Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Our defence will be very weak on the left side.
    Has been for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan1980 View Post
    So who will make way for Myles and birdy?
    If & it's a very big "If" they back up I think maybe Mini needs another stint in Q Cup , Ridge looks bigger & better than ever & James & Ioane are both playing better than Mini is atm

I am more worried if Mead doesn't play & who Carty would put in the centres, I would prefer to see Taylor there rather than Chalky
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Our defence will be very weak on the left side.
    cause of Aiden ?

Don't u worry boy, if I have confidence so should u
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    If & it's a very big "If" they back up I think maybe Mini needs another stint in Q Cup , Ridge looks bigger & better than ever & James & Ioane are both playing better than Mini is atm

I am more worried if Mead doesn't play & who Carty would put in the centres, I would prefer to see Taylor there rather than Chalky
    Totally agree, mini runs so hard but he just seems to have that drop ball. And I did like that rotation of James and Ioane against Melbourne. On the weekend I believe the way to unsettle a Wayne Bennett team, is offloads as they are so defense Orientated. If we play a little similar like we did against parra I can't see them beating us.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Agree 100%

He doesn't even have to kick well. But he would stop defenses rushing our halves.

Btw I think he is a very good kicker
    Spot on.

Would be Farah/Smith like.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Hooker must kick occaisionally because if we don't then the defence makes our 5th tackle options look predictable ... and they are predictable without the third kicking option.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Irwin on standby for Titans
    Travis Meyn | 01:30am June 27, 2013

ROOKIE Titans hooker Sam Irwin could be pitched into one of the biggest mismatches of the year against Newcastle's former Test and Origin rake Danny Buderus.

Irwin has been named on an extended bench for Sunday's clash after missing the last-round win over Melbourne. But with No.9 Matt Srama battling an ankle injury, which saw him on restricted training duties yesterday, Irwin could be called up to face off against former Blues ace Buderus.

Irwin has played six NRL games in his debut season and is battling a nagging groin problem which needs to be managed.

But with Beau Falloon (broken leg) still at least two weeks away from returning, the pint-sized dummy-half could see himself shaping up against Buderus.

Srama was hopeful of playing against the Knights after pushing through 80 minutes on Monday.

''I've been playing 40-60 minutes. It was good to get the 80 out and get away with a win,'' he said. ''My ankle collapsed on me in a tackle. One of the players hit it pretty hard.

''I've got to see how it pulls up later this week but I'm confident it should be right. I've had a few ankle injuries in the under-20s but never anything serious. Touch wood this one is the same.''

Falloon is back on his feet and completing light training and is eyeing a return to the field in round 19 against Manly at Brookvale Oval.

The Storm match was the first time Titans coach John Cartwright has opted to play only one hooker this season and Srama said he was comfortable playing a full game if that was what was needed.

''If need be I can play 80 minutes easy. It's just whatever the coach wants,'' he said.

''We've got other great hookers who are going through injuries.

''When they're back, we'll get the two hookers going.''

The Titans yesterday held their annual school holidays coaching clinic with more than 400 budding players in attendance at Pizzey Park.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Knights v Titans preview
    By Ben Blaschke
    NRL.com
    Thu 27th June, 12:00pm

Knights v Titans
    Hunter Stadium
    Sunday 2pm

Hot on the heels of their thrilling 18-12 win over Melbourne on Monday night, the Gold Coast travel to Hunter Stadium this Sunday with the lure of a top-four spot beckoning should they make it four wins from their past five starts.

It has been quite a turnaround for the Titans in 2013. Having looked somewhat tired in recent seasons, the injection of a youthful halves combination in Aidan Sezer and new arrival Albert Kelly alongside a monstrous forward pack and rejuvenated centre Jamal Idris has seen them gradually place themselves amongst the title contenders.

And while they still have a way to go to prove they can truly match it with the big guns at season?s end, they will ? at least for 24 hours ? leapfrog Manly into fourth spot on the NRL ladder should they down Newcastle.

The past month has been particularly impressive from the Titans and they will take great confidence from the manner of their performances against both the best and worst in the NRL. Following a 42-4 thrashing of Parramatta and a clinical 31-12 disposal of the Cowboys, the Gold Coast ran Souths right down to the wire in Cairns before overcoming a depleted but competitive Storm outfit earlier this week.

So what can they expect from Newcastle?

It?s no secret that the Knights are always a difficult proposition at Hunter Stadium and with their season on the line they should turn up ready to play. But they will also need to find significant improvement if they are to topple the Titans.

Having sat as high as sixth just a touch over a month ago, four losses in a row have seen Wayne Bennett?s charges drop two points out of the eight and they won?t want to lose any further ground as the competition approaches the business end.

