Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Ill give you 7 reasons why, oh way make that eig......
    Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea I know I really shouldnt. But life is boring if people dont do things impulsively.
    The nerds are picking on me
    #itaintweaktospeak

Giggs backs Blues to win Origin III
    By Roje Adaimy
    AAP
    Sun 14th July, 10:23pm

He may have befriended two of Queensland rugby league's best, but Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs has thrown his support behind NSW for Wednesday night's State of Origin series decider.

The 13-time English Premier League champion, in Sydney for Saturday's pre-season tour match against the A-League All Stars, says he is a big rugby league fan and will be among the 80,000-strong crowd watching the match at ANZ Stadium.

Among those vying for Origin honours for the eighth straight time will be Maroons captain Cameron Smith and fullback Billy Slater - two players Giggs met when their NRL club Melbourne travelled to Leeds for the World Club Championship earlier this year.

But his fondness for the Storm stars won't be extended to Queensland come Wednesday.

"I've also got a text off (NSW great) Andrew Johns, telling me in no uncertain terms who to support on Wednesday," Giggs said.

"I'm in Sydney so I'll be supporting NSW to win."

Giggs' teammate Wayne Rooney was also expected to be among the spectators on Wednesday but was flown back to Manchester with a hamstring injury soon after landing in Bangkok for the Red Devils' opening tour match against the Thai All Stars.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Wow Giggs is a league supporter?
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

I dont know if its this flu but I just realised that tonight is the Origin Decider!

Definitely going to make a night out of it.

I'm confident of Queensland winning, especially if we can hold out NSW for the first 20min.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Blues facing Origin moment of truth

NSW face their biggest State of Origin moment in 28 years on Wednesday night, yet on the back of a horrendous preparation they line up against a Queensland outfit desperate not to be the side to send the shield south of the border.

Fear of failure is proving a major motivator for the Maroons as they attempt to secure their eighth-straight series win - the drive for success in no way diluted by their achievements.

The Blues seemed to be making inroads with a series opening win in Sydney - but a game two shellacking and shocking build-up to the decider has them outsiders.

Only once have they ever started at longer odds to win a game at ANZ Stadium than the $2.50 being offered - and that was when they lost the 2010 series 3-0.

Their brightest attacking force, Jarryd Hayne, failed to make it through the first day of camp due to a hamstring injury.

Inspirational leader Paul Gallen was also a scratching due to a foot injury, while fill-in captain Robbie Farah spent Origin eve watching his NRL club implode from afar with Benji Marshall wanting out of Wests Tigers.

All this heading into a game which, if won, would rival NSW's first series win in 1985.

But while the Blues are on their knees, the Maroons remain wary.

"Even though Paul Gallen is out, their leader, they're a formidable footy side here at ANZ Stadium," Maroons coach Mal Meninga said.

"We also understand that we haven't won here the last couple of years. We have to play to our potential to get the result we're after."

Queensland's recent ANZ Stadium history is not great - having lost on their last three visits to the venue - but they do have a good record in deciders at the stadium.

Of the three deciders at the Sydney Olympics home, both sides have won once with the other game drawn.

But it is Queensland's ability to dominate in clutch situations during their seven-year reign which really stands out, with big-game players coming to the fore in all four deciders played during that span.

Last year it was Cooper Cronk with his field goal at the death, while in 2011 four tries in the space of 20 minutes blew NSW off the park in the opening half.

In 2008 Johnathan Thurston took off from his own half with 13 minutes to go to set up Billy Slater's match-winner, while Darren Lockyer's effort to pounce on a loose Brett Hodgson pass to kick-start the dynasty in 2006 has gone down in Origin folklore.

Many of those names remain in the Maroons line-up, and they are hellbent on not having their name associated with a NSW revival.

"Certainly when you get in the back end of your career fear of failure is a determining factor to get yourself motivated personally," Meninga said.

NSW's motivation is almost the opposite - the need to create their own piece of history.

Against the odds, against arguably the greatest Queensland side ever assembled, Farah has the chance to lead the Blues to a memorable victory.

"Potentially. We lose and no-one remembers," Farah said.

"We can't look back, Gal's not going to be on the field with us, we can't feel sorry for ourselves.

"We've just got to get on with the job and that's what we plan on doing."

Courier Mail

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

If QLD win Im gonna get smashed drunk.

But while the Blues are on their knees

You can tell this was written by the Courier Mail - more one eyed than Captain Hook!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Ill give you 7 reasons why, oh way make that eig......
    Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea I know I really shouldnt. But life is boring if people dont do things impulsively.
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    The nerds are picking on me
    Sounds like we need to sort these 2 out Pete.

Just hang in there. You hold them whilst I run and get help!

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Sounds like we need to sort these 2 out Pete.

Just hang in there. You hold them whilst I run and get help!
    Bring me a Flak Jacket i think one of them has a gun ..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...28214813_n.jpg
    #itaintweaktospeak

Channel 9 are that embarrassed by the poor refereeing decisions that they are not showing replays of the dodgy calls.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 17-07-13 at 08:08 PM.

^ EXACTLY what I've been saying.

Bird is such a milker at this level as well. Gets a penalty for Teo going high (nothing in it, come on) then later gets another penalty for losing the ball over the line. Some other questionable penalties in there as well (2 being strips which 9 never seem to replay).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...28214813_n.jpg
    Haha

Its all over , never give pearce a skyblue again
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).