Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2014 What do you expect to happen

Season almost over, even if we make the finals i can see us bowing out in the first round, I cant see us matching it with the top 4.

SO next year whats everyone expecting to happen or change?
    Me i think same old same old, not alot will change and i am looking at another disappointing year, another year of what could have been.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Well we now have the players playing in positions (taka) with Blair which I think will make a huge difference and also matt white will be back and hopefully the real coaltrain, jamal fit and healthy and halves have more time to gel
    We've got a real good chance next year

Default 2014 you say..

Hoping for big changes, but not expecting it.

Still follow the lads with interests, but not expecting them to break any new records (mediocre results at best).

Tired of Management in various departments, expected to have the same discontent towards them in 2014.

Eventually looking forward to major changes once crap like '5 year contracts' have expired and the old wood is completely removed from the Clubs daily operations. Once that's done, lI'll be ecstatic about renewing and upgrading my Family's Club Membership.

Though I guess you're all well aware of my opinion..

Expect the same as this yr, a team unable to push for a title
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Expect the same as this yr, a team unable to push for a title
    Me too unfortunately.

New coach is the only thing that could sway me tbh. I'm hopeful as always that guys like Alby, Jamal and Meady will provide individual brilliance to win us games. But it's going to take more than that for us to push for a title.

No point going on. We know Carty isn''t going anywhere

Another mid-table performance, the loss of more potential to other teams...etc,etc
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

I hope for another off season filled with top four promises, a season filled with meh and another mid table finish.

Yay!
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

The last time the world cup was held the following year returned our best finish ever.
    I would imagine that the World Cup will have ramifications long into our 2014 season as players try and refresh after what ultimately becomes a long and arduous 2013 season. I have posted an image of the 2010 end-of-year ladder to spark your memories!
    If my memory serves me well I think we got off to a flyer at the beginning of that season and when everyone expected us to fade we just kept going!
    I cannot recall the make up of World Cup teams but it is apparent to me that teams that had high numbers participating or key personnel participating struggled the following year.
    Could be an interesting season if this repeats itself!

windows 7 screenshot

Biggest problem with that is we have had a pretty big representation at the World Cup this season. December 4 is the day where our seasons outcome will take shape. If we get a horror draw again, fringe of the 8 is where we'll finish, a little luck with the draw and some hoodoos (read Broncos) overcome and we could finish top 4. I reckon our coaching team is improved this season and have learnt from past mistakes. We'll be there when the whips are cracking.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

As much as I like the new additions to our playing ranks and the partial re-shuffle of our coaching group, I just cannot get past that it all still feels the same … the same mystery behind the scenes, the same ridiculously antiquated predictions from our coach and the same concern that there is a favoured group within inside the entire group. Mid-table finish in 2014.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

To finish top 4 we need to play the quality of footy shown by the top 4 teams in this yrs finals. That being said, I'm hopeful of a top 8 finish but not holding my breath
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Immortal

A lot of promise, but ultimately conservative and predictable play leading to another season where we miss the top 8. On an individual level Ryan James to play for NSW in the State of Origin.

Taylor has to start from round 1 and we got some depth in the backs still not holding my breath

Feeling pretty confident. Top 8 finish and want to see the 2nd week of the finals.

Finish 6th. Top 8 is still a bit of a cop out.

5th or 6th.

Alby will carve it up, especially with Neil Henry onboard.
    Hopefully we will have people running off the ball carriers in 2014.
    Carty can focus on the forwards, so they should be back to good form, circa 2009.
    Hopefully Zilly can finally have a season of injury free footy so we can see what he really has to offer.
    Same with Jamma.
    And hopefully Coal Train continues with his run of late form from last year and carries it through the season.

That would make us top 4. No problem.

But I'm pretty hopeful/expectant of a 5th/6th finish.