Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Hey, was just mulling over the appointment of Graham Annersley to the Titans board as CEO, and was thinking that as part of his "reconnect" with fans, surely this would have to include the resurrection of the old Titans forum.

This brings up 2 questions in my mind.

Firstly, what will it be like, will it be open to honest comment, will it be heavily moderated, etc?

Secondly, would the Facebook group known as the "True Titans Fans" be willing to share their limited wisdom in an open forum and be open to criticism?

OK, to be honest, I'm not too concerned about a new forum, I've got one here, but who else thinks that the "True Titans Fans" group is just a closed group because they can't deal with the reality and honesty of whats happening (or not happening) and don't want others with actual independent thought to spoil their blissful ignorance?

I know some of the people in that group, and I have no problem with anyone being part of that group, but I do have a massive issue with naming yourself "True Titans Fans" and then closing the group from actual true Titans fans, while allowing groupies who don't really understand the game but spend a lot of money on merch and go to a lot of functions etc.

Again, I don't have a problem with them joining the group, groupies, socialites or actual fans, but it seems a bit hypocritical to promote yourself as the " true, hardcore, life fans of the all mighty GOLD COAST TITANS!!!!" while denying actual fans from joining.

ps, for the record, I am bitter because apparently I'm not hardcore enough, and have made many requests in the past to join... maybe I should take up bowling.
    Chris u need to wear a Stack Hat & want to eat Red Crayons & then u would be apart of that particular group
    #itaintweaktospeak

Hey, was just mulling over the appointment of Graham Annersley to the Titans board as CEO, and was thinking that as part of his "reconnect" with fans, surely this would have to include the resurrection of the old Titans forum.

Firstly, what will it be like, will it be open to honest comment, will it be heavily moderated, etc?

Secondly, would the Facebook group known as the "True Titans Fans" be willing to share their limited wisdom in an open forum and be open to criticism?

OK, to be honest, I'm not too concerned about a new forum, I've got one here, but who else thinks that the "True Titans Fans" group is just a closed group because they can't deal with the reality and honesty of whats happening (or not happening) and don't want others with actual independent thought to spoil their blissful ignorance?

I know some of the people in that group, and I have no problem with anyone being part of that group, but I do have a massive issue with naming yourself "True Titans Fans" and then closing the group from actual true Titans fans, while allowing groupies who don't really understand the game but spend a lot of money on merch and go to a lot of functions etc.

Again, I don't have a problem with them joining the group, groupies, socialites or actual fans, but it seems a bit hypocritical to promote yourself as the " true, hardcore, life fans of the all mighty GOLD COAST TITANS!!!!" while denying actual fans from joining.

ps, for the record, I am bitter because apparently I'm not hardcore enough, and have made many requests in the past to join... maybe I should take up bowling.
    Hey Chris...Diplomatically put..I have wanted to say something since Adam was a boy but couldn't find the right words coz I would offend the masses...so I think you may have done it. In a roundabout way

Well not really masses..............just masses of 'True Titans Fans'.

Oh.....10 pin bowling or Lawn bowls?

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Hey Chris...Diplomatically put..I have wanted to say something since Adam was a boy but couldn't find the right words coz I would offend the masses...so I think you may have done it. In a roundabout way

Well not really masses..............just masses of 'True Titans Fans'.

Oh.....10 pin bowling or Lawn bowls?
    haha, you should have seen my original draft, before a lot of heavy editing.

Haven't you heard? Apparently ten-pin bowling is the big "sport" on the Gold Coast these days.

At least with lawn bowls you can do it with a beer in your hand.

Frig all of that ... branding is about people wanting to buy in, if the TTF knitting circle want to shut their doors then who gives a stuff ... we should just work on our brand and be more desirable.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Probably no forum. Maybe game day activities or something, get fans to training, facebook promotions, things like that. Most clubs don't have a forum because it can cause legal issues. Or they're locked down so tight so as to become pointless. I stopped going on the Panthers forum for this reason. On one hand having a club employee moderating it meant we got some good information, although if things were being kept quiet, there was no leak on the forum, but it also meant unless you were saying something positive you were having your posts and or account deleted.

Unfortunately that isn't how footy works. If you want passionate fans, sometimes that goes both ways. they'll be angry too. I guess the risk comes for the club not so much when the fans are unhappy, but when the fans are unhappy and publish a comment that could get the club sued.