Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    Doesn't fill you with a whole lot of confidence, does it?
    Agree. No confidence at all seeing how at one stage they were saying end of season. That day has come and gone. I appreciate that setting the Board up is a bit of a process but I guess it's been difficult in finding a Board full of "Yes Men " to keep Searle happy. Does anyone know who owns what percentage of the club these days?

Admittedly, Searle's efforts to form the Club should be commended. But his input since the the Club has been established has been the 'spanner in the works', and the Club can't go forward until he's been removed altogether.

While he's there. It's akin to watching a slow Train wreck taking place. That even Annesley or a Board can restrain from happening..

No guys, we are wrong. As long as he OWNS the club it is NOT a rugby league club of the Gold Coast but HIS and what he wants he gets ... that's what has to change ... I'd bet that if he got a better offer he'd be gone (he being Searle).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'm prepared to go around one more time. But seriously, this would be the last chance.

We've all come too far to throw it in now, and let's be honest, Michael Searle did help make this happen. I think it is fair to say that without his efforts we wouldn't be on the forum b1thching about it, so i am prepared to give it one more round, and see some change.

I for one commend you for going around again, C-Whiz. You're right with a lot that you mentioned. It's just some of us have drawn the line already.

I just wish it never had to be this way, but I guess that's what you get when the majority shareholder calls the shots, and operates a Sports Club/Franchise as their own business and not as a Club for the greater Community. *shrugs*

The make-up of the "club" is all wrong. The business side should be managed by him and "the board" and the club should have some representation from the community. But we have no board nor any representation.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I for one commend you for going around again, C-Whiz. You're right with a lot that you mentioned. It's just some of us have drawn the line already.

I just wish it never had to be this way, but I guess that's what you get when the majority shareholder calls the shots, and operates a Sports Club/Franchise as their own business and not as a Club for the greater Community. *shrugs*
    I agree totally but I renewed today. I figure that I will be supporting the club after Searle and Cartwright are gone (as long as it survives them) and I cannot cop the thought of another Gold Coast team folding which is what will happen if we don't support it.
    The kids like going to every game and as I grew up with my old man taking me to the footy I want to do the same. Brookvale Oval is too far to take them every week!
    As to why there is still no board, that is a disgrace but as someone said, I am sure it is about trying to find the right yes men.