Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: 2014 Membership

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Unfortunately the club is playing catch up in this department after in hindsight some poor decisions IMO about the Titans jersey. For a period there we went away from our true colours and this is only being rectified this year IMO. I am heartened by the numbers of people young and old alike who I see with the new jersey with those dominant colours...as long as the club stay true to this jersey for a decent period of time and in the future the club stays true to our dominant colours this will change over time.
    Unfortunately "rome wasn't built in a day".
    Fair points. Especially the point about the Colour of the Jersey.

I can't see why we would change it for ages. Only merch revenue you'd imagine as it is our best by a fair margin

Junior

Gold Coast Titans sit top of the NRL ladder but are struggling to pull a crowd

Travis Meyn •
    Gold Coast Bulletin •
    April 19, 201412:00AM

THE Titans plan to battle their dwindling crowds with an aggressive membership drive after the club’s new board of directors met for the first time this week.

Chairman Rebecca Frizelle, director Paul Donovan and club co-owners Darryl Kelly and Michael Searle had a four-hour meeting on Thursday covering a range of topics but arresting the club’s plummeting crowd figures was one of the main focuses.

The Titans’ home crowds have been on a steady decrease since they recorded an average of 21,618 fans per game in 2008 at the Robina stadium.

Their home crowds bottomed out at 14,028 last year and after three games this season (Tigers, Cowboys, Broncos) they are averaging 14,007 despite being on top of the ladder.

Last Friday’s local derby against Brisbane drew just 20,542 fans, a disappointing figure given the enormity of the clash.

The Titans have the second worst membership base (8,123) in the NRL and Frizelle said it was an area they could improve in to increase crowds.

The Titans have struggled to pull a big home crowd all year.Source: News Corp Australia

“If the team is performing well throughout the season then we’ll start to see those crowd numbers increase,’’ she said.

“Membership is a major focus. It’s the foundation of the club and it’s one area I will personally be really focused on driving.

“We’ve seen a significant increase this year in membership but we’ve still got a way to go.”

The Titans have implemented a ‘kids go free’ membership plan which has seen a spike in sales and they have set a lofty target of snaring 10,000 members this year.

“We need to be targeting families,” Frizelle said.
    “I’m a member now. I signed my family up. I had no idea it was as reasonable as it is for great seats at the footy.

“It’s critical that we understand that to be a member we have to support our club long term.

“You have to stand up and start supporting them.”

The board will meet once a month to discuss the direction and progress of the club.

Frizelle, a leading figure of James Frizelle’s Automotive Group, said she was impressed by the current state of the club.

“I was super impressed with the level of professionalism of the board papers that were presented by each head of department,” she said.

“We had some really productive conversations on the background and history of the club,’’ she said.

“The most positive thing was looking at the processes that they already had in place.

“We covered a fair bit of historical ground and we won’t do that again moving forward.

“We got a very good overview so when we do have to make decisions we’ll be able to make informed ones.”

NRL CLUB MEMBERSHIP FIGURES

Rabbitohs 29,006

Broncos 26,679

Dragons 17,469

Eels 15,462

Knights 15,327

Roosters 15,104

Bulldogs 14,154

Storm 13,986

Panthers 13,543

Sea Eagles 12,323

Cowboys 11,742

Warriors 9,714

Sharks 9,410

Tigers 8,733

Titans 8,123

Raiders 8,084

*As at April 3, 2014
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Current stadium website still using photos from years and years ago.

cbus.jpg
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I would stake my left nut on those photos being taken at suncorp or carrara (2007)....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER