Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I agree hammer. Plenty of tough stuff in life but usually it comes down to how it is handled. And most often it is handled poorly and sloppy.

Epic fail for Parra and Stuart.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Hayne in my opinion has a valid point about how this was done...regardless of the eventual outcome it could have been done with a little respect and dignity. I don't question Stuart's passion for the game and his team but seriously...I question how he goes about things to ultimately achieve the same goal...shaming and embarrassing players shows how disrespectful Stuart is!
    How would you guys handle such a change like this?

Like Stuart said before the game tonight...now the guys know where they stand and have time to show other clubs what they can do and try and win a new contract.

Luckily our club doesnt have a dozen **** players.

I guess Parra have been down in the dumps since 2009 so maybe it is welcome. But if it doesnt pan out, Ricky will get sacked from another club.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

wrong thread, delete

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Hayne in my opinion has a valid point about how this was done...regardless of the eventual outcome it could have been done with a little respect and dignity. I don't question Stuart's passion for the game and his team but seriously...I question how he goes about things to ultimately achieve the same goal...shaming and embarrassing players shows how disrespectful Stuart is!
    As bad as it sounds about how it was handled (if it did go down like that). You've to factor in social media these days. For instance, it would be quite a challenge to deal with each player on a 'one on one' basis. Because once the first bloke was told the news. He could walk away at the end of the conversation and pull out his mobile phone get on twitter, facebook etc.. and tell the world. And if you think about it, news could be spread to most of them by the time they've gotten to 3rd or 4th bloke. So with that said, what would be the better option to handle mass sackings in this day 'n age?

By the way. I'm not sticking up for Ricky or the Eels establishment. Just highlighting one of modern day elements that might be worth considering in this situation..