Thread: SUV ADVICE.

Default SUV ADVICE.

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone here has the following SUV's and could offer up any recommendations? Ford Territory, Toyota Kluger and Holden Captiva. All 7 seats. Or any other suggestions would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Hi all. Just wondering if anyone here has the following SUV's and could offer up any recommendations? Ford Territory, Toyota Kluger and Holden Captiva. All 7 seats. Or any other suggestions would be great.
    I am in my 2nd Territory (past 8 years) current is a Turbo, never had a problem ever but I do work in the motor industry & have heard about problems from others , if u are buying used tread carefully & pay to have the right checks done especially on the gearbox they can be a problem on cars with high K's.
    The current diesel model gets awesome mileage, have 2 friends that own them.

Captiva , stay away, a problem child in many ways & extremely under powered.

Kluger stay away from high K's but being a Toyota they are pretty good but are no Prado.

Good luck
    #itaintweaktospeak

Thanks TP. Have been told by a few people similar things about the Captiva and the Kluger. However some say the Territory is pretty bad on fuel. Is that true at all? Do you have the seven seater at all?

Thanks TP. Have been told by a few people similar things about the Captiva and the Kluger. However some say the Territory is pretty bad on fuel. Is that true at all? Do you have the seven seater at all?
    I do have a 7 seater , it's basically a Falcon when it comes to fuel usage , around 450-500 around town 600-700 on a trip, the diesel will get up to a 1000 on a trip
    #itaintweaktospeak

Hey Pete....Being doing some reasearch and some people say that the territory Does the Front Bushes every year or two . Is that True...
    I am going to buy a Used Territory in the next 3 or so months what would be the MAX k's that you would recommend at all ?? We are going to get the Seven Seater as well.

What sort of job do you have in the Auto Industry ??

Hey Pete....Being doing some reasearch and some people say that the territory Does the Front Bushes every year or two . Is that True...
    I am going to buy a Used Territory in the next 3 or so months what would be the MAX k's that you would recommend at all ?? We are going to get the Seven Seater as well.

What sort of job do you have in the Auto Industry ??
    I would stay around or under 80k mark.

I had my 1st Territory for 3 years, about 80k's when i sold it to a Mate, 2 years later had to get the gearbox mount replaced, caused by his wife not slowing down on speed humps apart from that no drama's.
    In January i would have had my Turbo for 4 years only done 60k but haven't had any drama's.

The auto gearbox needs to be serviced & thats probably the no1 priority with the Territory.

If u are buying used & private i would pay for someone like RACQ/NRMA to do a full inspection of the car, costs around $400 but may save thousands in the long run.

Started in spare parts now have a Panel shop & plastic repair business.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Hey Pete. Just bought a 2011 Ts Model with 29k on the clock and love it. Looks like I'm ging to keep buying these cars. More importantly my wife loves it al well.