Default James O'Connor could switch to rugby league

James O'Connor could switch to rugby league

THERE has been plenty of chat about NRL players switching to rugby of late, but don't be surprised if Wallabies playmaker James O'Connor reverses the trend by defecting to league.

O'Connor has been left in a grim situation after being released by Melbourne Rebels. He is unwanted by all Australian franchises except the Western Force, who have declared the controversial playmaker must come on their terms.

O'Connor left the Force two years ago on a sour note after demanding KPIs from the club as part of his re-negotiation, resulting in them pulling their offer.

The Force have struggled since their inception and while coach Michael Foley has forged some great upsets in 2013, O'Connor knows he will struggle to mount a compelling case for national selection in a weaker team.

Already there is speculation new Wallabies coach Ewen McKenzie will drop O'Connor from the opening Bledisloe Cup Test on August 17.

O'Connor played league as a junior and given all European and Japanese rugby contracts have been finalised for next season, expect more developments on his potential switch to the NRL.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-g...-1226681596579
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

He would have to learn how to tackle but I'd have him here
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Me too. He could just about play anywhere in the backline. In saying that though, he'd struggle with Defense in the centres. Perhaps fullback would be his best position.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Me too. He could just about play anywhere in the backline. In saying that though, he'd struggle with Defense in the centres. Perhaps fullback would be his best position.
    Yeah IMO he'd suit fullback best. Has a tidy play-making game too which would be nice to have chiming in

He is a local as well.

Can't see him playing anywhere but fullback or in the halves. Would be wasted on the wing and doesn't have the frame for a centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    He is a local as well.

Can't see him playing anywhere but fullback or in the halves. Would be wasted on the wing and doesn't have the frame for a centre.
    So can we do a swap
    #itaintweaktospeak

But we have Willy Zlater. I don't understand.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Don't know much about him but seeing as he's a local and RL junior I'd love to see him at the Titans

He'd definitely be a good pick up. But he has had some minor wayward moments lately (with Kurtley Beale just recently) . Not saying he's a lost cause, just something that whoever picks him up, might ave to keep an eye on.

If he come to the Titans, I'd have no qualms about it. But it'd be pointless until our Coaching situation is sorted, once 'n for all.

The problem is our coaching situation is sorted in the eyes of those who really matter.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.