Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Looking forward to seeing that legend Kevin Gordon play at #1! That's worth watching alone. Good luck mate.

Wingers have always been a draw to me in Rugby League. As a youngster my favourite players were nearly always wingers, so Im proud to have players such as Gordon and Mead at our club and killing it lately.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Watching KG lately has been great. His confidence looks to be back and his instincts are back. The way he got to that near try at the end of the game was a credit to him. I reckon he'll make a good fist of fullback. Go Kev

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

If we keep them under 50 points we will have had a good day
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Gilly urges ambush of Roosters
    Travis Meyn | 12:30am August 31, 2013

TITANS assistant coach Trevor Gillmeister has challenged the Gold Coast to produce a vintage ambush against the high-flying Roosters tomorrow to keep their season alive.

The Titans face the NRL leaders in a clash they must win to have any chance of making the finals.

Bookmakers have written them off, posting them as $14 outsiders, but winning against the odds is something the Gold Coast has made a habit of in its seven-year history.

One of the Titans' most memorable triumphs came against the Roosters in 2008, when they ventured to Sydney with an undermanned team but emerged 32-28 victors in one of the upsets of the season.

It was a famous club victory and one built on heart, the likes of Daniel Conn, Josh Graham, Gavin Cooper, Brad Davis, Ben Jeffery, Michael Henderson, James Stosic, Luke Swain, Matt Cross and Jordan Rapana battling bravely in the absence of the club's stars.

And Gillmeister backed his side to produce a similar effort with the Roosters having not beaten the Titans in Sydney since 2007.

''When we're written off the boys really respond. There's no more bigger time than now,'' he said.

''It gives you a chance to prove people wrong.

''A lot of the boys love a bit of a challenge but it's more so about proving to yourself.''

The Titans have lost six of their past eight games to drop from fifth to ninth on the ladder and must beat the Roosters and defending premiers Melbourne to give themselves any hope of reaching the finals.

The club has been renowned for pulling off an upset though with a memorable victory against the Storm in Melbourne in 2008 another club highlight.

Just three weeks ago they toppled the Bulldogs in Sydney in a game few expected them to win and a similar performance will be needed at Allianz Stadium tomorrow.

But while beating the Roosters is a tough task in itself, the Titans will have to do it without the likes of Ashley Harrison, Mark Minichiello, Jamal Idris, William Zillman and David Mead.

Steve Michaels has been called on to the wing as Kevin Gordon shifts to fullback while prop Mark Ioane will come on to the bench after coach John Cartwright named a 16-man team earlier this week.

Gillmeister said he couldn't fault the team's effort but the team had been struggling after using 23 players in the past month.

''I've been rapt with their commitment. They've been fantastic in that regard,'' he said.

''It's probably just a little bit of polish that's let us down more than anything.

''Some of that's come about by some hesitation by blokes in different positions.

''That understanding needs to be there. It's something you only get from playing together.

''When you're playing with the same blokes every time, it breeds confidence.

''They know in certain situations how to play. It's natural. That's just about getting used to each other.

''It's a tough thing to do when you're chopping and changing a bit.''

Veteran prop Luke Bailey will make his return from a month out with an ankle injury to play his 250th NRL game.

''He's been outstanding. I can't believe I've seen some of the things he's done on a footy field,'' Gillmeister said of Bailey.

''He's a tremendous bloke to have at the club. Bails would have been held in an even higher regard if he played in my day.

''He plays 80 minutes when need be. There's not many front rowers that can do that these days.''

Jordan Atkins will travel as 18th man after the club received a salary cap exemption from the NRL while Greg Bird (back), Brad Takairangi (ankle) and Jamie Dowling (hip) will face fitness tests this morning but are expected to play.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I really hope jordan atkins is only getting called in because we have literally no one else. Bloke couldnt even get near parras first grade squad..

..and not a whisper from Cartwright. I guess if the rest of the Coaching Staff does the majority of the talking for the remainder of the season. The Club has every intention of keeping him in his role for 2014. Good PR approach, take the heat off him 'n roll into another year..

On another note (and hope I'm wrong again).. The Rooters put us to the sword in 2010 'n they'll probably do it again tomorrow.

It's not an ambush if you tell everyone.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    #itaintweaktospeak

Bird cleared to take on Roosters

iSelect Titans Co-Captain Greg Bird has been cleared to return from injury, while outside backs Steve Michaels and Jordan Atkins have been promoted to the side for tomorrow’s crunch match against the Roosters at Allianz Stadium.
    In a boost for the Titans, Bird passed a fitness test at the side’s final training session at Skilled Park this morning after missing last weekend’s loss to the Warriors with a back injury.

In other team changes, winger Kevin Gordon will fill-in for the injured David Mead at fullback after he was ruled out with a broken back sustained in the match against the Warriors.

Outside backs Michaels and Atkins have been promoted to the wing and the centres respectively, with tomorrow’s clash marking Atkins’ first appearance in Titans colours since 2010 after the winger spent two years at Parramatta from 2011-2012.

iSelect Titans Coach John Cartwright said Prop Mark Ioane would travel as 18th man, with a decision to be made on whether Jamie Dowling and Brad Takairangi starts the match in the centres.
    "We'll go down with 18,'' said Cartwright.

"It (the changes) are a bit unavoidable with the guys that we have injured.

"But we're still fielding 17 first graders out there. We've had to change a few positions but they're all excited - it's down to the wire and we're still in the hunt with two games to go and a win this weekend will keep us there.''
    Bird said he was fit and ready to make his return to a Titans side without 10 players due to injury.

“It’s good, it’s been a whole heap of rehab over the last couple of week, just core exercises trying to get the back muscles switched on,’’ said Bird.

“But it feels good over the past couple of running sessions and I’m keen to get out there.’’
    Despite the reshuffle to the line-up this week, Bird said the side was excited by the inclusion of in-form winger Kevin Gordon at fullback for the first time.

“There’s a few swaps but I think it’s just rewarding Kevie Gordon more than anything else, getting the ball in his hands more is going to be beneficial for the team,’’ said Bird.

“He’s been killing it out on the wing but out there you get limited ball so hopefully with a bit of extra ball he can create some more opportunities for us.’’

Gordon is the club's leading try scorer in 2013 with 15 tries from 20 appearances.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    GOLD

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I'll be dropping a few dollars on us, just in case I am. I wonder where Rankin was in all of this? I know he had a shocker, but he's better than that.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I'll be dropping a few dollars on us, just in case I am. I wonder where Rankin was in all of this? I know he had a shocker, but he's better than that.
    Pretty sure if you are one of the younger playing group you are not allowed a bad game, if you have one, you will be relegated to Q-cup forever.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

After tonights results, this game means nothing to the roosters. A win against the Rabbitohs next week will give them the minor premiership and a loss will mean they finish second, regardless of whether they win or lose against us.

Could somebody please post up what the team is going to look like when they run out.

From what I can piece together from various media reports

1. Kevin Godon
    2. Anthony Don
    3. Brad Takairangi/Jordan Atkins
    4. Jamie Dowling
    5. Steve Michaels
    6. Aidan Sezer
    7. Albert Kelly
    8. Luke Douglas
    9. Beau Falloon
    10. Ryan James
    11. Greg Bird