• No

52 92.86%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: JOHN CARTWRIGHT

since round 1 2011
    24 wins
    41 loses
    win percentage 37%

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Pos...Team.......W..Points
    1 STORM..........47 94
    2 EAGLES.........45 90
    3 RABBITOHS....42 84
    4 BULLDOGS.....40 80
    5 BRONCOS......37 74
    6 COWBOYS.....35 70
    7 ROOSTERS....32 64
    8 WESTS........32 64
    9 WARRIORS....31 62
    10 DRAGONS....31 62
    11 KNIGHTS.....31 62
    12 RAIDERS.....29 58
    13 SHARKS......29 58
    14 PANTHERS...26 52
    15 TITANS.......25 50
    16 EELS..........15 30

ladder since 2011
    Last edited by thelwall; 30-07-13 at 11:38 PM.

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Quote Originally Posted by thelwall View Post
    1 STORM..........47 94
    2 EAGLES.........45 90
    3 RABBITOHS....42 84
    4 BULLDOGS.....40 80
    5 BRONCOS......37 74
    6 COWBOYS.....35 70
    7 ROOSTERS....32 64
    8 WESTS........32 64
    9 WARRIORS....31 62
    10 DRAGONS....31 62
    11 KNIGHTS.....31 62
    12 RAIDERS.....29 58
    13 SHARKS......29 58
    14 PANTHERS...26 52
    15 TITANS.......25 50
    16 EELS..........15 30

ladder since 2011
    Wow

For those wondering my 33% comes from the start of this year
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by thelwall View Post
    1 STORM..........47 94
    2 EAGLES.........45 90
    3 RABBITOHS....42 84
    4 BULLDOGS.....40 80
    5 BRONCOS......37 74
    6 COWBOYS.....35 70
    7 ROOSTERS....32 64
    8 WESTS........32 64
    9 WARRIORS....31 62
    10 DRAGONS....31 62
    11 KNIGHTS.....31 62
    12 RAIDERS.....29 58
    13 SHARKS......29 58
    14 PANTHERS...26 52
    15 TITANS.......25 50
    16 EELS..........15 30

ladder since 2011
    What do teams2,3,4, 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,13,14 all have in common??

They have all sacked coaches or changed coaches since 2011. Any wonder we are behind them ALL

At the end of the day everything comes down to Seinfeld and South Park.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Business as usual for Titans coach

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright says he can't let media speculation over his future affect his work with the NRL club.

Cartwright's position has come up for discussion following last weekend's 32-4 loss to South Sydney, which left the club poised to miss out on finals for the third straight year.

Cartwright will meet with the club's interim chief executive Darryl Kelly on Wednesday but says contrary to media reports, the meeting is nothing out of the ordinary.

Claiming reporters loved seeing a coach under pressure, Cartwright said as far as he's concerned it's business as normal ahead of Sunday's must-win clash with Wests Tigers.

"I don't feel any more pressure than when I started the job," Cartwright said.

"I can't let that affect the performance that I do for the players.

"What people say is out of my control, I'll just go and do my job.

"As a club we've been under the pump for a long time. We've got some stable footings now, but we've still got a lot of catching up to do.

"We're going to be of the equal of all other clubs very soon."

Cartwright says his concerns are more immediate with a hefty injury toll from the bruising loss to the Rabbitohs forcing him to put together a makeshift team to play the Tigers.

Matt Srama (ankle), Luke Bailey (ankle) and Albert Kelly (sternum) have all been ruled out while William Zillman remains unavailable due to an ongoing groin complaint.

It's forced Cartwright to name Ashley Harrison at five-eighth while winger David Mead will move to fullback.

The Titans are two games outside the eight with just six rounds remaining and can all but kiss their finals hopes goodbye if they don't beat the Tigers.

"It's a season of 26 games not 16, the faith I have is there is a side there that can compete with any side in the competition," he said.

"We've just got to keep digging deep. I'll keep digging deep to find a way we can get back to where we were."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

"Who's Cartwright?"
    "I'm Cartwright."

Genius...

Boston Celtics basketball legend Larry Bird was coaxed into coaching his home-town team, the Indiana Pacers, in the late '90s. The Pacers were struggling and needed Bird's winning mentality.

When Bird signed on he told the Pacers' owner that under no circumstance would he coach past three years. He explained that after two years a coach's influence on his players begins to diminish. After three, it's over.

Bird's three years at the Pacers brought Indiana huge success but, true to his word, after the third year, when he took the team to the NBA finals, he resigned. Too cleve
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I think we should sign Cam Smith as our coach, because i can see carty still around when he retires
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Lets face it, carty isn't getting the boot whilst Searle is there so lets bring in someone who can help. There's a pretty good coach who beat us tonight who would be very handy.

Watching the Titans attack was painful to say the least
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Business as usual for Titans coach
    "I don't feel any more pressure than when I started the job," Cartwright said.
    This is probably the most concerning statement he has made, and the most telling.

"We're going to be of the equal of all other clubs very soon."
    Very soon? How soon? And who wants to be "the equal"? I want/expect to be better.

Cartwright says his concerns are more immediate with a hefty injury toll from the bruising loss to the Rabbitohs forcing him to put together a makeshift team to play the Tigers.
    That "makeshift team" won 2 games straight, but then we went back to the old "winning" formula...

"It's a season of 26 games not 16, the faith I have is there is a side there that can compete with any side in the competition," he said.
    John, we all know we have a team that can BEAT any side in the competition, we just need you to understand there is a reason they are struggling just to compete with weaker teams.

"We've just got to keep digging deep. I'll keep digging deep to find a way we can get back to where we were."
    Where were we John? 1 finals appearance in 7 years. We also have had the same amount of spoons. You've had 7 years to find a way John. Maybe you've had enough time. Don't you think?

I understand your frustration, C-whiz. Hopefully you can draw some comfort in knowing that you're not alone, when it comes to Cartwright.

The most prominent thing that excels above his Coaching ability, is the spin he comes up with to try 'n mask over our teams poor performance. I can't find the article at the moment. But there's an article posted yesterday that he's starting another yarn that he'll build on 'n use as an out for the piss poor form this year. Three games to go, it should be a beauty by the end of Round 26.

I guess Searle has taught him well..

It's everybody's fault except his own ... classic no accountabiliy syndrome.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I suspect he is feeling more pressure than he is letting on, but if he learnt anything from our own David May, it's that a bit of honesty and showing people you are aware of the problem endears you to people more than lying and pretending everything is ok when it's not.

If carty said ' for some reason I've really struggled to get this team to its full potential, but I'm not gonna give up easily, and believe adding some coaching structures around me will really help', I would give him my backing most likely, but the facade irks me.