Default Top Ten Fullbacks In Rugby League ? June 2013

The fullback position has become one of the most important on any Rugby League team. Right now the game is blessed with a number of fullback who are great player on an all time scale.

These are the top ten fullbacks in the game today according to League Freak.
    1. Greg Inglis
    The best athlete in the game, one of the most versatile players in the game, one of the most skillful players in the game, he is simply the best player in the world in my opinion.
    2. Billy Slater
    An incredible athlete with explosive acceleration, he is the most dangerous player in the game when attacking the opposition line. I think he is a future immortal.
    3. Jarryd Hayne
    Another incredible athlete. When he is on form he can destroy the opposition. That is the drawback though, his form is up and down.
    4. Brett Stewart
    An outstanding player who has an incredible try scoring record. His injury problems really hurt him as far as being higher up this list goes.
    5. Ben Barba
    Last season was incredible. This season he?s come back to the pack. His off field issues are a worry, but he is a young player with a whole career ahead of him.
    6. Michael Gordon
    A few injury issues but he is a very good goal kicker, he isn?t a problem as far as off field issues go and he is a very strong ball runner from fullback.
    7. Josh Dugan
    There no questioning his talent at all. On pure talent, he would be at number three on this list. However with all of the off field issues, and the injury problems he has had throughout his career, I can?t put him any higher than this.
    8. Reece Robinson
    He is one of the cheaper players on the list, he is super consistent and you can depend on him to turn up and give you the same performance week in, week out.
    9. Darius Boyd
    His form over the last couple of season hasn?t been great. He has a lot of big game experience though.
    10. Kevin Locke
    Great speed and fantastic footwork, Locke has the ability to carve up the opposition when he is on song.
    Some Omissions
    Anthony Minichello
    A great player but doesn?t quite make the list. Especially because of the blunders he makes in defense these days.
    Josh Hoffman
    I really rate him as a player but the constant injuries?I just couldn?t put him on the list.
    Matthew Bowen
    Injuries are starting to have a major effect, which is a real shame. He is one of my favorite players.
    Sam Tomkins
    Terrible under the high ball and he doesn?t perform against quality opposition.

From League Freak
    #itaintweaktospeak

Why no William Zillman??
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

A bit harsh on Tomkins. He carved up the Aussies in the Four Nations tournament that consisted of the likes of Morris, Inglis, Slater, Gallen, Lewis, Smith, Thurston etc.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Disregarded the entire article after seeing Zillman wasn't number 1.

Who's Greg Inglis?

Willy Zlater
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

alot of people will probs disagree with me here and im expecting them to, after brett stewart was stood down by the nrl for the incident that happened with that young lady who in the end was apparently just another one of those cash hungry people trying to get another player in trouble for some $$$, i wonder how good brett stewart could of been..... there is no doubt that he is quite injury prone but the injuries started after the ban the nrl forced upon him in 2009 - 4 weeks for drunkenness after the realised the ****ed up......

if he had not of been given those 4 weeks ban in which really he didnt deserve to have for " drunkenness" how good could he have been
    Last edited by thelwall; 26-06-13 at 12:03 AM.

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Quote Originally Posted by thelwall View Post
    alot of people will probs disagree with me here and im expecting them to, after brett stewart was stood down by the nrl for the incident that happened with that young lady who in the end was apparently just another one of those cash hungry people trying to get another player in trouble for some $$$, i wonder how good brett stewart could of been..... there is no doubt that he is quite injury prone but the injuries started after the ban the nrl forced upon him in 2009 - 4 weeks for drunkenness after the realised the ****ed up......

if he had not of been given those 4 weeks ban in which really he didnt deserve to have for " drunkenness" how good could he have been
    how good could he have been?...he was the man in 08...me thinks he would have continued to be the top fb the following yr aswell. So skilful and a superb fb in his day
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

read somewhere that he has a 100m record of something like 10.5 that is quite quick ahahha

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

That list has to be in perspective.

League Freak loves to hate the poms, so its a rub in Tomkins face to stir them up.

If you dont follow him on twitter do so today, the bloke is a crack up
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.