Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Hurt his shoulder, but should be right.
    So if he's right, will chalky or Hunt make way you reckon?

Due to the names mentioned in the list of 19, and how one expects Carty to **** this up with multiple positional changes. I'm expecting Panfers to put 20 on us..

Exciting times ahead! If Jahrome has a blinder then Zillman will be under pressure to perform and not take his position in the team for granted. If Hymel Hunt has a good game then he might be the permanent centre we have been looking for this whole time.

But O' Dwyer in the centres was not the ideal choice imo. Don should not have been dropped and Mead was looking good at centre. I'm not aware of the talent that Jahrome Hughes possesses but i have always thought our back up fullback was Rankin. Thought he was going well at fullback in QLD Cup. So i'm really confused about the pecking order for the fullback position at the club because Jamie Dowling got a shot at fullback last year and i thought he was impressive. So i thought Dowling and Rankin were ahead of Jahrome for the fullback position.

I would have preferred this

1. Jordan Rankin
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. David Mead
    4. Hymel Hunt
    5. Anthony Don
    Last edited by Julius Sezer; 02-07-13 at 03:36 PM.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

I'm a bit lost on the pecking order for fullback too, but there has been a lot lately which has said that Jahrome is meant to be the long term replacement for Zillman. Roosters came after him too.

I've seen Jahrome play a few times, he is very good. 18 years old at the moment, has a lot of development left in him. Interesting selection choice from Carty with the likes of Marmin, Rankin, Dowling and Russell there. But hey..I'm fine with it.

I'd like to hope that Don's inclusion would result in the omission of O'Dwyer and Mead to centre.

One thing I'm sure of though..our fullback this weekend will definitely have some play-making ability. Which is a pleasant change

Teke, what are your thoughts? Mead staying on the wing the right thing in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I'm a bit lost on the pecking order for fullback too, but there has been a lot lately which has said that Jahrome is meant to be the long term replacement for Zillman. Roosters came after him too.

I've seen Jahrome play a few times, he is very good. 18 years old at the moment, has a lot of development left in him. Interesting selection choice from Carty with the likes of Marmin, Rankin, Dowling and Russell there. But hey..I'm fine with it.
    Fair enough as i said i haven't watched Jahrome play so I can't judge properly. I just didn't realise we had so many fullbacks at our disposal Marmin Barba, Jahrome, Matty Russell, Rankin and Jamie Dowling.

If we have so many fullbacks then what was the reason for purchasing Marmin Barba in the first place? Was it to stack up in the halves? We also didn't need to purchase Matty Russell then if we already have Rankin, Jahrome and Dowling.

Also Carty might see Rankin only as a backup for the halves. I've always thought Rankin's natural position was fullback. I remember his comeback game where he played fullback, he chimed in nicely into the game.

Threw a beautiful cut out ball to Mead to score. I think at 5/8 he struggles to be creating something all the team whereas at fullback he can pick out the moments. A suspect under the high ball though.

One thing I'm sure of though..our fullback this weekend will definitely have some play-making ability. Which is a pleasant change
    That should be exciting to see. I'm also very excited to see the footy Hymel Hunt can play. Keep hearing that he is very talented. I noticed in the team sheets that he was playing a bit of backrow. Hopefully he is a good defender out wide.

Teke, what are your thoughts? Mead staying on the wing the right thing in your opinion?
    I see what you did there
    Last edited by Julius Sezer; 02-07-13 at 03:57 PM.

So if he's right, will chalky or Hunt make way you reckon?
    Like everyone else I'd love to see Mead back to centre with Don wing and Chalky punted, but I would have a clue what Carty will do.

Great to see Hughes and Hunt have a crack.

I'd like to hope that Don's inclusion would result in the omission of O'Dwyer and Mead to centre.

I like the look of Hughes. He is a bit wet around the ears. He has a really good kicking game and has a tone of try assists to his name. For those interested he is 187cms tall and weighs 92kg.

I have no idea what the right thing is anymore, he will just be his usual self at wing. Solid.

My opinion is, if zilly is out then he is the man to get the fb spot. There really is no other choice as good as him. I'd even have kev over the rest.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Immortal

Happy to see Jehrome and Hymel get a go, but I feel for Jordan Rankin, he has been very good for Burleigh, not sure what else he could have done.

Mead and Rankin must be spewin' for not getting a crack at fullback.

If Mead wasn't on the wing (also Don being injured) it leaves no one else to fill the wing spot other than Steve Michaels. I think putting Jahrome at fullback and Mead on the wing appealed more to Carty than Mead at fullback and Michaels on the wing.

****ing hell i just fell of my pet unicorn when i read this - youth ha..... didnt even know we had any till now

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

[QUOTE=Julius Sezer;326886]Exciting times ahead! If Jahrome has a blinder then Zillman will be under pressure to perform and not take his position in the team for granted. If Hymel Hunt has a good game then he might be the permanent centre we have been looking for this whole time.

And if they both go badly I will be repeating what I always say and that is the Under 20's comp is crap and we should be getting our backup players from Q Cup where they play against men.
    I really hope I am wrong and they both have great games. I would be very happy to have egg all over my face as this is a must win game.

no confidence at all going into this one, i am expecting Panther to win pretty easily actually. The thing that might help us is the humidity up that way , maybe , maybe not
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by thelwall View Post
    ****ing hell i just fell of my pet unicorn when i read this - youth ha..... didnt even know we had any till now
    Pics or it didn't happen

Looking forward to this
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER