Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

our only redeeming factor is their short turn around ... what am I saying ... we are going to get smashed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

We only have 16 fit players. Club is seeking a salary cap exemption to field a team.

Senior duo named for Roosters clash
    Adam Gardini | Tuesday 27 August 2013, 1:00 PM

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have today named senior duo Luke Bailey and Greg Bird to return from injury for Sunday’s important clash against the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium.

iSelect Titans Coach John Cartwright has named Bailey to return from an ankle syndesmosis injury which has ruled him out for the past month while Bird returns after missing one match due to a back injury.

If passed fit to play later in the week, the match will mark Bailey’s milestone 250th NRL appearance since making his NRL debut for the St George Illawarra Dragons in Round 1 of the 2000 season.

The return of the duo comes as timely boost for the club after the loss of forwards Mark Minichiello (fractured eye socket) and Ashley Harrison (broken hand) for the remainder of the season in the wake of Saturday night’s 24-22 loss to the New Zealand Warriors at Skilled Park.

However, with more than nine players from the club’s top squad unavailable through injury, the Titans have named only a three-man bench as they attempt to ascertain player availability through their feeder clubs.

With William Zillman still battling a niggling groin injury, David Mead lines up for his fourth start at fullback while Anthony Don has been named to make his 12th NRL appearance on the wing.

iSelect Titans vs Roosters
    Sunday, September 1
    3pm, Allianz Stadium

1. David Mead
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Brad Takairangi
    4. Jamie Dowling
    5. Anthony Don
    6. Aidan Sezer
    7. Albert Kelly
    8. Luke Douglas
    9. Beau Falloon
    10. Ryan James
    11. Greg Bird
    12. Ben Ridge
    13. Nate Myles

14. David Taylor
    15. Luke Bailey
    16. TBC
    17. Matt Srama

http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...rs-clash/82939

Who do you guys think we are likely to bring in?

Michaels must of picked up an injury?

Whats the story with Mark Ioane... Latest we heard he was ready to play last week.

My question exactly. Maybe he asked "what am I supposed to do out there today?" and got a "how dare you ask such a stupid question" response and the sack.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Myles and Douglas both starting isn't great. Neither of them have been bending the defensive line back at all. Big roosters pack will be licking their lips. Hopefully James fires up.

Myles at lock will be basically a 1:1 swap with Harro. Will make crucial tackles, but offers zero in attack. If Bird is fit, I hope he and Myles switch positions. Then they'll be in their best positions imo. Myles could do with a little less defensive work and would benefit from running at smaller men on the edge with than massive head of his.

Taylor hasn't had a great season, but he must be wondering if he'll ever get a start in this team.

I hope Ioane plays. Although I wonder if Hunt is a chance?

Sportingbet opened their line market with us at -26.5 @ 1.90.

Now down to 24.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Sportingbet opened their line market with us at -26.5 @ 1.90.

Now down to 24.5.
    Sportingbet has us currently at $12 (Rooters $1.03).

I think Eels were $14 against Storm @$1.03, and they got touched up by 60 points.

I can't wait to see what 13+ is paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Who do you guys think we are likely to bring in?
    The biggest peeps we can find.

Junior

I am happy to take the $12, it's a 2 horse race and I am not completely sold on the roosters yet :P we can do it!

I don't buy this TBC crap that has been put on our team sheet in the 16 jersey.

This is just Carty's way of taking pressure off himself by implying that we can't even field a team. What a load of rubbish.

As for the betting line the start we are getting is ridiculous. Only 3 teams have started as a favourite of greater than 26 points since 2002 and on every one of those occasions the favourite has covered the spread. One of those occasions was last weekend when the Storm were 30.5 point favourites v the Eels.

We are nowhere near as bad as the Eels and Easts are not as ruthless as the Storm. I wouldn't take us in a Head to Head bet with stolen money but I may consider backing us with greater than a four try headstart.

