Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Well Ken Edwards just split from Parra. Wonder if he's interested in a move north...

This is a massive issue for me. This was promised and it still looks no closer.

For the public it is very hard to imagine the chain of command. Having no CEO or public face is a massive disadvantage. I want an independent minded CEO and not a lackey. I'm not sure how many candidates will cop being anything but independent.

A board and a CEO needs to be in place before the end of the season. To set us up for 2014.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 16-07-13 at 06:52 PM.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Look to a puppet to be appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    The CEO should be an independant entity if we want to be taken seriously, and someone with their own opinion, but they also need to be able to voice that opinion (within reason) and be allowed to do their job. And be seen as seperate from the Searles and the Clarkes etc.
    I think all staff should be held accountable, including the management side, coaching staff and players and I don't believe in long contracts for staff or players. It causes complacency.
    But that said, there are ways in which supporters can express their disagreement with certain issues without being seen as attacking someone personally. I was simply not happy with the way the disagreements were conducted. I am not a staff member, or a family member, simply a supporter who was surprised that grown men resorted to very childish, aggressive responses to people who challenged or disagreed with them.
    for the two bolded parts:

*Long contracts are almost always bad news i agree, unless they are 'franchise' players or bellamy / hasler type coaches.

*i didnt think anyone went any more over the top than usual as far as personally attacking people on the forum. i only thought there was alot MORE critics of our coaching systems than usual, as if the final straw had broken the camels back. other than that, there was alot of ppl fed up and just expressing dissapointment, but most of the intense stuff was on other forms of media i felt.

welcome aboard though Kazza, good to have new points of view on the forum, if this is what independance brings..im getting the missus to stock me up with a good supply of microwave popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    Well Ken Edwards just split from Parra. Wonder if he's interested in a move north...
    i bet they have a CEO before we do.

Banned

Have we even heard anything from interim CEO Darryl Kelly since David May's resignation? Everything seems to be so quiet these days...

Banned

I'm going to guess from the lack of responses to my last post that there hasn't been much from Kelly since his appointment. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    I'm going to guess from the lack of responses to my last post that there hasn't been much from Kelly since his appointment. *sigh*
    Kelly is an owner but not CEO. So just standing in at the minute. However last I heard last week nobody has been appoited as yet.

Junior

They are taking their time about it. Season will be over before we get an answer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Kelly is an owner but not CEO. So just standing in at the minute. However last I heard last week nobody has been appoited as yet.
    I understand the situation it's just really disheartening to not receive really any information since David May resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaysea View Post
    They are taking their time about it. Season will be over before we get an answer.
    Sadly I think the season will be over before we get a new CEO. Usually there is a whisper in press but there is nothing. However whoever is appointed CEO it has to be a step forward not a return to the past. I personally felt hope with David May at the helm and the new investors. That said IMO we may need a new investor or two to attempt to alleviate the concern that alot of people may have that the club will go backwards and back to the old administration.

Just saw the below post on the League Unlimited site. IMO pretty much echoes my thoughts. However some of the language is a little prickly for my liking. I know it's easy for me to say however if Mr Searle is to be truly believed that he wants a club long term in the Coast then he Gould look at any opportunity to remove himself from the club as much as he can.

In my view would it not be better to be known as the man that bought a team to the Gold Coast again than the man that potentially could be responsible for the clubs self destruction.

Direct link
    Re: What Happened to the Gold Coast Titans Fan Forum?
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 19-07-13 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Added link, removed quote

Article in the Courier Mail and still not looking like the Board is set up yet. So much for ASAP. The Puppet Master is still at large and still largely in control of the club.

Couriour mail says its bull**** sorry dont have a link

Banned

Graham Annesley assures the Gold Coast Titans are financially safe

GRAHAM Annesley's presence at the Titans as chief executive speaks volumes about what he thinks of the financial future of the Gold Coast NRL club.

A month into his term as chief executive, Annesley has denied reports that some of their best players have not been paid their marquee payments and insists the Titans do not owe any money to the NRL.

"All of our commitments will be met. There’s no question of that," Annesley told The Courier-Mail.

"Everyone is comfortable. I don’t have players banging on my door saying, 'Are we going to be paid or not?' We meet our player commitments and our staff commitments on a monthly basis.

"It’s like most football clubs. This club has to be very careful about its financial management."

Annesley, a former NRL chief operating officer, resigned as NSW Sports and Recreation Minister in August to take charge of the Titans.

Last March, the NRL looked briefly at whether the Titans needed to be permitted to fold and replaced as the competiton’s Gold Coast entity when accountants told the ARL Commission the Gold Coast club owed $25 million and that the debt was not confined to the organisation’s property arm.

Annesley would not be drawn on plans for the makeup of the Titans board or a time frame for a board of directors to be publicly identified.

In June, The Courier-Mail revealed that under a new structure that according to ASIC records Darryl Kelly, via his separate company Bruttund Investments, paid $3.25 million for a 31.8 per cent stake in the Titans.

Fellow investor Anshuman Magazine owns 29.2 per cent of the club, while Michael Searle (39 per cent) remains the largest shareholder.

Annesley said that before he accepted the Titans job he had asked questions to assure himself of the Titans’ financial position.

"I wouldn’t have come here if I thought there was any question mark over their future. I come here because I see a lot of potential, with fantastic culture and a great venue," Annesley said.

"I went through a fairly detailed process with them over a couple of meetings. They have had some difficulties and I wanted to make sure the worst of that was behind them, and I believe it is.’’

And what about the NRL?, The Courier-Mail asked.

"Historically, it’s not for me to talk about what happened," Annesley said.

"What I can tell you is that we don’t owe the NRL any money as we sit here, there is no debt to the NRL.

"My job is about making sure we run a sustainable business that allows us to provide the resources to the football team which provides the best chance of success."

Annesley points to the employment of former Cowboys head coach Neil Henry as senior assistant to John Cartwright for next season as evidence of investment in the football operation.
    Doesn't fill you with a whole lot of confidence, does it?