Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 7.14%
  • No

52 92.86%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: JOHN CARTWRIGHT

There's a lot of truth in what you mentioned there, DB.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I suspect he is feeling more pressure than he is letting on, but if he learnt anything from our own David May, it's that a bit of honesty and showing people you are aware of the problem endears you to people more than lying and pretending everything is ok when it's not.

If carty said ' for some reason I've really struggled to get this team to its full potential, but I'm not gonna give up easily, and believe adding some coaching structures around me will really help', I would give him my backing most likely, but the facade irks me.
    He hasn't

And he won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I suspect he is feeling more pressure than he is letting on, but if he learnt anything from our own David May, it's that a bit of honesty and showing people you are aware of the problem endears you to people more than lying and pretending everything is ok when it's not.

If carty said ' for some reason I've really struggled to get this team to its full potential, but I'm not gonna give up easily, and believe adding some coaching structures around me will really help', I would give him my backing most likely, but the facade irks me.

Very True,

Early on when he had guys like rogers, presto and a youngish Scott prince their ability to create attacking opportunities covered for our lack of structure and game plan.
    The first 10 round of this year albey was playing free and creating opportunities.

If the Club wants to honour his contract they need to performance review him like any employer should. Find his strengths and weaknesses and give him the support he needs.

IMO If Carty goes against this he would be ruining his own Career as a coach. Having henry could turning him into a complete coach rather than someone how is a good bloke with a top 4 rooster preforming like a bottom 8 team

I think this is the general feeling of a lot of people, because I don't really want to see Carty be asked/forced to leave the club, but I don't want to keep seeing the Titans under-perform either.

A better coach with some fresh ideas, allowing Carty to focus on the forwards while the Rat keeps working with the halves/backs, would probably be just what the club needs.

Carty (and Searle) have to be honest and upfront and accept that change needs to be made. Neil Henry's clever tactical thinking, Cartys heart and soul into the forwards, the Rat at the back, and some honesty from the club. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I think this is the general feeling of a lot of people, because I don't really want to see Carty be asked/forced to leave the club, but I don't want to keep seeing the Titans under-perform either.

A better coach with some fresh ideas, allowing Carty to focus on the forwards while the Rat keeps working with the halves/backs, would probably be just what the club needs.

Carty (and Searle) have to be honest and upfront and accept that change needs to be made. Neil Henry's clever tactical thinking, Cartys heart and soul into the forwards, the Rat at the back, and some honesty from the club. Good times!
    This.
    I like Cartwright, but can't keep watching the team struggle due stale/ineffective coaching.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Furner sacked from Canberra, not one of the coaches I thought were on the chopping block.

http://www.nrl.com/furner-joins-majo...2/default.aspx
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

I was speaking to a mate of mine who is in NRL coaching circles and he said to me that, in his opinion, Neil Henry would be absolutely mad to take an assistant at any under performing club.

He said that Henry is a Head Coach and if he came into a club, say the Titans, and implemented a few key structural changes that saw the team improve from 12th-9th up into 6th - 2nd (which is realistic given our playing roster) who would get the credit for that improvement?? You can be sure that it would not be the assistant coach who just got fired from an under performing contender, it would be the head coach who just happens to be best mates with the owner.

For that reason, he believes he will end up at Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I was speaking to a mate of mine who is in NRL coaching circles and he said to me that, in his opinion, Neil Henry would be absolutely mad to take an assistant at any under performing club.

He said that Henry is a Head Coach and if he came into a club, say the Titans, and implemented a few key structural changes that saw the team improve from 12th-9th up into 6th - 2nd (which is realistic given our playing roster) who would get the credit for that improvement?? You can be sure that it would not be the assistant coach who just got fired from an under performing contender, it would be the head coach who just happens to be best mates with the owner.

For that reason, he believes he will end up at Melbourne.
    great points, totaly agree

Pretty well sums it up, karnage.

To me, until the pair of them are outed altogether, I'm not expecting anything to improve anytime soon.

Also, I admire Mexican Titan's stance on renewing his membership next year, just for the sake of keeping a NRL Team on the Coast. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Supporter that frequents this forum that doesn't want a Gold Coast Team in the Comp.

But when it comes to the crunch, the team will eventually crash and burn while Searle and Cartwright remain in their roles. The club needs drastic restructuring, otherwise it'll simply be a case of sitting back and watch it go **** up with those two holding their key positions. It's only a matter of time.

If they pull a genuine figure of 5000 members for the 2014 season, I'll be quite surprised while those two are there..
    Last edited by Toads; 22-08-13 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    it would be the head coach who just happens to be best mates with the owner.
    This is the way i see it.

The only reason anyone, including all of us on here, would take a pay-cut and a demotion is:

a. you are on the bones of your a$$ and need any job, in any position.
    b. you are gaining knowledge and/or experience from the person above you (nup, that's not gonna happen here)
    c. you are waiting to be promoted into the position above you when the boss realises you are better than the person above you (nup, that's not gonna happen here).

So, anyone who came to the club as an assistant has to be either in position a or b. Not ideal.

We need a new everything.
    Stating with the coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    We need a new everything.
    Stating with the coach.
    Pretty much this, 2014 is looking grimm with alot of dissapointment
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

There can't be disappointment unless there are unrealistic expectations ... in my case I am not expecting much except more time with the family.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

If Stuart & Price can keep their jobs this season Carty should be a real chance at coaching the Kangaroos for the World Cup this year
    #itaintweaktospeak

First Grader

What a dunderhead decision to go in with Michaels and Srama on the bench. You only need an injury to one of the big forwards and you are left with only one big forward on the rotation bench.

Guess what, Mini was injured in the first 10 minutes which left the Titans with only one big forward on the interchange bench for 70 minutes.

Really feel sorry for the players who played their heart out against the Warriors only to be short charged by ridiculous coaching decisions.