If they are to arrest their slide, Newcastle will need to solve the issue they?ve been having with the ball in hand: those four consecutive losses has seen them score just 52 points at 13 per game including just 12 points against the Warriors and eight in a scrappy loss to St George Illawarra.

The absence of Kurt Gidley through injury hasn?t helped their cause, but with the captain not due back for another fortnight it will be up to experienced key position players Jarrod Mullen and Darius Boyd to find that missing spark.

Veteran Danny Buderus makes his long-awaited return from back surgery and will share the hooking duties with Craig Gower, while Neville Costigan and Zane Tetevano have been promoted from NSW Cup in place of Adam Cuthbertson and Korbin Sims.

Speedster David Mead returns from a broken jaw for the Gold Coast in place of the injured Brad Takairangi while Origin stars Greg Bird and Nate Myles have been named in an extended 20-man squad with their fitness to be determined closer to game time.

Titans back-rower Ashley Harrison makes his 100th appearance for the club (his 259th overall) ? becoming just the eighth player to do so.

A loss for the Knights would be just the second time since late 2007 they have lost five in a row.

Watch Out Knights: Halfback Albert Kelly has added a new dimension to the Titans? attack this season with his raw speed and ability to create something from nothing. His running game will again pose a huge threat to the Newcastle defence.

Halfback?s are usually known for their ability to create but Kelly boasts some remarkable stats in 2013 ? leading the Titans for tries scored (10) and line-breaks (8) and ranking second for tackle-breaks (48) behind only William Zillman? not to mention his seven try assists.

Watch Out Titans: When Darius Boyd plays well, the Knights play well so the Queensland State of Origin star is one man that the Titans will be looking to shut down. Boyd is a tremendous kick-returner with his ability to get the ball roiling for the ensuing set, however it is his ability to chime into the backline so effectively that is his greatest trait. Watch for him to ask questions of the Gold Coast edge defenders.

Plays To Watch: It will be interesting to see how each side defends out wide given the multiple threats both teams boast. Darius Boyd will certainly test the Titans? defensive reads, particularly on their right side where he regularly sweeps around the back. His ideal play is to draw in the opposition winger before throwing a cut-out to his own man to score untouched in the corner. Meanwhile, Titans halfback Albert Kelly loves drifting across field and putting the foot down when he spots a lazy defender. Watch for him to burn them on the right edge.

Where It Will Be Won: Which forward pack will finally learn to work together? Even for the in-form Titans, it?s been tough for coach John Cartwright to get his big man all at their best at the same time. Take Dave Taylor for example: two weeks ago he ran for 153 metres against his former club South Sydney yet last week he made just 80 metres and failed to register a single tackle-break. Newcastle, meanwhile, could do with some assistance for Kade Snowden who has been far and away their best forward in 2013.

The History: Played 10; Knights 6, Titans 4. Newcastle have won three from five between the two sides at Hunter Stadium.

Match Officials: Referees ? Shayne Hayne & Jason Robinson; Sideline Officials ? Brett Suttor & Michael Wise; Video Referee ? Ashley Klein & Luke Patten.

Televised: Fox Sports 1 ? Live 2pm.

The Way We See It: This really could go either way. As well as the Gold Coast have been playing, Newcastle is due to return to form sooner rather than later and that?s most likely to happen on home soil. The key for them will be getting their attack working early on and they can?t afford to let the visitors get the jump on them but either way we can?t see a whole lot of points separating the teams. On form, we?ll go for the Titans in a nail biter. Titans by two points.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    3. David Mead

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    cause of Aiden ?

Don't u worry boy, if I have confidence so should u
    I think Sezar's defense is fine. The problem is Gordon and Takarangi. Takarangi is a good tackler but his poor lateral movement leaves him very vulnerable to fast moving outside backs while Gordon is just not playing up to scratch.

I personally think Gordon should spend less time worrying about his lame hair cuts and more about making better reads in defence and trying to bust a tackle.

Man.... that second paragraph makes me sound OLD!!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I think Sezar's defense is fine. The problem is Gordon and Takarangi. Takarangi is a good tackler but his poor lateral movement leaves him very vulnerable to fast moving outside backs while Gordon is just not playing up to scratch.

I personally think Gordon should spend less time worrying about his lame hair cuts and more about making better reads in defence and trying to bust a tackle.

Man.... that second paragraph makes me sound OLD!!
    i to think aides defence is fine I was just having a little dig at at JS

Kevs lack of confidence in his inside man was the problem on the weekend and I couldnt really blame him for that as the opposition got on the outside of his partner a few times.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Taylor ruled out , hope Myles backs up
    #itaintweaktospeak

Good chance I can make this game, Im in Canberra at the moment.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Good chance I can make this game, Im in Canberra at the moment.
    You are , for what ever reason
    #itaintweaktospeak