Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 17 Gold Coast Titans v Penrith Panthers

Gold Coast Titans v Penrith Panthers
    TIO Stadium, Darwin on Saturday, July 6.
    #itaintweaktospeak

This could be our season defining match after such a poor show against the Knights & what probably is a season ending injury to Jamal..

Heading straight to Darwin from Newcastle may not be the ideal preparation for a team that looks to be in serious trouble but I hope Carty is looking at fixing the problem long term & not just trying to plug the leak....Odwyer or Michaels should not be considered , give Hymel Hunt or Barba a chance at 1st grade now.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    This could be our season defining match after such a poor show against the Knights & what probably is a season ending injury to Jamal..

Heading straight to Darwin from Newcastle may not be the ideal preparation for a team that looks to be in serious trouble but I hope Carty is looking at fixing the problem long term & not just trying to plug the leak....Odwyer or Michaels should not be considered , give Hymel Hunt or Barba a chance at 1st grade now.
    Absolutely 100% agree.

Come on Carty, give em a crack.

Mid season signing hendo to play centres

Yeah if we want to buy a centre, we need to do it by midnight tonight....

But I would rather give young'uns a go.

Hunt, Russell, Barba, Rankin, Dowling. Idris is basically irreplaceable, so we might as well develop players in the meantime.

Meady was like one of these guys at one point... Young, unknown and waiting to pounce.

Teams have bounced back from thrashing well this year, so hopefully its the kick start we need cos a loss next week drops us right back into the clustermuck of teams, we are swimming with head just above the water atm, but need to recover and get 2 from penrith and two from bye.

I can forgive today as a one off, but its the Jamma situation that scares me.

Heard Rankin playing good at fullback is he zillman mead centres Rankin fullback does anyone agree

Because we know carty won't blood anyone

yeah hatchy, i think that would be smart. not sure if hell move zilly, but it would be good. or give marmin a chance

Whatever he decides we know it will be wrong ... speculation is worthless.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rankin to fullback would be a good move. Carty is reluctant on trying out young guns like Hymel Hunt.

I have a horrible feeling he will draft Steve Michaels into the side. Our defence will be very vulnerable on the edges.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Read an article somewhere this morning that O'Dwyer will be 'rushed into the side'. Hopefully Taka sorts himself out soon.

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Taka
    4. Mead
    5. Don

Is the way forward.

Junior

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Taka
    4. Mead
    5. Don

Is the way forward.

I don't want to sound disloyal but I can't help thinking this is a pretty mediocre line up. No big charismatic characters, all learning their trade, no natural leaders, no rep players, all prone to errors, not much footballing nouse (yet), not one devastating in attack or defence. Hope they prove me wrong.

Any word on how long Taka and Taylor are out for?

As bad as the boys got beat yesterday there is a huge chance we will be in 4th spot on Saturday night , although it may only be temporary
    #itaintweaktospeak

Titans kick-off Darwin camp
    Adam Gardini
    Monday 1 July 2013 6:01 PM

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans today kicked off a week-long camp in Darwin with a recovery session at the Darwin Waterfront Wave Lagoon.

In the wake of Sunday's loss to the Knights, the Titans today arrived in Darwin to start a week's worth of community and promotional activities in the build-up to Saturday night's clash against the Panthers at TIO Stadium, Darwin.

iSelect Titans prop Luke Bailey said the Darwin camp provided a good chance for the Titans to re-group after the disappointing loss to the Knights.

"It's good to be up here and we're looking to do a few community visits and turn things around with a decent performance against the Panthers,'' said Bailey.

"We've been doing a fair bit of community stuff (on the Gold Coast) and it's not going to stop up here, we've got a big community event tomorrow with some coaching clinics and some visits. There's also an open training session later in the week for everyone to come out and have a look.

"We're expecting a good crowd to the game so hopefully we can get 10,000 people to cheer us on.''
    #itaintweaktospeak