Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Our culture

Default Our culture

Having settled down slightly and now back home I can report the situation that has peeved me to the extent of resignation.

As many of you know I live in China but have been a Gold Coast rugby league supporter for far too many years. I hold an executive position in the Chinese government which allows me to travel and do stuff that others may not be able to. I was attending a conference in Cairns last week (while my family holidayed) and as the Titans would not be playing at home while we were to be on the Coast, I contacted the Darwin Rugby League where amongst many other places I coached years ago. They got us tickets to the game.

So I flew all of us to Darwin and my son got to experience his first NRL game. We all know the result but that didn't rally matter as he got to see "his team" in person. We had great seats and after copping a fair pizzling from my mates still up there I fought my way with my 7 year old to the fence so he could say g'day and here's what happened ...

Only a busted Greg Bird made an effort to meet the fans (the whole Penrith team did of course) and when Bird had got about 5m from the tunnel and nearly to where we stood some Titans galah shouted "hurry up Birdy, we've got to go" ... and he did but not before responding "isn't this what we are here for?"

The Titans have lost a lifelong supporter in me. I will be coming home in the not too distant future and bring with me a lifetime of rugby league playing, coaching and administrative experience which I will give freely to anyone else than the Titans until such time as current riffraff are out.

The debate against Cartwright is only a symptom of what's wrong with this club. Last night I had dinner with some other ex-team mates of mine down here *edit*. These guys won't go to games either. I am very disheartened and as this is the un-official forum then I un-officially withdraw.

For those who think that I am just a peeved parent, go back and read my comments over the years and witness the same comments that many of you are now putting forward.

To Coaster, Teke, Diehard, Titan Pete, Toads, Karnage, Chaos, all the Sezers and the rest of you, keep up the good fight.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 13-07-13 at 11:37 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Having settled down slightly and now back home I can report the situation that has peeved me to the extent of resignation.

As many of you know I live in China but have been a Gold Coast rugby league supporter for far too many years. I hold an executive position in the Chinese government which allows me to travel and do stuff that others may not be able to. I was attending a conference in Cairns last week (while my family holidayed) and as the Titans would not be playing at home while we were to be on the Coast, I contacted the Darwin Rugby League where amongst many other places I coached years ago. They got us tickets to the game.

So I flew all of us to Darwin and my son got to experience his first NRL game. We all know the result but that didn't rally matter as he got to see "his team" in person. We had great seats and after copping a fair pizzling from my mates still up there I fought my way with my 7 year old to the fence so he could say g'day and here's what happened ...

Only a busted Greg Bird made an effort to meet the fans (the whole Penrith team did of course) and when Bird had got about 5m from the tunnel and nearly to where we stood some Titans galah shouted "hurry up Birdy, we've got to go" ... and he did but not before responding "isn't this what we are here for?"

The Titans have lost a lifelong supporter in me. I will be coming home in the not too distant future and bring with me a lifetime of rugby league playing, coaching and administrative experience which I will give freely to anyone else than the Titans until such time as current riffraff are out.

The debate against Cartwright is only a symptom of what's wrong with this club. Last night I had dinner with some other ex-team mates of mine down here *edit* These guys won't go to games either. I am very disheartened and as this is the un-official forum then I un-officially withdraw.

For those who think that I am just a peeved parent, go back and read my comments over the years and witness the same comments that many of you are now putting forward.

To Coaster, Teke, Diehard, Titan Pete, Toads, Karnage, Chaos, all the Sezers and the rest of you, keep up the good fight.

Mate i am gutted to hear your anger in this, and i understand it completely.
    Tbh i am just about done myself, the culture in this club is broken.

Although the Cartwright issue is not the burning one we all know about, it is another leg that is propping up this current disaster.

Hopefully you do not leave the forum tho, as we are all mates in here, and have similar views on other things outside of footy
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 13-07-13 at 11:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I hear you loud and clear. I have felt similarly for a number of years myself and have been very close to pulling the pin on supporting the club on a number of occasions. Truth be told I was not going to renew my membership this year, until some guy called David May came along and gave us a ray of sunshine. Unfortunately the sunshine did not last very long and as we all now know there have been some storm clouds blocking the light the whole time.

I'd say I was shocked by your experience in Darwin, but I'm not, there has been far too many of these type occurrences over the years for this to be of any surprise at all. Pleased to hear at Bird attempted to go the extra mile.

Titanic, no need to disappear from the forum altogether, but understand if you do because this is after all a Titans fan forum and by visiting these pages or posting on here, you are in essence a fan / supporter of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    I hear you loud and clear. I have felt similarly for a number of years myself and have been very close to pulling the pin on supporting the club on a number of occasions. Truth be told I was not going to renew my membership this year, until some guy called David May came along and gave us a ray of sunshine. Unfortunately the sunshine did not last very long and as we all now know there have been some storm clouds blocking the light the whole time.

I'd say I was shocked by your experience in Darwin, but I'm not, there has been far too many of these type occurrences over the years for this to be of any surprise at all. Pleased to hear at Bird attempted to go the extra mile.

Titanic, no need to disappear from the forum altogether, but understand if you do because this is after all a Titans fan forum and by visiting these pages or posting on here, you are in essence a fan / supporter of the club.

I completely understand your frustrations mate & think the club needs a broom put through the whole place starting with Searle,Catrwright,Clarke & Gilly ...& the front desk.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Yeah titanic, I had the same thing. I travelled to cairns for the Souths game. Took my aunty along.

Great day, great game, but left disappointed they couldn't acknowledge their supporters. Stuck with me for a bit.

If your boy had have got to hi five alby or one of the guys, he would have been a Titan for life... Instead they lose one. Not a good way to grow the brand.

P.s. bird is the exception. He can over at the broncos game at suncorp crowd as well with Myles I think.

The culture starts at the very top, when the employees of the club post this on facebook you know there is issues.

"Fans /Supporters of any sport (I don't care if its womens netball, lawn bowls, soccer or NRL) are there because they love their team. Their job is to support and encourage their team to do well NO MATTER WHAT!!!! The moment you start bagging out and belittling the team, is the moment you also become the problem. If you think half ****d deconstructive comments are going to help the team, you are sadly mistaken.

To the people who get up their team everytime they loose, take a good hard look at yourselves. To be honest, the team would be able to move forward without you. The game is not about how you feel at the end of it, so do everyone a favour and shut the F#*k up"

BTW this was not the 2 employee's that i disagreed with. This is another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    The culture starts at the very top, when the employees of the club post this on facebook you know there is issues.

"Fans /Supporters of any sport (I don't care if its womens netball, lawn bowls, soccer or NRL) are there because they love their team. Their job is to support and encourage their team to do well NO MATTER WHAT!!!! The moment you start bagging out and belittling the team, is the moment you also become the problem. If you think half ****d deconstructive comments are going to help the team, you are sadly mistaken.

To the people who get up their team everytime they loose, take a good hard look at yourselves. To be honest, the team would be able to move forward without you. The game is not about how you feel at the end of it, so do everyone a favour and shut the F#*k up"

Wow , just wow...........
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

wtf is wrong with these *******s

I read it too & thought what a load of crap, sick of people thinking that u can't put Shyte on sporting teams or sporting people when they deserve it toughen up & fix the problems, words like
    "he tries hard" or "he's doing his best" just don't cut it in Professional sport

The Titans should follow suit with the Australian Cricket Team
    #itaintweaktospeak

Titanic unfortunately we experienced the same thing
    I took along my 2 kids to their 1st home game, my wife and I had them all ready to go we bought jeresy's and they where that excited
    They bought along markers and note pads to get the players signatures
    However the Titans lost the game and left the field immediately

I can try to describe how the kids felt, but this photo sums it up

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98553543@N07/9236750360/

Quote Originally Posted by beeps View Post
    Titanic unfortunately we experienced the same thing
    I took along my 2 kids to their 1st home game, my wife and I had them all ready to go we bought jeresy's and they where that excited
    They bought along markers and note pads to get the players signatures
    However the Titans lost the game and left the field immediately

I can try to describe how the kids felt, but this photo sums it up

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98553543@N07/9236750360/
    Damn..that got me right in the feels.

I would bet anything that if David May was still in charge and saw this, then something would've been done about it.

Titanic. Hang around please. You're one of the most respected posters on here and your knowledge of the game along with your extremely large vocabulary are both assets on this forum.

that was before David May came along
    and after that night we didn't go to another game for quite some time, until the 1st home game this season v the raiders where we won, the team did a lap and the kids filled the note pads

seriously my kids just go to have fun, see the players & cheerleaders
    half the time they dont care who wins

Hang in there Titanic

This is just sad and embarrassing. The Titans don't care about the fans
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

I wonder did they leave the field quickly as some moron booked them on the " Red Eye " out of Darwin that night at about 12.30am. ???? No excuses for them , but just wonder....I've caught that flight a few times and its an ordinary flight at the best of times . I'd hate to think of what it would be like after playing footy 4-5 hours earlier...However whoever booked the flight needs an upper cut...

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    I wonder did they leave the field quickly as some moron booked them on the " Red Eye " out of Darwin that night at about 12.30am. ???? No excuses for them , but just wonder....I've caught that flight a few times and its an ordinary flight at the best of times . I'd hate to think of what it would be like after playing footy 4-5 hours earlier...However whoever booked the flight needs an upper cut...
    What's the point in taking the game out to these types of grounds if the players don't interact with the fans...it blows me away!