Mead played with broken back
    Travis Meyn | 12:01am August 29, 2013

TITANS fullback David Mead played 50 minutes with a broken back that has ruled him out for the season.

Scans yesterday revealed Mead had fractured vertebrae in his lower back in a spectacular 31st-minute mid-air collision with Warriors opposite Kevin Locke at Skilled Park at the weekend.

Mead thought it was ''just a cork or bruise'' and battled through the pain in a starring display, only to find out his season is now over.

It's not the first time Mead has pushed through pain. He has suffered two broken jaws this year and finished both games on the field.

''I thought it was just a cork or bruise,'' the Papua New Guinean Kumuls international said.

''I got winded and my focus was on just breathing. My back was a bit sore.

''I've had the two broken jaws and now the back but it could be worse. I still consider myself fortunate at the same time.

''I was getting to know the position (fullback) a bit better. There's not much I can do right now.''

Mead does not need surgery but will miss at least six weeks, meaning his season is over even if the Titans reach an unlikely finals berth.

His injury is a savage blow to the Gold Coast who have been posted as massive $12 outsiders in their daunting showdown against premiership favourites Sydney on Sunday.

It's the type of odds offered on Parramatta when they were thumped 64-4 by Melbourne last dhweekend.

Titans coach John Cartwright has named only a 16-man team for the game as he sweats on the fitness of a host of players, with Greg Bird (back), Jamie Dowling (hip), Brad Takairangi (ankle) and Luke Bailey (ankle) to face fitness tests.

Cartwright is hoping to put together a 17 today with Anthony Don, Jordan Rankin and Jahrome Hughes the fullbacks in waiting.

Five-eighth Aidan Sezer said he was confident the Titans could spring an upset despite having a patched-up team.

''We definitely can. That's why they're all in the squad,'' he said.

''Everyone is talented within their own right.

''Whoever the coaching staff puts in will do a job. We're confident of what they're capable of.

''We're very confident we can bounce back this weekend against a quality opposition like the Roosters, spring an upset and go to Melbourne and do the same.

''We're not looking too far ahead. We've got a lot of injuries on deck so we need to lick our wounds and get our preparation right.''

Sezer rekindled his halves combination with Albert Kelly in the Warriors loss.

The pivot said he felt they would be better for the run and a showdown against NSW halves Mitchell Pearce and James Maloney was the perfect test.

''It was a bit different at first having Alby there,'' Sezer said.

''As the game went on I felt our chemistry started to come back and work into play.

''They're the incumbent NSW halves pairing. Me and Alby, being young blokes, we really like to test ourselves against the best.

''It'll be a good challenge for us and hopefully we can just improve on getting back to basics in our chemistry, in our partnership together and just put in a good performance for the 80 minutes.''
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    We are nowhere near as bad as the Eels and Easts are not as ruthless as the Storm. I wouldn't take us in a Head to Head bet with stolen money but I may consider backing us with greater than a four try headstart.
    We're back to 22.5 (Sportingbet). I expect Rooters will post 40 points without too much concern, so we would need to be able to cross for at least 3 converted tries to cover this. We struggled to get 4 against Warriors, and we are 6-12 behind where we started last week IMO.

Rooters are playing for a minor premiership, we can't even name a team. I'll be saving my money for an upset against the Storm next week when they save themselves for finals footy.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    We're back to 22.5 (Sportingbet). I expect Rooters will post 40 points without too much concern, so we would need to be able to cross for at least 3 converted tries to cover this. We struggled to get 4 against Warriors, and we are 6-12 behind where we started last week IMO.

Rooters are playing for a minor premiership, we can't even name a team. I'll be saving my money for an upset against the Storm next week when they save themselves for finals footy.
    Yes, good call. A move of 4-6 points on a Wednesday is not always a big deal because the books are always reactive early when there is no money in the pools. If there is a move of a similar nature on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday then there is way bigger money.

Definite no bet game for me...