Default Holiday in Tassie

Im headed to Tasmania for a week next month.

Always been an ambition.

Has anyone been? Any recommendations or advice?

Ill fly into Hobart get a car, I wanna drive around the island.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Awesoem spot, my orginal home lands

East coast is very nice. I am from the Westcoast, not alot over there as it is all mining. Strahan i s a nice spot and Queenstown is interesting but al them towns look really run down these days. Check out port arthur and do the night ghost tour there, nice spot. TO me there is not a whole lot to see but i am not a tourist type person, just drive around and check it all out. Stop in at Deloraine at the local pub and have the best counter meal you will have anywhere. This time of year it is very wet.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Awesoem spot, my orginal home lands

East coast is very nice. I am from the Westcoast, not alot over there as it is all mining. Strahan i s a nice spot and Queenstown is interesting but al them towns look really run down these days. Check out port arthur and do the night ghost tour there, nice spot. TO me there is not a whole lot to see but i am not a tourist type person, just drive around and check it all out. Stop in at Deloraine at the local pub and have the best counter meal you will have anywhere. This time of year it is very wet.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Thanks Smakked, I dont think I can say no to your recommendation about Deloraine.

I wanna head over the on the ferry, rent a car in Devonport and then maybe base myself out of Hobart, but drive around.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Can't recommend driving around Tassie enough, it's a beautiful state and if you and the Ms are into heritage sites and wilderness there is so much to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    Can't recommend driving around Tassie enough, it's a beautiful state and if you and the Ms are into heritage sites and wilderness there is so much to do.
    I always wanted to write a movie about Tasmania, so would be keen to get a good understanding of it. Heritage sites and wilderness are definitely things of interest.

Just booked a heap of flights.

I love using Tiger with the Jetstar price beat.

They even waive alot of the usual charges.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Just booked a heap of flights.

I love using Tiger with the Jetstar price beat.

They even waive alot of the usual charges.
    Good work, how long are you going to be traveling for? I went for 2 weeks during Sept a few years back and it passed too quickly . Was freezing in the mornings and night but not unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    Good work, how long are you going to be traveling for? I went for 2 weeks during Sept a few years back and it passed too quickly . Was freezing in the mornings and night but not unbearable.
    Just a week. I'll feel like a real Australian after I go to Tassie. Then it's just WA that I have never been to. Hurry up and get an NRL team guys!

This holiday is part of a peace pact with my girlfriend. As I was supposed to go over to Hong Kong for a while, but told her that if Kevin Rudd returns that there is no way I was going to cut and run. Epic war ensued.

But I've always wanted to visit Tasmania and I hope to find a tiger.

Just wanted to say I loved my trip to Tassie, it far exceeded my expectations. And I already have another trip planned.