Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 15: Gold Coast Titans vs Melbourne Storm

Gold Coast Titans vs Melbourne Storm
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 16-06-13 at 04:42 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

looking forward to this one.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Should be able to win this comfortably given Melbourne will be without their spine.

Nice to know we will have Harro for this game
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have today named Mark Minichiello and Mark Ioane to return to the side in the absence of State of Origin duo Nate Myles and Greg Bird for Monday night’s clash against the Storm at Skilled Park.

Experienced lock Ashley Harrison has also been named for the club after he was not selected for the Queensland side today ahead of Origin 2 on June 26.

The Titans' backline remains unchanged against the Storm but Minichiello returns to the forward pack after missing last weekend’s 30-24 loss to the South Sydney Rabbitohs in Cairns with a hamstring injury.

Ioane has been named to play his fourth NRL match for the Titans after helping feeder club Burleigh Bears to a 42-12 win over Souths Logan last weekend with an impressive performance.

Utility Luke O’Dwyer has been named 18th man on an extended five-man interchange bench after making a successful return from a broken jaw for the Tweed Heads Seagulls Bycroft Cup team last weekend.

The only other positional change will see prop Luke Douglas promoted to the starting front row in the absence of Myles.

iSelect Titans vs Storm
    Monday, June 24
    7pm – Skilled Park

1 William Zillman
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Brad Takairangi
    4 Jamal Idris
    5 Anthony Don
    6 Aidan Sezer
    7 Albert Kelly
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Luke Douglas
    11 David Taylor
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison
    Interchange
    14 Mark Ioane
    15 Ryan James
    16 Ben Ridge
    17 Sam Irwin
    18 Luke O'Dwyer

Drop O'Dwyer 'n that looks a pretty good line up. Looking forward to seeing Ioane hit the paddock again.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Drop O'Dwyer 'n that looks a pretty good line up. Looking forward to seeing Ioane hit the paddock again.
    I think he should be there ahead of a few other forwards
    #itaintweaktospeak

Not a bad looking lineup at all, will be interesting to see what Melbourne bring to the party...
    Getting dropped from Origin might spark Harro into having a blinder

I must be the only one who would prefer Ben Ridge over harro and I'd have 11.Bird 12. Taylor 13. Myles ridge off the bench then let bailey James ioane and Douglas rotate the front row.. You might not agree with that, but I'm sure you all agree we need to lessen myles work load so he has more emphasis in attack.

Strong side indeed. We are fortunate.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan1980 View Post
    I must be the only one who would prefer Ben Ridge over harro and I'd have 11.Bird 12. Taylor 13. Myles ridge off the bench then let bailey James ioane and Douglas rotate the front row.. You might not agree with that, but I'm sure you all agree we need to lessen myles work load so he has more emphasis in attack.
    That'll probably more of a concern to Mal Meninga than John Cartwright at the moment?

I think there a few fans who think ridges time has came and harro is bearing the end. Ur definitely not the only one. I would have Taylor left second row, mini the right, and bird at lock. Ridge James ioane and bailey rotating through or a hooker for James or whoever is injured.

But strong side this week. Pretty happy. Going to the game on Monday reasonably confident.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Strong side indeed. We are fortunate.
    Fortunate indeed...playing the Storm at home without their Origin stars should make us favorites.
    They still come up here with a strong side and the experience of Finch will bring them into contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Fortunate indeed...playing the Storm at home without their Origin stars should make us favorites.
    They still come up here with a strong side and the experience of Finch will bring them into contention.
    Cue me carrying on like we slayed the full team. (If we win)

You might not agree with that, but I'm sure you all agree we need to lessen myles work load so he has more emphasis in attack.
    Absolutely agree