Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Zillman should have to earn his spot back with the form Meady is in right now. I'd be pissed if I was Mead, hasn't done anything wrong at the back to be shoved aside for the ever so overrated Zillman who hasn't played a game for almost 2 months.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 16-08-13 at 01:19 PM.

Mead back to wing, dowling injured...who in gods name is coming into right centre.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I have mentioned this in my last post with the hookers
    Does the coach go on form or the number on the back
    Seems like it is the number on the back

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Mead back to wing, dowling injured...who in gods name is coming into right centre.
    O'Dwyer to left centre would be my bet but I wouldn't rule out the return of little Stevie either.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Why don't we have an indigenous jersey this year they were awesome

Zillman back to lead finals assault
    Travis Meyn | August 17 2013, 12:01am

THE Titans are planning a surprise attack on the Cowboys with elusive fullback William Zillman to be rushed back into the side for tonight's critical encounter.

Zillman passed a fitness test late yesterday in Townsville and will play his first game in seven weeks after overcoming a groin injury.

While David Mead has done an admirable job in his absence, Zillman was one of the form fullbacks of the competition before being sidelined and his injection into the line-up will provide the Titans with some much-needed firepower as they look to keep their finals hopes alive.

The team had cancelled a training run planned in Townsville but ended up having a light walk-through yesterday afternoon as coach John Cartwright looked to finalise his team with a final decision on the make-up of the 17 to be made today.

''We've got a few options there but we'll keep it close to our chest until an hour before kick-off,'' Cartwright said.

''He's naturally very fit. He's the fittest guy at the club and has been able to keep up with his cardio in the altitude room so I don't think that will be a problem.''

Cartwright has a number of options with Anthony Don, Jamie Dowling or Matt Srama to be left out of the team.

Mead's encouraging form at fullback in the past fortnight, where he has made six line breaks and scored two tries, could see him rotate with Zillman at the back to take the strain of the returning vice-captain.

Zillman's injury has restricted his movement and speed and co-captain Greg Bird said the Titans needed him to be at full flight.

''Zilly's been keen (to play) for three weeks. He's just got one of those injuries that's touch and go,'' he said.

''He could probably go out and play 30-40 minutes but we need him for 80.''

It's a crucial game for the Titans who need at least two wins from their final four games to book a finals berth.

The Cowboys have hit top form in the past two weeks thumping South Sydney and Penrith and Cartwright said shutting down Johnathan Thurston, who notched a season record five try-assists against the Panthers, was pivotal to their chances.

''He was in his element last week. He was trying things, scoring tries off kicks and it all worked,'' he said.

''When he's in that frame of mind it's very hard to stop him.

''It's like any of the great players in the game, you've got to give them the ball where they're least dangerous and cut down their thinking time. That's our challenge this week.''

Hooker Matt Srama is also in the selection fold after passing a fitness test. Srama was called into the squad after Sam Irwin (hamstring) withdrew.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...st-titans.html

The team had cancelled a training run planned in Townsville but ended up having a light walk-through yesterday afternoon as coach John Cartwright looked to finalise his team with a final decision on the make-up of the 17 to be made today.
    I hope they still made good on their promise to mix with the Fans, as someone from the club said they would. People up North come from miles around just for occasions like this to get a glimpse or a moment with those that they idolise.

THE Titans are planning a surprise attack on the Cowboys with elusive fullback William Zillman to be rushed back into the side for tonight's critical encounter.
    A huge surprise

people come from miles around
    Johnny B Goode he is certainly not
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Johnny B Goode he is certainly not
    You're not playing with your Ding a Ling are you Titanic?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Zillman should have to earn his spot back with the form Meady is in right now. I'd be pissed if I was Mead, hasn't done anything wrong at the back to be shoved aside for the ever so overrated Zillman who hasn't played a game for almost 2 months.
    Exactly this. +1.

Mead has managed to finish what he has started, which is score tries from the back, and he has been safe and strong in defence. Why change it?

Zillman in, Don out.

Guessing Zillman to fullback.

Hope he feels like he's earned it because I sure as hell don't know how Carty justified this stupid selection to Meady.

**** sakes.

Immortal

Another week in NYC, another belting and another ex-player belting us, good on you Alex Grant at least you got out before the senior coaching staff got their hands on you.

Immortal

Thank heavens the Cowboys kickers are having an off day in NYC, a seven try belting with still 25 to go

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Thank heavens the Cowboys kickers are having an off day in NYC, a seven try belting with still 25 to go
    They put 50 on us

Immortal

The only positive was that five of the boys are still eligible for U18's. Something must be done, three years in a row we have been terrible in NYC, come on Titans stop treating the young GC players with such utter contempt.