboys lose to the Tigers? Unlikely. And if they don't, and we actually beat the storm... I doubt we'll win by 100 points or whatever will be needed on the for and against.

Still, good gutsy win, and a big surprise. Much yelling at my computer at the end there! (I was listening online)

Great game all the boys put in, James really stood up as did Falloon with a try and set up another plus he was fearless in defence for the size of him
    I thought Falloon would have got man of the match however James played a blinder and was very deserving

Bird was great and Taylor stood up tonight Gordon did not look out of place at fullback

They played for eachother and all put there hand up

A PROUD TITAN FAN