Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Another great move by Carty.
    Steve Michaels. Is this just to justify signing him a new contract. Ioane was ready to go.
    We lost Mini early and then Harro with a broken hand. Micheals came on with when JD was gone.
    All I can say is that our big boys were stuffed. It's lucky we were playing Warriors or the end result could have got ugly.
    Must congratulate the boys for going that extra mile.
    I'm not in the military. Just marching along side the other supporters (Most of the time)
    I'm not a 'Fan' as a 'Fan' blows the hot air away until things cool down.

It's only a long shot.. But Cartwright might've wanted to bring more flair 'n a faster pace game, to run rings around the Warriors bigger pack, and who would've foreseen Mini coming off the paddock after just ten minutes..

I'm not sticking up for Cartwright (may I be struck down by lightening if that ever happens), but all too often when we've had more Forwards on the bench, we play boring football that doesn't produce many points.

We may not have won on Saturday Night. But as a few have mentioned in this thread, at least it was entertaining for a change. With that said though, I still would've preferred to see Ioane on the paddock before Michaels, anyday of the week.
    Last edited by Toads; 26-08-13 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    It's only a long shot.. But Cartwright might've wanted to bring more flair 'n a faster pace game, to run rings around the Warriors bigger pack, and who would've foreseen Mini coming off the paddock after just ten minutes..

I'm not sticking up for Cartwright (may I be struck down by lightening if that ever happens), but all too often when we've had more Forwards on the bench, we play boring football that doesn't produce many points.

We may not have won on Saturday Night. But as a few have mentioned in this thread, at least it was entertaining for a change. With that said though, I still would've preferred to see Ioane on the paddock before Michaels, anyday of the week.
    Good post Toads.

It hurts but with other results from the weekend, beating warriors might have been enough to keep 8th spot for good.

We would have gone to 26 points and been in 7th.

We had a better f/a than the chasing teams, so the bunch of teams on 24 points would have needed two wins to get to 28 competition points, as 26 wouldn't have been enough.

Would have meant we needed to not get cooked by the storm or roosters by too much...but the other teams are making it easy for us and we still letting the spot go.

Michaels on the bench just another one of managements ....... ...... ......... ........
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

The recriminations surrounding this season will be endless ... there were more games this year that we were odds-on to win or even compete in where we just turned it up ... this season has been harder to take than 2011 when we at least could cry "re-building" what are we doing now? "we are not afraid of anybody" is really childish crap, they should be afraid of getting the sack.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The recriminations surrounding this season will be endless ... there were more games this year that we were odds-on to win or even compete in where we just turned it up ... this season has been harder to take than 2011 when we at least could cry "re-building" what are we doing now? "we are not afraid of anybody" is really childish crap, they should be afraid of getting the sack.
    Spot on Titanic. Of course we would take a spot in the 8 but as I said on another thread just making the 8 if we had would have represented a massive under achievement for what this team is capable of if they had a coach.
    Other than a few highlights, usually against dud teams, this year has been yet another year of 5 hit ups and bomb or kick down the oppositions throat. It might be wrong but I am starting to wonder whether we get more injuries to our forwards than other teams. If this is correct is it because of the attrition game we play through the forwards - which hasn't worked of course. But for many weeks now, except for a few exceptions, our forwards have looked buggered.

Titans played incredibly well considering the Loss of a forward in the first ten , the names missing from the starting roster, the frustratingly underwhelming Dave Taylor.

There was a string of six penalties that kept the Warriors in the contest , it surprised me to see so many given , but when the Reffs are rolling like that teams / players have to react quicker to the reffs subjective pet hates ( say after penalty # 3 ).

There were two blatant forward passes that disadvantaged the Warriors heavily ( I'm not complaining that's how it goes ) more evidence of the poor quality and general inconsistency of our officials.

The Worst decision of the game was Thomas Leuluai not being penalised for leading with the foot ( do these guys even read the rules ) there was no contact with the head ( despite what I've read here in a couple of posts , Thomas missed ) but that's besides the point......it's contrary conduct and would have set up a golden point thriller.

All the best against this weekend , there is so much promise in your squad , MOM Ryan James.