Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Who is the Titans' must-have Nines player?

The inaugural Dick Smith NRL Auckland Nines will see the 16 NRL clubs competing for $2.6 million in prize money in a two-day blockbuster over February 15 and 16. While the individual 15-man squads are unknown at this stage, each club is committed to fielding 12 players from their top 25 squad, including at least one of their five highest-paid players.

So who is the one Titans player most likely to shine at the tournament? Have your say below.

Jamal Idris - Was in career best form before injury halted his charge in 2013 – if he can recapture anything like it his size and athleticism could make him the player of the tournament.

Greg Bird - A bruising defender and dangerous hole runner who can pop an offload or throw a cut-out pass. Will be a key man in the Nines format.

Albert Kelly - Scored a number of long range tries in 2013 and could well score a few more in February 2014.

Aidan Sezer - His composure and controlled kicking will be the glue holding a skilful Titans side together.

Dave Taylor - If he produces what he is capable of, his unique blend of size and skill could well make him one of the most important players in the tournament.

Kevin Gordon - A genuine finishing winger and one of the real fast men of the game.

William Zillman - 'Zip Zip' Zillman possesses a blinding turn of pace that can often leave opponents clutching at thin air and could provide the x-factor for the Titans

Source: http://www.nrl.com
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Any bolters for the Nines team? It's a fantastic opportunity for the type of players who find it hard to get some limelight at the Titans.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Immortal

I think that nines will suit Brad Takairangi nicely

Thought David mead deserved to be on that list , he will tear the 9's apart

Posted this in thew Auckland 9s thread....

Titans 9's team might have the quickest back line in this comp now.

Zilly, Mead, Flash, Brad Tighe, Alby.

Add Dave Taylor and Taka.

Does anyone know what the breakdown of cash prizes are for winner/runners up etc?

With $2.7M up for grabs, I think the club will be seriously eyeing this tournament off as a good way to pay some bills.

What do people think about Sam Irwin playing in this comp?
    Isn't he the quickest of the hooker/dummy half options?

Does anyone actually know how the scrum works in 9's? No lock, but are they contested or standard NRL crap?

William Zillman - 'Zip Zip' Zillman possesses a blinding turn of pace that can often leave opponents clutching at thin air and could provide the x-factor for the Titans

Source: http://www.nrl.com
    Zip Zip? Seriously?

If Zilly can't show us all/convince us/prove the doubters wrong in the 9's tournament that he has "a blinding turn of pace that can often leave opponents clutching at thin air" then I am going to give up hope on ever seeing it. I believe he has it, it's just been a long time since we've all seen it.

He gets rave reviews from almost everyone outside of this forum, yet most of us are always left wondering what it is that so many others see.

This is his chance to prove once and for all what he has to offer, with space to move, he needs to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    What do people think about Sam Irwin playing in this comp?
    Isn't he the quickest of the hooker/dummy half options?

Does anyone actually know how the scrum works in 9's? No lock, but are they contested or standard NRL crap?
    As this is a league format I think the scrums will be a joke as usual.

We only have to play one of the top 5 contracted players so that probably means Harrison rather than one of the injury-prone guys like Taylor.

I think Cartwright will go with the fringe players like Carter and Hazard, Minichiello and Ridge, Henry and Irwin, Don and Michaels, etc or at least I would, rather than have my best players getting busted slipping in Freddy's spew.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Zip Zip? Seriously?

If Zilly can't show us all/convince us/prove the doubters wrong in the 9's tournament that he has "a blinding turn of pace that can often leave opponents clutching at thin air" then I am going to give up hope on ever seeing it. I believe he has it, it's just been a long time since we've all seen it.

He gets rave reviews from almost everyone outside of this forum, yet most of us are always left wondering what it is that so many others see.

This is his chance to prove once and for all what he has to offer, with space to move, he needs to shine.
    Zillman has the most moronic nicknames. Zip Zip and Total Package.

Default hey guys

Saw on nrl.com that sides have until febuary 10th to nominate there squads so we have a little wait yet and any updates on the nines jersey I know we will have one and the shop at pac fair said it will be available to buy but unsure when?
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

I cant wait that long to know the squad!

It will be out late next week the jersey

Taylor could prove Nines 'X-factor'

Teammates believe hulking forward Dave Taylor could provide an 'X-factor' for the iSelect Titans if picked to take part in the inaugural Auckland Nines from February 15-16.

Taylor has been slogging it out cross-training in the club’s altitude chamber at Titans HQ for much of the pre-season as he battles a niggling calf injury, which has restricted his field training with the rest of the squad.

However, if he can prove his fitness over the next month and win selection in Coach John Cartwright’s 16-man squad to tackle the Auckland Nines, iSelect Titans fullback Will Zillman believes his size and skill could be a real asset for the side.

“Dave Taylor is one of our biggest but he’s one of our quickest so someone like him, you’d think would be well suited to the Nines,’’ said Zillman.

“We’ll just have to see, we’ve got some big guys that are really fit and quite agile as well so it’s a fairly handy position to be in.''

The Titans' pre-season focus to date has been on the regular season but with the inaugural Nines tournament just a month away, Zillman said he anticipated the side to begin specific preparations for the 9-a-side game in the coming weeks.

“I think that’ll happen in the week or two leading up to it. At the moment, we are really focussed on the season ahead and starting to get our combinations right which I’m sure most of the teams are doing.

“But coming closer to the Nines in a week or two, we'll probably start to think about it more.''

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

Default gonna have a rough guess

And that is that the our nines jersey may be armour I hope its not just colours like raiders and cowboys
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan