Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Taylor ready for Brookvale return

iSelect Titans forward David Taylor says he has recovered from the sternum injury that has seen him miss the Titans' last two games and is ready to help his team get back on track against Manly on Sunday.

Taylor is expecting a tough affair against the Sea Eagles and knows his side needs to be ready, against one of the form sides of the competition.

The battle of the forwards will be telling one on the weekend and Taylor says the Titans chargers must meet fire with fire early on.

The Titans have had a disappointing fortnight which has seen them drop out of the Top 8, but Taylor says those results are now behind them and they are firmly focused on the remaining eight games of the season.

Click here to watch the Titans TV interview with Taylor ahead of Sunday's clash.

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/79734
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Thanks mate. Ill be using hotel data? 90 odd minutes of streaming fall under the $10-$15 per day Internet they provide? I don't want to get home and tell the missus we need to mortgage the house to pay off my data bill from a titans game.
    A long way better than trying to explain the "executive catering" on your Visa statement.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I feel that resting the captains against Manly is just another poor coaching move from Cartwright.
    They are fit to play so why not play them. Even a 40 minute contribution from both players would be a better move than not playing them at all.
    I feel that Manly and Melbourne are the 2 teams you want a mental edge over come finals time.
    I hope I'm proven wrong come Sunday afternoon.
    I'm not in the military. Just marching along side the other supporters (Most of the time)
    I'm not a 'Fan' as a 'Fan' blows the hot air away until things cool down.

Team lineup will be diff to what has been advertised.

Wont say it on here (dont wanna give Manly that extra edge they might need to scrounge a win ) but the backline will have a reshuffle due to someone not being fit.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Zillman seems to be addition.

Count me in, says Harrison

ASHLEY Harrison has declared himself a certain starter for tomorrow's crucial clash against Manly at Brookvale Oval as the Titans fight to keep their finals campaign alive.

Harrison, battling a strained muscle in his right foot, missed training on Thursday but is bullish about his chances of playing.

''I'm pretty confident,'' he said.

''It's feeling pretty good, so I'll just test it out (today) and see how it is.

''I'll give it a good workout and then I'll know where I'm at.''

While Harrison looks a likely starter, the already-struggling Titans have taken another injury hit, with centre Brad Takairangi ruled out and replaced by Steve Michaels.

Already without Origin stars Nate Myles and Greg Bird (rested), William Zillman (osteitis pubis) and Jamal Idris (broken leg), the blow is one the Titans could have done without.

Tomorrow's game looms as a test of character for a Titans side now out of the eight on points for and against.

''They're all very important now, they're all equally important,'' Harrison said of the club's tough run home.

''You want to be playing every game you can and trying to help the team out as much as possible.

''We've had a couple of hard weeks on the training paddock and I think we're all looking forward to getting down there and improving on what we've done the last few weeks.''

The Titans leaked 86 points in their past two losses to the Knights and Panthers, something Harrison said was unacceptable.

''We're definitely not happy with it,'' he said.

''It's definitely not acceptable if you want to play finals footy.

''We've got a hard run home but I don't think we'd want it any other way. We've got to play all those teams at some stage and there's no better way if we're able to (get there) than heading into a finals series with that hard run under our belt.

''We're looking forward to it.

''It's going to be a massive challenge for us but I'm pretty sure the guys are up for it.''

The Titans will need to improve exponentially if they are to hold out the Sea Eagles, who have rediscovered their mojo in recent weeks.

''They're back in form and we're struggling,'' Harrison said bluntly.

''It's going to be a big ask for us but in saying that, we're pretty confident that if we can play our best footy, we're in there with a good shot.''

But he warned against becoming complacent after beating Manly at home in round 3.

''That was so long ago,'' he said.

''A lot's changed since then.

''It's the back end of the season and they've run into a bit of hot form and we've come off two big losses.

''It's a new game and we've just got to take it week by week now.''

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Seems like Taka is made from the same glass maker as Beau Champion was.

Michaels up against the best centre in the world.....this may be very painful to watch
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Michaels up against the best centre in the world.....this may be very painful to watch
    I thought Michaels was going to wing with Gordon shifting in to centre? Or is that not the case? Pls say it is. We all know how I feel about shmichaels.

Yep, Stevie been on the wing at training all week.

Rookie centre starters vs the best edge attackers in the comp.

We are going to have to brace ourselves and keep calm on the forum tomorrow
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Yep, Stevie been on the wing at training all week.

Rookie centre starters vs the best edge attackers in the comp.

We are going to have to brace ourselves and keep calm on the forum tomorrow
    Why, will they close us down AGAIN... Funny to notice they waited till forum was independent till they picked Michaels again... Coincidence....

Lucky we are not playing Rustys Rabbitohs. To use a line out of one of his movies" On my command unleash hell". I'm abit worried on tomorrow's results.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Lucky we are not playing Rustys Rabbitohs. To use a line out of one of his movies" On my command unleash hell". I'm abit worried on tomorrow's results.
    Manly has more points in them now than the Bunnies
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

Unfortunately I think we are going to get belted in this one

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Unfortunately I think we are going to get belted in this one
    I've searched for positives in this game but can't find any at all. The replacements all have a sameness about them and I feel our half's will not be so willing to get it out wide if there is little confidence and even less structure ... same score as the last two games, imho.