Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Default Where is this board of directors we were promised?

I recall David May stating as far back as last year that a board of directors was imminent and we are in July 2013 but still no board? What is going on? Was it all an act to calm Titans supporters in a time of need?

I also remember reading that Searle would be one of the directors on the board but at the moment it looks like it is a one man board...

In my opinion this is something that is really holding our club back.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    I recall David May stating as far back as last year that a board of directors was imminent and we are in July 2013 but still no board? What is going on? Was it all an act to calm Titans supporters in a time of need?

I also remember reading that Searle would be one of the directors on the board but at the moment it looks like it is a one man board...

In my opinion this is something that is really holding our club back.
    Last I heard from the club last week was that there is no ETA for the Board...AN excuse from the club COULD be that they are now looking for a CEO , so that will delay things....

Junior

I think if they want to be taken seriously, and want the fanbase in general to believe they are doing the best thing for the team and the fans, they should get their act together and get that board happening!

Banned

The finalisation of the board has been long delayed, with the Titans announcing last year they hoped to have one in place by July.
    I found this in one of the articles earlier this year. Granted it was back when David May was in control. I guess you are right Bayside Titans, that could be an excuse but I can't help but feel there is so much more going on backstage that we have no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    I think if they want to be taken seriously, and want the fanbase in general to believe they are doing the best thing for the team and the fans, they should get their act together and get that board happening!
    A Board " Yes " ASAP. Also the longer that the club does not have a CEO the more agitated people will get that there is no Official Figurehead or somebody steering the Ship.

IMO the CEO needs to be considered truely independant from ANY of the owners of the Titans and given the scope to exercise the power that a true CEO has. I guess that some of the Titans Faithful ( me Included ) could percieve that David May was gagged or Micro Managed prior to his departure( I hope not the case as I along with many truely believed in DM and loved what he had to offer the club ).

The Board and CEO need to inplace before the end of the Season to finish what David May started and to put a HUGE broom through the Football department. This way any Old or New Fans will comeback to the club knowing that Everyone is accountable. At the moment we look like a Club that holds no one accountable.

I have one really important question to those that " Lurk " or come to " Stir the Pot with a Hidden agenda " or Family Link and I hope you answer my question.

Why is OK that the club " Exit ' players ie Scott Prince , Luke O'Dwyer, Laffranci etc for performance issues , CAP constraints , but not ok to " Exit " Coaching Staff / Support Staff for performance issues or becoming stale ?? ( I won't cop " Injuries " as an excuse as any business that is a success has Contingencies inplace to Mitigate such and event )

And therein lies the whole problem ... it's ok to be non-accountable when it's your money and risk but then don't call yourself a public entity and a friend of all.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

The CEO should be an independant entity if we want to be taken seriously, and someone with their own opinion, but they also need to be able to voice that opinion (within reason) and be allowed to do their job. And be seen as seperate from the Searles and the Clarkes etc.
    I think all staff should be held accountable, including the management side, coaching staff and players and I don't believe in long contracts for staff or players. It causes complacency.
    But that said, there are ways in which supporters can express their disagreement with certain issues without being seen as attacking someone personally. I was simply not happy with the way the disagreements were conducted. I am not a staff member, or a family member, simply a supporter who was surprised that grown men resorted to very childish, aggressive responses to people who challenged or disagreed with them.

I cannot see a board setup by the end of the year, hell i bet we don't even see a new CEO by the end of the year, unless Searle dies of a heart attack or something it will probably never happen.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Where is this board of directors we were promised?
    I don't think we were actually promised a Board of Directors as such. It's probably more of a fallacy that someone created to buy them more time to manage the club to how they see fit. I'm not expecting anything of this nature to transpire anytime in the near future. Don't be too surprised if the 2014 season kicks off 'n the Club is in the same position, that it currently is now..

It's working for them, so why change?

I wonder if we will reach a pt to delete the titans brand and start over
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

A BOD would be the most important thing at the club at the moment.
    I feel it is more important than a CEO with what has happened with the last 2 we have had.
    I'm not in the military. Just marching along side the other supporters (Most of the time)
    I'm not a 'Fan' as a 'Fan' blows the hot air away until things cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I wonder if we will reach a pt to delete the titans brand and start over
    I got the impression if that was going to happen it would've been when the NRL was trying to smooth things out at the start of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    I got the impression if that was going to happen it would've been when the NRL was trying to smooth things out at the start of the year.
    I think a few of us were of that opinion. But somehow Searle come out of it with a deal that suited him. Fortunately for him, he found some Shareholders that stepped in 'n bailed 'em out of it.

But as history has shown, that cash will dry up again 'n the Club will most likely be in the same/similar position again. No offense to Anshuman and Darryl, but they'd be fools to tip in more into the Club. Because the Club has always run at a financial loss, and it's not going to change until Searle is removed from the Club completely. But as many have hinted, it seems he'd rather take it down with him. Rather than let it go, for the better of the Club.

Whether I'm right or wrong. Time will reveal all..

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I don't think we were actually promised a Board of Directors as such. It's probably more of a fallacy that someone created to buy them more time to manage the club to how they see fit. I'm not expecting anything of this nature to transpire anytime in the near future. Don't be too surprised if the 2014 season kicks off 'n the Club is in the same position, that it currently is now..

It's working for them, so why change?
    Just pointing out that should read "phallusy"
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Just pointing out that should read "phallusy"
    LOL.. Fair enough, Mate.