Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    C-whiz, I hear ur point about roosters being off their game, but I find we are a team, when we get our grind on, that makes other teams look shabby. Some teams go into a shoot out of points, but we seem to take the oppositions game off
    I agree with C-whiz while not wanting to overlook a great effort by our blokes but......
    This is probably for a thread about the top 8 system but I think the last few weeks have shown some early problems with it. For example the game meant nothing to the Roosters as they are firmly 1st or second. The Manly and Storm game meant nothing really either which might explain why Melbourne were off. These games in the previous top 8 system were important because where you finished worked to you getting a lower ranked opponent if you finished higher and also lessened your chance of being eliminated. Once teams are in the top 4 now, if they are not playing for home ground advantage they are just waiting for the finals to roll around.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    C-whiz, I hear ur point about roosters being off their game, but I find we are a team, when we get our grind on, that makes other teams look shabby. Some teams go into a shoot out of points, but we seem to take the oppositions game off
    They looked pretty ordinary before we ever had a chance to put them off their game, but I agree that when we muscle up and get in other teams faces, we take the game/other team by the scruff and shake it/them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    For example the game meant nothing to the Roosters as they are firmly 1st or second. The Manly and Storm game meant nothing really either which might explain why Melbourne were off.
    I hear what you are saying about not meaning much, and for Rooters it's all about being at their best for the Rabbits game. For and against will get them the chockies (and a friggin' big cheque!) if they end on 40 points, so no point bruising SBW's shoulders before he has to stop the Burgess brothers. This should be the game of the season, possibly bigger and better than the GF.

But I agree about the Storm. 3rd or 4th isn't worth busting your finals chances over. Hopefully same again next week.

Anybody feel that $ouffs are going to do them by a lot?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Anybody feel that $ouffs are going to do them by a lot?
    Looking at past few weeks, it certainly feels like Rooters are falling away while other teams are building. But this is the game that counts. Winner takes all. I expect a cracker.