• Yes

4 7.14%
  • No

52 92.86%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: JOHN CARTWRIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    how u know its the whole club?

Maybe it's just the main man of the club, u got inside info?
    No just based off his actions, his involvement with the bombers bid team, and his relationship with the Livermores
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Carty has to go. With the playing roster that we have we should be top 4. We should have finished higher than we did last year. Carty is recruiting on ability not his ability in coaching to bring out the best of the players and team.

I wonder how much it would cost to terminate to contract and pay him out? The other issue is that we do not have a coach tht can step up. Murphy would not be upro it or even that of a Q Cup coach.

Noddy makes a valid point. The turmoil in the club doesn't help, but I associate Hoss with that.

Credit where credit is due. Searle did a brilliant job getting the Titans into the comp. Cartwright even got us into the finals. In fact, we're still top 8 (even if we're falling fast out of it).

That said, Searle then took the club in a nose dive. David May managed to pull us out of it, but he's been forced out by Searle, who seems set on destroying what he created.

Cartwright would be gone from any other club by now too. He's just falling behind the pace as far as coaching goes, and it's showing on field.

He's one of the main reasons I got interested in the Titans, being a Panthers boy at heart, he was one of my favourite players when I was a kid, so it's not easy for me to say that he has to go.

That said, I'm not sure how much success any other coach will have with the issues the club currently has.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    That said, I'm not sure how much success any other coach will have with the issues the club currently has.
    This is the main reason why I don't think he should be sacked. Who would replace him? Would things change? Look at Parramatta. They sacked Brian Smith who was probably in a similar situation to Cartwright. Since then they have been on a merry-go-round of coaches and the only success they have to show for it is a fluke grand final appearance in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Since then they have been on a merry-go-round of coaches and the only success they have to show for it is a fluke grand final appearance in 2009.
    I'd rather want that than the situation we are in now.

I dont think we can compare us with the Eels. Eels actually don't have a proper squad to play competitive footy week in week out. Halves are crap, forward pack is soft, hooker is crap, they have no discipline and they give away easy penalties. Only thing decent is maybe there backline and ability to score tries.

We actually have the squad. Mead, Idris and Zillman at their best are dangerous. Sezer and Kelly together are a threat halves pairing in the comp. Our forward pack is very strong with the likes of Bird, Myles, Taylor etc. Also there is a lot of potential in Ioane and James. The coaches at Eels didn't have the squad to work with but Carty does have the squad and still isn't producing results.
    Last edited by Julius Sezer; 07-07-13 at 02:25 PM.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

i think cartwright has done some okay things this year, and improved in some areas.

i also think the individual brilliance of jamma and albertador has covered over some cracks in our team.

we are along way behind other teams in 'game smarts' and the finer details of current NRL coaching.

i think cartwright is an ok coach with some good traits; those being loyalty and helping guys who have been off the tracks. but he is just so far off pace with some stuff and when we lose a player inured during a game, im sure you could work out a cool drinking game trying to find out whos moved where.

in the end, he wont deliver us a premiership, and once you know that....your only wasting time by not moving on and finding someone else. Right now, thee are only 4 or 5 coaches with the ability to win a title, so we cant really look for former coaches or coaches in the comp at the moment. we need to take a stab like melbourne did wilth Bellamy, roosters have with Robinson, and souths did with maguire. Search for someone with a cutting edge knowledge of rugby league coaching, and id be looking at the assistants form those clubs i listed. namely kev walters or paul green or Jason Taylor.

especially since our forwards are our experienced strength, our coach needs a backs coach to mentor alby and sezer.

also, our best forwards are in late twenties and jamma/mead/alby/sezer are all early 20's, our window is the next 3-5 years....if we waste them with Carty then we wont be seeing any silverware

Agree to a point, but the thing we really lack is back depth.I have watched state league this year and think our options are pretty weak. I don't see much joy coming. You can buy a million dollar centre but if he gets injured what do you do? I'd prefer to see a better reserve structure lets bite the bullet stop trying to be friends with every one. Have one state team with real genuine competition in the group. My preference would be burleigh as they are a strong financial club and we shouldn't be around mediocrity as the Seagulls are our little charity case at the moment. Spend money on local junior recruitment for our 20's put a cap on non local players and the rest should be from our massive nursery Coffs to Beenleigh.

Rugby League is a savage game on and off the field. At any other club Carty would have been moved on already, that is a fact. I think he has had a red hot crack and been at the club for 7 seasons.

Anyone that rails hard against anyone who suggests a new coaching appointment is really kidding themselves. I find the fact that people get up people for questioning a club's coaching appointment amusing, it has been bread and butter since a ball was ever kicked.

We are Rugby League supporters not Beliebers.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Wow just saw the poll results...

Should Cartwright keep his job

Yes 2 6.90%
    No 27 93.10
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

If Cartwright goes and I will respect that decision although I'm the few who don't agree with that, I really hope we give him the respect he deserves I would even name a cup after him. Maybe the Cartwright Cambell cup which should be played against Penrith as both gave it all for both.

I was very late on the sack the coach bandwaggon but I am desperate for him to go now. I think the reasons are just in the general style of play and lack of fundamentals our team has such as:
    * usually 5 hit ups and a kick that rarely finds the ground
    * very few set moves
    * the lack of protection for our fullback and wingers under high kicks (when was the last time we saw us penalised for blocking a runner)
    * wingers that don't stay on their wing in defence
    * players picked out of position
    * no development of talent (like Sezer - playing ok but has not kicked on as much as he should have due to coaching style)
    * generally no hurt in defence - like the Knights did by just pounding us in defence last week. Yet we have a pack full of rep players

That's just off the top of my head but seems like a good basis for the sack. However the first person for the high jump should be the person who signed Carty to a five year contract (wonder who) as I don't think any coach should be signed to that length of deal.

Titans wont win another game this year with Cartwright as coach...which will probably leave us within the bottom three sides.
    I bet our excuses will be the recent injuries to Idris and Bird but in all honesty the signs were already there.
    It's an early part of the season for the players to give up but considering our latest results...one starts to wonder.

The young players really need our mature guys to keep playing strong for their own career sack.

Besides Carty shouldn't Matt Rogers be held responsible since he is the backs coach.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

rogers is a good apointment as a mentor, but really he can only pass on his experience, not development plans or new tactics.

This thread has been a long time coming!!!!

If the Titans were a serious organisation Carty would have been sacked the year after we made the Prelim. He took us from within a game of the grand final to the wooden spoon by kidding himself that he had a formula that will work year in and year out. I mentioned earlier in the year that any team planning for us could watch tape from 2010 - we are that stale.

But we are not a serious organisation. We are fans of a team that is the plaything of an egomaniac. So while we all agree that Carty needs to go that action won't be a panacea for our club. So long as Searle in in charge problems will persist.

86 points in two weeks conceded to teams OUTSIDE the top 8 is season ending stuff for almost any team, let alone with our run home.

As for comparisons with Parramatta that is a bit over the top. We went into the season with hope. They did not. Carty might have a 38% W/L record but that is better than Ricky Stuart in games excluding those where he coached Brad Fittler.

So, yes he should go but we all know it ain't gonna happen with Searle in charge.