Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27

Agree Nick. Don impressed. He is a lot quicker than he seems.
    Most disappointing was Zillman. Nines is a game a person with his alleged skills should shine in.

There may be a few reality checks this year by the look of it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    There may be a few reality checks this year by the look of it.
    We can only hope, but that is up to the coach and going of previous years i will not hold my breath.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I hope that we do well this year, I really do, but in the back of my mind I can't help but think about what sort of changes there will be if we fail to make the finals again.
    The way I see it we can't lose which ever way the season turns out.

Nines Highlights: Titans v Tigers

Nines Highlights: Titans v Knights

Nines Highlights: Titans v Sharks
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 22-03-14 at 01:20 PM.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Well guys having been back for a few days now and nearly caught up on my sleep, here are my overall thoughts on the weekend.

Firstly, the weather turned out. It was hot which had everyone in good spirits and despite most of us getting burnt on the first day due to being lazy and not applying enough sunblock, it kept the beers coming and the crowd upbeat. The atmosphere was incredible with ~40k people there each day.

The alcohol policies there were odd. I received numerous emails during the week telling me that people attending the event must not turn up intoxicated or we will be denied entry. That wasn't an issue, but they limited the alcohol purchases to 1 beer per person at about the halfway point on saturday. The majority of people were in huge groups, so this just created longer lines. Effectively everyone was punished for an incredibly small minority's poor behaviour on the drink which was understandable, however I think there probably was better ways to go about it. These regulations stemmed from the alcohol fuelled arrests etc at 7s the weekend prior.

The entertainment outside of the footy was shocking haha..cheap kiwi bands who were just awkward.

The amount of warriors supporters was good and bad. Firstly, whenever the warriors came out of the tunnel to do their pre-game lap around the field, the crowd went absolutely crazy. It was unreal but it took away from the game that was actually on the field because the warriors supporters would be standing up and chahooing so we couldn't see the game currently being played. No disrespect to them, and I would've done the same for the Titans, it was just an intimidating atmosphere for every other team. These same supporters would boo every other team playing the warriors...just because they were playing the warriors.

A lot of warriors fans left once the warriors got knocked out. I'll post photos of the stadium before and after the warriors got knocked out and it's really obvious the amount of fans which immediately left. This is why I can see value in the event being held in Australia; more variety of supporters, more interest in games outside of warriors.

The dress up; normal clothing ratio was about 50:50. Personally I dressed up one day and wore Titans kit the next, but the people in the costumes really created an awesome vibe, similar to that of 7s.

Speaking of 7s, the main difference between the 9s and the 7s in wellington is the attention to the footy. Wellington 7s is a huge party and then a grand final. That's where people's attention is. 9's is a festival of rugby league, people were mainly there to watch rugby league, chill out and have a few beers.

The timing oft the event was excellent as well with the Eminem concert also being on in Auckland. Town afterwards was packed, always good.

Regarding our team...yeah we didn't look flash. Disinterested and lacking direction. This was an event for young enthusiastic players. Christian Hazard, Jamal Fogarty or even Jahrome Hughes should have been given a run.

It's worth noting also that David Smith the NRL CEO was just walking around the tunnels in the stadium, completely open to fan interaction. Credit to him, this was really cool.

Overall, amazing weekend, event was incredible from both a footy and fun perspective, highly highly highly recommend coming over for next year's if it stays in Auckland. Despite a few hiccups on the way up (shutup teke) and absolutely destroying my bank account, it was an awesome weekend and I was incredibly satisfied.

Probably missed a fair bit here, will add as I remember

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    The amount of warriors supporters was good and bad. Firstly, whenever the warriors came out of the tunnel to do their pre-game lap around the field, the crowd went absolutely crazy. It was unreal but it took away from the game that was actually on the field because the warriors supporters would be standing up and chahooing so we couldn't see the game currently being played. No disrespect to them, and I would've done the same for the Titans, it was just an intimidating atmosphere for every other team. These same supporters would boo every other team playing the warriors...just because they were playing the warriors.
    Unfortunately this was always going to be the case. I went to Warriors v Titans a couple of years back where we lost quite badly, and even when the Titans scored a try with time up and the game long gone the crowd booed, and continued to boo while the conversion was being taken. I don't know if its a feral Warriors crowd thing or if it happens at other teams home games. I certainly didn't notice it when I went over to the Titans last year, but it will continue as long as the 9's are over here...
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Well guys having been back for a few days now and nearly caught up on my sleep, here are my overall thoughts on the weekend.

Firstly, the weather turned out. It was hot which had everyone in good spirits and despite most of us getting burnt on the first day due to being lazy and not applying enough sunblock, it kept the beers coming and the crowd upbeat. The atmosphere was incredible with ~40k people there each day.

The alcohol policies there were odd. I received numerous emails during the week telling me that people attending the event must not turn up intoxicated or we will be denied entry. That wasn't an issue, but they limited the alcohol purchases to 1 beer per person at about the halfway point on saturday. The majority of people were in huge groups, so this just created longer lines. Effectively everyone was punished for an incredibly small minority's poor behaviour on the drink which was understandable, however I think there probably was better ways to go about it. These regulations stemmed from the alcohol fuelled arrests etc at 7s the weekend prior.

The entertainment outside of the footy was shocking haha..cheap kiwi bands who were just awkward.

A lot of warriors fans left once the warriors got knocked out. I'll post photos of the stadium before and after the warriors got knocked out and it's really obvious the amount of fans which immediately left. This is why I can see value in the event being held in Australia; more variety of supporters, more interest in games outside of warriors.

The dress up; normal clothing ratio was about 50:50. Personally I dressed up one day and wore Titans kit the next, but the people in the costumes really created an awesome vibe, similar to that of 7s.

Speaking of 7s, the main difference between the 9s and the 7s in wellington is the attention to the footy. Wellington 7s is a huge party and then a grand final. That's where people's attention is. 9's is a festival of rugby league, people were mainly there to watch rugby league, chill out and have a few beers.

The timing oft the event was excellent as well with the Eminem concert also being on in Auckland. Town afterwards was packed, always good.

Regarding our team...yeah we didn't look flash. Disinterested and lacking direction. This was an event for young enthusiastic players. Christian Hazard, Jamal Fogarty or even Jahrome Hughes should have been given a run.

It's worth noting also that David Smith the NRL CEO was just walking around the tunnels in the stadium, completely open to fan interaction. Credit to him, this was really cool.

Overall, amazing weekend, event was incredible from both a footy and fun perspective, highly highly highly recommend coming over for next year's if it stays in Auckland. Despite a few hiccups on the way up (shutup teke) and absolutely destroying my bank account, it was an awesome weekend and I was incredibly satisfied.

Probably missed a fair bit here, will add as I remember
    where is the rest of the forum team choices?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    where is the rest of the forum team choices?
    **** sorry. Will post next one by tonight