Default Next to step up?

Admittedly, I don't watch alot of our 20's team. But I'm asking those of you who do, are there any of the guys running around now who'd be ready to step up to the top team?

We've lost Hymel Hunt, who I thought was our next blokes to come up through the ranks. Hughes debuted this year, and was solid. Russell can play... but with Don, Dowling, Taka, Gordy, Mead, Zilly, Idris, Michaels, Blair and Likiliki to choose from next season, it seems like we have too much depth at the back, for any young blokes to get a shot.

It seems like our top squad is short on front rowers. Do we have anything coming through to look forward to? Ryan James has handled the step up really well (imo).

Who's next

I would say Jamal fogerty he looked impressive in the NYC until an injury ended his season

Immortal

I think the one to watch next year is Matt Beddow, he has been playing out of position at 5/8 but will start in the QCup next year, but would not be out of place if injuries hit us at half next year. Matt Russell is a chance of getting some time on the wing, and Jahrome Hughes will still be in NYC. No forwards are likely to step up next year. Caleb Binge will need at least a year or two in QCup before he has any chance.

Immortal

Jamal excelled at fullback early in the season, but has struggled defensively at both half and fullback in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    I would say Jamal fogerty he looked impressive in the NYC until an injury ended his season

Thanks for the info mdrew. I've liked what i saw of beddow early in the year. Good passing game, strong defender for his size. Unfortunately for him, it seems the halves are a position we seem flush with dept for.

Francis Veukiso has impressed me the few times i've seen him play with our 20s and when he was at the cows. Looks hard to stop. Not sure what his fitness is like. Big lad.

Really think we're light up front in the top grade, with not much to be excited about coming through. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Francis Veukiso is a unit. Have we signed him for next year?

Immortal

No not at this stage, his fitness is a major issue

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    No not at this stage, his fitness is a major issue
    I saw him last week eating....plenty , while the team trained..
    #itaintweaktospeak