• Neil Henry

0 0%
  • Kevin Walters

15 55.56%
  • Paul Green

4 14.81%
  • Mal Meninga

0 0%
  • AN Other (an unknown from Super League?)

7 25.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Wow. Paul Green or Kevin Walters for Cowboys? Paul Green I'd say. Walters could use it to speed up Broncos making a decision.

I'd say Cowboys will appoint someone today.
    Just a copy/paste from the NQ member email. Looks like they won't be appointing anyone for a little while, but then again it's basically a PR statement...

HEAD COACH POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT

The board of the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys has reached a decision on head coach Neil Henry that will see his tenure at the club conclude at the end of the 2013 NRL season.

Neil has had a long association with the Cowboys, starting off as an assistant coach in 2003 to 2006 before serving as the head coach for the past five seasons, taking North Queensland to the finals in 2011 and 2012.

“The board has decided that at this time the club needs to head in a different direction,” Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain said.

"Neil will continue as head coach for the remainder of this season as everyone in the club focusses on finishing as high as we can on the competition ladder in 2013.

"It is important to highlight that this decision has been reached on a professional and amicable basis.

"Despite media speculation to the contrary, out of respect for Neil we have not sought out anyone to be his replacement beyond this season.

"To be fair to both Neil and the club, we have decided to make this decision now to allow both of us to explore our options for next year.

"The search for a new head coach will begin this week.

"The Cowboys wish to thank Neil for all of his work and dedication as our head coach, including the huge amount of time he has dedicated to our community

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I reckon Griffin will hang on at the Broncos. I think he can at least point to a few excuses such as poor quality halves and at least the Broncos do lift at times like they did on Friday night. We also have some inexperienced halves but our team shows no sign of being motivated by the coach.
    I am probably just hoping the Broncos keep Griffin so that leaves either Green or Walters for us - not that it will happen. This current situation just highlights the fact how stupid it is to give any coach a five year deal.
    Yeah I'm also thinking Griffin will see out next year, if only because the Broncs will want a bit of stability if they bring in a few new recruits like Barba, Milford, etc, etc. It'll be hos make or break season for sure, if he can't get something out of that potential I'd say his time will be up.

Henry just got sacked with a winning percentage of 53% since the start of 2011 and 2 x finals series, which is coincidentally about 33% better then our coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

C'mon mate, we've got a wooden spoon to show for it Henry got nada.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Whose the Chief Clown in Lennon Brothers Circus these days?

Surely he's gotta have something on our current Clown..

Caption opportunity: name the three Titans in this pic and I'll help you with it's not the KeyStone Cops.

Junior

From the Courier Mail 2011:

"THE soul searching has begun for NRL wooden spooners the Gold Coast Titans as the club conducting its in-house season review during the week.

Titans coach John Cartwright spoke to players individually during the week as part of a wide-ranging assessment of the club's failures this season."

Another review? really?
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Sorry what ever happened to the the review of the review?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Sorry what ever happened to the the review of the review?
    Its is currently being reviewed (I had too get that one in)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    From the Courier Mail 2011:

"THE soul searching has begun for NRL wooden spooners the Gold Coast Titans as the club conducting its in-house season review during the week.

Titans coach John Cartwright spoke to players individually during the week as part of a wide-ranging assessment of the club's failures this season."

Another review? really?
    Is this a mistake or a prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Is this a mistake or a prediction?
    From the Courier Mail 2011
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think your missing the best option of all with Rick Stone, he has been a loyal servant of State League with Burleigh making them a power house and winning grand finals. Gets a gig at Newcastle and earns a senior coaches role. Take the knights to the finals and then gets made an assistant to Bennett. Look no further he is the man

The only problem he's not a Queenslander but almost may be close enough in his case. Knew him when he was coaching QCup and was impressed then ... and you're right I'd forgotten about him until last night.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Nathan Brown
    I'm with Teke on this one. Nathan Brown was only 28 when he started coaching at the Dragons which is just outrageously young for a head coach. Souths and Easts both have coaches who have returned from the Super League and they have both improved out of sight.

I can't come into Walters as a head coaching option. Yes he is a QLD'er and yes he has had a bit of experience with Catalans but the criticism with him is that he was too much of 'one of the boys' during his time at Ipswich. I realise a fair bit of time has past since then but he would have had to matured a fair bit to be a head coaching candidate in my opinion.

The other negative is that Steven Kearney was a similarly sought after Melbourne Storm assistant and we all saw how that worked out at the Eels - a team who, like us, has a very poorly run front office.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    I think your missing the best option of all with Rick Stone, he has been a loyal servant of State League with Burleigh making them a power house and winning grand finals. Gets a gig at Newcastle and earns a senior coaches role. Take the knights to the finals and then gets made an assistant to Bennett. Look no further he is the man
    Well said.