Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

I also expect Mead and Rankin to get first crack at #1
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I have no idea what the right thing is anymore, he will just be his usual self at wing. Solid.

My opinion is, if zilly is out then he is the man to get the fb spot. There really is no other choice as good as him. I'd even have kev over the rest.
    Mead will tell you himself he struggles to run out a game at fullback. He's an explosive athlete. He doesn't have the motor, especially after missing 10 games this season, to play an NRL game in sweltering Darwin heat at fullback. It just wouldn't work. He'd cramp after 60 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by chicbarn View Post
    Mead will tell you himself he struggles to run out a game at fullback. He's an explosive athlete. He doesn't have the motor, especially after missing 10 games this season, to play an NRL game in sweltering Darwin heat at fullback. It just wouldn't work. He'd cramp after 60 minutes.
    deleted cause I came across as being rude

I have told others its too late in the season to put him at fb and expect an impact.
    Last edited by teke; 03-07-13 at 09:30 AM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Something that might have to be considered, is the quality of the paddock up there at the moment. Unless the groundsperson/s have been prepping it for the last several weeks forthis match, it might be a bit hard at the moment which in turn could see more injuries. I hope this was something that the NRL considered when having these away games, especially Inland 'n Northern Australia.

They didn't have much of a Wet Season up there last season.

RANKIN would be absolutely gutted, he has been playing really good footy for BURLEIGH and week in week out has been amongst the best on field in my view.

CARTY and CLARKY seem to be hell bent on destroying the confidence of the kids they have on the fringe of the top 17.

I would expect no less. Very disappointing. But F++ck it why not totally destroy the team with another display of poor man management as we have seen countless times before. I have not entered the debate re CARTY as yet.

Now is as good a time as any. CARTY stop playing god with these kids, and as for CLARKY, my god he needs to seriously look for something else to do in the club.

It is time to clean house with CARTY and Co, GILLY and LANGY and FERRIS excluded in this.
    We dont need an 80's game plan, and poor player management, especially with the people we have on the books.

Why are people calling on Rankin? He has done nothing every time he has been called into first grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Why are people calling on Rankin? He has done nothing every time he has been called into first grade.
    RANKIN is still young and developing. He has drastically improved his performances on the paddock for BURLEIGH. Why would we elevate 2 kids with less experience playing in the powder puff U20's comp over players we have in the Intrust Super Cup.

I was under the impression that the Intrust teams are our feeder clubs. The players in the 20's are nowhere near ready for what lays ahead, physically and mentally.

I strongly suggest that you get to a urleigh game and then after that should you feel the same then write him off.

Teen Titans given chance
    Emma Greenwood | 12:01am July 3, 2013

A RUGBY union convert picked up in an open trial and a fullback in the mould of fearless runner Karmichael Hunt are set to bring their flair to the Titans' backline in a sneak peek into the club's future.

Hymel Hunt and Jahrome Hughes will be injected into an injury-ravaged Titans outfit for Saturday's NRL round 17 clash against the Panthers in Darwin after William Zillman and Jamal Idris were forced out with injury.

The dynamic teenage duo have been backed to overcome first-game nerves and display the form that has them earning rave reviews in the National Youth Competition.

Titans under-20s coach Jamie O'Connor says the pair will not die wondering in what could be a short-lived opportunity at the top level once the Titans get a fully healthy team back on the park.

''They've been outstanding in the under-20s so far this year, so it's probably a just reward,'' he said.

''I think it's time to find out where they're at and how they're travelling.

''It's not an ideal time (for the Titans) with a few injuries but it gives those two young guys a real good opportunity to show what they're all about.''

Hunt is a former rugby player at renowned Brisbane nursery Nudgee College who was picked up by the Titans in a player trial at Ipswich.

He has long been touted as a future NRL player after three solid seasons in the under-20 competition.

Head coach John Cartwright resisted the urge to promote the former Redcliffe Dolphins junior earlier this season, saying the centre had to banish bad habits that had crept into his game.

But O'Connor said the 191cm 19-year-old had worked tirelessly on his game and fitness this season to get his first-grade chance.

Hughes will add to the Titans' list of home-grown stars when he runs out at fullback in place of Zillman, who has been sidelined with a nagging groin injury.

The former Palm Beach Currumbin student spent 12 months in Sydney with the Roosters but returned to the Coast where he is in his second year in the under-20s.

''He's one that's slipped under the radar a little bit in regards to people looking at guys pushing up into the NRL but he's a tough kid,'' O'Connor said.

''He's a bloke who will just take all the challenges on.

''He's a bit of a Karmichael Hunt in a way. He'll return the ball with plenty of purpose and he's got a lot of skills to go with that as well.

''They will be super nervous but both guys have been waiting there hoping they do get one or a handful of games this year.

''They'll bring plenty of enthusiasm and plenty of excitement for some of the older guys.''

It is that enthusiasm that Cartwright hopes the pair can bring to his battered squad after their thrashing in Newcastle at the weekend.

''What they're going to bring is plenty of enthusiasm out of everyone else,'' Cartwright said from Darwin yesterday.

''I think everyone is so excited for those boys, they know what it feels like to make your debut.

''Just the excitement you could feel as soon as the (rest of the) boys knew they were flying up here after a really disappointing performance against Newcastle, it gave us a bit of a boost to see those guys jlroll up.''

While the pair's chance has come about through injury, Cartwright has been keeping a keen eye on them for some time.

''It's pretty exciting when kids have come through your junior system and you give them a chance to make their debut,'' he said.

''It's come about through injury but particularly the last six weeks they've been doing great things for our 20s.''
    #itaintweaktospeak

I have seen Rank play many games for Burleigh this year & i do think he's playing good footy for Burleigh but i don't think he's good enough for the NRL & i'm looking forward to watching Jahrome Hughes get his chance to show his skills.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Where/When are the Titans 20's playing Panthers?
    I saw it said Gold Coast, dont know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Where/When are the Titans 20's playing Panthers?
    I saw it said Gold Coast, dont know anymore.
    It's being played at Cudgen not sure what time but i think it's on sunday..will be good to see how shaun Hudson goes at Fullback but these boys are up against a very good Panthers outfit.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Always a very exciting moment to see a debut, here we have two.

Shattered, absolutely shattered to see what happened with Jamal.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    It's being played at Cudgen not sure what time but i think it's on sunday..will be good to see how shaun Hudson goes at Fullback but these boys are up against a very good Panthers outfit.
    Cheers, might go for a look.

i feel a bit for the darwin NRL fans, Jamal would have been the playermost were waiting to see.

Alby will still give them a good show, but Jamma is so good with kids and clinics and stuff that the titans and NRL have lost out a bit here too in developing our support in Darwin. just such poor timing the poor guy.

pumped to see the kids get a run, but gutted Mead didnt at least keep his centre spot. maybe a late name change closer to the game might eventuate.

Rumour on twitter that alby will play FB.

Not a super source, but its out there

If true, that's a shame for all the people who missed there chance at FB, PLUS now we not even blooding someone.

Alby at 7 is our very best weapon we have, why the hell we would move him I have no idea. If its true I can't wait for the karnage explosion.