Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

We need this game... Warriors will eat us this week. 15+

This is the game that we should not have to rely on. Unfortunately we find ourselves in a precarious position of facing a side that would appear a lot hungrier than us at the moment.

In saying this I hope Meady has a cracker and I feel this guy if he has a blinder could change our fortune iin this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    In saying this I hope Meady has a cracker and I feel this guy if he has a blinder could change our fortune iin this game.
    Warriors, perfect for Meady to carve them up. And Alby is back. Flash in fine finishing form. This will be like tag-team try scoring.
    At least we know we have points in this team now. Lots of points! Because now we don't need to rely on "5 and a bomb".
    There will be some sizzle in the middle, fo' shizzle!
    Forget the defensive game, play an attacking game. We can outscore the Warriors.

Idris urges fans to get to game
    Travis Meyn | 12:01am August 23, 2013

JAMAL Idris has issued an impassioned plea to Gold Coast sporting fans to fill Skilled Park for the Titans' ''must win'' clash against the Warriors.

The injured centre who could be rushed back for the final round of the season yesterday called for a bumper crowd at tomorrow's final home game to help lift the Titans.

A win is crucial for the Gold Coast's finals hopes because they face heavyweights Sydney and Melbourne in the final two rounds.

And Idris said a packed Skilled Park would go a long way to delivering the Titans a finals berth for the first time since 2010.

''You run off the energy of the crowd, especially if it's a home game. You want as many people down there as you can,'' he said.

''We're a big chance of getting into the finals. We're in the top eight and want to stay there.''

''We've got Warriors and after that Roosters and Storm so this is pretty much a game we need to win.

''There's nothing better than being on the opposition's line, you've got the ball and the crowd is up cheering. It gives you that little bit of extra effort to get through their line.

''Even when they're screaming out 'de-fence' when you're defending your line for five straight sets.

''Bring your family, bring your kids.''

Ridiculous scheduling by the NRL means the game will kick off at the same time as the second Bledisloe Cup match in Wellington, robbing the Titans of thousands of New Zealand supporters. The Warriors usually attract a crowd of about 20,000 but a much smaller attendance is forecast because of the NRL's oversight.

''It's the Gold Coast. There's plenty of Maori and New Zealanders here and they'll be coming,'' Idris said. ''It's pretty much a home game for them.

''The more the merrier. There's going to be a going away for Chalky (retiring utility Luke O'Dwyer) and it's (Mark) Minichiello's 150th game. I implore everyone to get down.''

Idris had screws removed from his ankle last week and hit the training paddock for the first time on Wednesday as he continues his recovery from a broken leg.

He is two weeks ahead of schedule in his recovery and said he would risk further injury to deliver the Titans a finals date if they aren't assured one going into the final round game against the Storm in Melbourne.

''What I'm thinking is the Melbourne game. It's a little earlier (than expected),'' he said.

''If we're assured (of making the finals) I'll wait until then but if not I'd be looking to come back for that.

''It's going to be a bit swollen for a couple of years because of all the metal in it. I'm not worried about it at all. If it (re-injure) happens it happens.''

''The bone's healed and the syndesmosis is looking outstanding. The doctor was shocked with how well it's come along.''

The Titans, who have a family fun day planned at Skilled Park tomorrow, will finalise their preparations today and are sweating on the fitness of co-captain Greg Bird(back) and fullback William Zillman (groin).
    #itaintweaktospeak

Ridiculous scheduling by the NRL means the game will kick off at the same time as the second Bledisloe Cup match in Wellington, robbing the Titans of thousands of New Zealand supporters.
    Ridiculous comment. Wellington is at least an inch away from the Coast on any map ... Warriors fans are Warriors fans because they are rugby league fans.
    ''It's the Gold Coast. There's plenty of Maori and New Zealanders here and they'll be coming,'' Idris said.
    I thought Maoris are New Zealanders.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Lol Jamal. You can't be Maori and not have descended from New Zealand.

Bird and Zillman out, MICHEALS to bench

Im pretty sure this type of clash has happened before with us and Warriors games and the Bledisloe.

Hoping for a win this weekend!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Bird and Zillman out, MICHEALS to bench
    Get the **** out.

The bloke has completely lost his marbles.

lmfao Michaels to bench. Is this real life, or is this just a fanta sea. I don't even.

What.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Get the **** out.

The bloke has completely lost his marbles.
    Surely a loss in this match will see what has happened in Canberra all over again, Furner was sacked by his own brother , maybe there's another goat video somewhere ..
    #itaintweaktospeak

maybe tackaa will move to the 2nd row at some stage

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Well fmd, just when you think you've seen it all Stevie Michaels bobs up again.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

We win this and we can lose our next two and make it on for and against (Warriors)...that is my 1st prediction. My 2nd prediction is we are gone after the first semi.

But as I have been saying since the end of 2007. There is always next year.

Lol. this is from the titans fb page.

I WILL AVENGE THIS ATTACK ON MY COUNTRY