Interchange
    14 Jason Ryles
    15 Mitch Garbutt
    16 Tohu Harris
    17 Slade Griffin
    18 Ben Hampton
    19 Siosaia Vave
    20 Junior Moors
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 27-06-13 at 09:59 AM.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Tigers teammates must lift around Benji
    By Darren Walton
    AAP
    Tue 25th June, 2:10pm

Benji Marshall admits his form this season has been below his expectations
    Chris Lawrence suspects Benji Marshall's ongoing contract negotiations are affecting the superstar playmaker but insists his Wests Tigers teammates need to deliver as well.

While pleased with his game-breaking display in the Tigers' weekend win over Canberra, Marshall on Tuesday admitted his form this NRL season had been "below par" by his lofty standards.

The former world player of the year remains confident his best form is around the corner, but Lawrence says the New Zealand Test ace needs more support.

"Obviously Benji would probably be the first one to say he probably hasn't had the best season, but everyone else in the team has got to put their hand up," Lawrence said.

"There's not one player who is playing bad that is the reason for why our side is not performing this year. There's a number of reasons.

"If we start winning games collectively, a lot of individuals will obviously be performing better, which will probably stop it (criticism of Marshall)."

Marshall is contracted to the Tigers until the end of 2015 and wants to play out his career at the club.

But the 28-year-old's manager has been unable to secure him a long-term deal.

"It probably impacts on him to some degree, but you wouldn't tell by how upbeat and positive he is," Lawrence said.

"On the weekend, he was close to our best player on the field."

First-year Tigers coach Mick Potter dropped Marshall to the bench last month, but the classy playmaker has picked up his game since, piloting the side to a 17-12 win over the Raiders last Saturday in the absence of right-hand man Robbie Farah.

After confessing to losing control of the game against Brisbane the previous week, Marshall took charge against the Raiders, slotting a late sideline conversion to draw the Tigers level and then drilling the decisive field goal.

"I'm wearing No.6, but I'm pretty much playing halfback so I'm pretty much controlling what's happening with the ball," he said.

"Without Robbie there, I have to probably put in a lot more.

"So I think on the weekend I just controlled where we needed to be in terms of field position and controlled the kicking game and helped us win."

Marshall said copping flak was part and parcel of the job.

"I can't help what people write," he said.

"I know myself what I need to do to get better and my main focus is playing well for our team.

"Obviously my form hasn't been the greatest. But when you play well, people stop talking."

The Tigers enter Saturday night's hosting of defending premiers Melbourne at Leichhardt Oval believing they need to win just about every remaining match to make the finals.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Tigers teammates must lift around Benji
    By Darren Walton
    AAP
    Tue 25th June, 2:10pm

The Tigers enter Saturday night's hosting of defending premiers Melbourne at Leichhardt Oval believing they need to win just about every remaining match to make the finals.

#itaintweaktospeak

Smith in doubt for NRL clash with Tigers

AAP
    Thu 27th June, 1:21pm

Melbourne and Queensland skipper Cameron Smith is in doubt for Saturday night's NRL clash with the Wests Tigers after cutting his eye in State of Origin game two.

The 30-year-old says he was poked in the eye just seconds before the mid-match melee that marred the Maroons' 26-6 victory at Suncorp Stadium.

Smith had the four small cuts stitched up on Thursday but the hooker's chances of playing at Leichhardt Oval this weekend remain uncertain.

"I'm not too sure yet. I've got to go see doctors in Sydney because there's always a big chance in rugby league that I can reopen the stitches again," he said.

"It's around a pretty delicate area, so I don't really want to jeopardise the rest of the year just for one match."

Smith said the injury had left him in the dark about what happened during the brawl.

"I was back on our tryline just holding my eye because I couldn't see out of it at all," he said.

"Then obviously the crowd erupted and I looked up and everyone was just into it, so I thought `Oh, here we go, I'm going to have to make my way up to the referee and see what's happened'."
    #itaintweaktospeak