Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Titans Jersey Released

The NRL?s newest club officially launched its? playing strip today to a ballad penned by poet Robert Raftery at the Prince Albert Pub at Conrad Jupiters on the Gold Coast.

As Raftery read the final verse in the ballad (see attached) young boys and girls from Nerang Roosters representing every age group of junior rugby league and flanked by Titans Elite academy squad members filed onto the stage to the rapturous applause of the media and general public who turned out for the launch.

Managing Director Michael Searle said, ?This is what the Titans are all about! We pursued the licence so vigorously in the first place because of what it would do for our kids. We thought the best way to symbolise that was to put juniors of all ages into the strip for the launch?

Following the revealing Searle presented Titans Chairman Paul Broughton with one of the first jerseys off the production line in honour of his contribution as Chairman of the Bid Team which helped secure the licence announced on May 27 last year.

Searle said, " It was Paul?s passion, his commitment, leadership and ?never say die? attitude that gave us the will to keep going over the years and for that we are eternally grateful.?

The Jersey colour and design was selected by Footy Fans via a website poll conducted by the Gold Coast Titans. There were six jerseys designed by Reebok to choose from, the most popular taking 36% of the 50,000 votes.

General Manager of Marketing and Commercial Stephen Burns said, ?It was the people?s choice that won out. This is the design that people want to see on our team when they run out in 2007 and that is the good thing about the process that we have used ? it has been totally transparent.?

The main colours of yellow, blue and faun represent the sun, sea and sand with bronze and steel representing the colours of metal that are used in armour when the Titans go to battle on the football field.

Curved neck lines based on gladiatorial shoulder gear of medieval Titans and the side panels allow a main body ?T?.

The Jerseys will be on sale at the Titans Inaugural Ball at Conrad Jupiters tomorrow night (18th February 2006) and at the Bulldogs V Warriors NRL Pre-season game at Gold Coast Stadium on February 25. They?re also expected to hit all major sportswear retailers in early March.

From www.titans.com.au
    Last edited by Queenslander; 17-02-06 at 11:21 PM.

Junior Titan

I think the jerseys look fantastic cant wait to get my hands on some of these

WOW They look awesome.. and well done to the Gold Coast team for the way they did the launch..

I know what I want for my 21st Birthday..

To the unamed member - NO, I was not aware of the release and YES, I would of liked to have been there as well. Let's build a bridge...(you know the rest)

Great jersey, I will be getting both versions (plus one to frame) at the Cararra trial

This is what it is all about! We have arrived! I have longed for this day for a long, long time - not ALL of us will like the jersey, that is to be expected though before criticising think to yourself how long it has been since we had a jersey to criticise

These jerseys will sell like hotcakes at both the gala and the trial match at Cararra; Im predicting that they will sell out before the end of the trial match .

No word yet on the official price though, hopefully its lower than the earlier reported price

Gold Coast Titans thanks for making the best jersey ever!!!

I love how the jersey is primarily light blue but is gently mixed with darker blue up the top.

I'm also happy I won't have to change the shade of gold in my Titans flag.

Those jerseys are amazing! Finally the puzzle is nearly complete!

The Gold Coast are back!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Let us all join as one titan supporter and a big hip hip hoorey. This is a major day for titan fans! Let us rejoice, GO TITANS!

Guess they were spot on back in september

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

i was a bit skeptical when looking just at the winning design, but i must say i love it!

it is EXTREMELY gold coast. seems perfect.

I would like a collar though

What happend to the collars. It's a sad trend in league that they want to make jerseys with no collars. They don't really look all that great but have big chunks of solid colour is a plus. Were these anything like the ones that were put to the vote from memory I thought different ones were in front on the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap Twist Snap
    Were these anything like the ones that were put to the vote from memory I thought different ones were in front on the poll.
    This was option one; which was deemed most popular by the public

I have to laugh at the closet fashion critiques out there - I am reading some really funny stuff at other forums from budding 'Queer eye for the straight guy' stars

Is this 'Queer Eye For The Straight Guy' fashion week or simply a rugby league jersey for the 16th team entering the competition? Some of the crap (literally) I have read would have you believe Michael and co. were trying to pass us off as Versace wannabe's.

No team will ever please ALL rugby league fans, we know this, it is how our fans feel about the jersey is all that counts. We took the vote to the people and the overwhelming winning vote got the start - what more can the Titans do?

Gold Coast Titans fans will love the jersey no matter what, these are our colours, this is our jersey - we will wear it with pride rain, hail or shine. This is my eighth season without a team and a big F-U to those who want to stick the boot in is all I can offer. If memory serves me correctly, we at the Titans did not want Tiger Tim's opinion or Evan the Eels opinion- take care of your own backyard, we will look after ours.

For those wanting to continually kick us in the guts whilst on the ground before we have set foot on the field in the NRL premiership - one message - see you in March 2007 You have the official supporters group ready to ambush you and team on/off the field that is only eyeing success...may the best man or team win.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    For those wanting to continually kick us in the guts whilst on the ground before we have set foot on the field in the NRL premiership - one message - see you in March 2007 You have the official supporters group ready to ambush you and team on/off the field that is only eyeing success...may the best man or team win.
    Oh yea that is fire!

I just ignore all the whingers and dust kickers.

The jersey is fantastic and perfect for a Gold Coast rugby league team.

They'll just whinge about anything and I find it hilarious to see Wests fans going around acting like they are an authority on jersey fashion, look at the garbage their club trots out on a regular basis.

The bashing and whinging will just get more thick as next season approaches and we sign players....and eventually tear through the NRL like a bulldozer smashing clubs.

Enjoy it, we are a real club. :box:

Loved the passion and fire in that post DeeGan, you are Gold Coast through and through.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Look for me in General Admission (Alcohol zone) at the Carrara Trial. I'll be bying mine as soon as the stores open (Hopefully at 4.30pm when the gates open.)
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

just a question...

in the article it calls it 'yellow' and in the illustrated version it's clearly orange. i can't really tell from the photo. which is it? it kinda looks in between lol.

either way, colours scream out gold coast.