Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    His main problem is that he cant do multiple tackles one and after another, opposition burns him out easy.
    Rotate the big guys...not the little guys

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I would give James a broken bottle to run on with, if i had my way.

BTW you can not bench Douglas and break a record that he will break this year.
    Could you imagine the uproar if the worlds greatest coach dropped him lol

Banned

Anyone else think Dave Taylor will be fired up to take on his old mob? I reckon he'll put in a big one because he wants a spot on the origin team.

Giant Souths pack a worry for NRL's Titans
    By Ed Jackson
    AAP
    Thu 13th June, 1:56pm

Titans forward Ashley Harrison is in serious doubt to play against the Eels
    It might not take Greg Bird in high heels as Nate Myles suggested, but Gold Coast know they need something special to bring down South Sydney's imposing forward pack this weekend.

An unusual choice of footwear for his NRL club co-captain was Myles's tongue-in-cheek suggestion when he was asked how the Titans could match the Rabbitohs' height up front in Sunday's NRL clash in Cairns.

But jokes aside, Myles is only too aware of the challenge facing the Titans in his hometown against the ladder-leading Bunnies.

"They're a fantastic side, not only are they big but they're very mobile," Myles said on Thursday.

"We're going to have our work cut out for us."

What the Titans lack in size they'll make up with experience against Souths with Myles, Bird and fellow State of Origin representative Ashley Harrison coming back to bolster their pack for Sunday's match.

Their return means Dave Taylor must start from the bench against his former club.

But the giant back-rower's form in his last outing against North Queensland is sure to have him playing a key role in nullifying the impact of his ex-teammates.

Harrison, who says bone bruising in his knee isn't causing him enough discomfort to affect his form, was relishing the chance to take on a top-level team ahead of the second Origin clash in Brisbane on June 26.

"It's going to be a real tight, hard game. Pretty similar to Origin I'd suspect," he said.

Harrison is also a former South Sydney player and he says coach Michael Maguire has brought consistency to a team which has always possessed talent.

"All the indications are they've been dominating most forward packs this year so it's going to be a really good test for us," he said.

The Titans head to Cairns on Friday and will monitor the fitness of veteran Luke Bailey, who missed training on Thursday with a hip complaint.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Get Bailey a Zimmer frame, we need him out there

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

On my way to the airport...yee hah!

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Have fun mate
    #itaintweaktospeak

Good luck Shamus! Great to know we have a few headed up. Get some pics for us and the good word.

Hope you guys can share a beer or two.

Im fired up!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Got the hire car but had to go back to reception to ask how to start the mother🚗. Bloody keyless and I had no idea. P.S. it is 30% up here according to the car.

Junior

Got the hire car but had to go back to reception to ask how to start the mother��. Bloody keyless and I had no idea. P.S. it is 30% up here according to the car.
    No wonder you couldn't start the car if it shows the temperature as a percentage...sounds like a lemon.

you there shamus? im packing my kit now and am catching the late flight from Brissy, as the missus has been in melbourne this week.

Getting pretty excited and am going to wear my titans gear around town all weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by ByronTitan View Post
    No wonder you couldn't start the car if it shows the temperature as a percentage...sounds like a lemon.
    Used my phone which I don't normally do so struggled a bit to type what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    you there shamus? im packing my kit now and am catching the late flight from Brissy, as the missus has been in melbourne this week.

Getting pretty excited and am going to wear my titans gear around town all weekend!
    Wore my Titans polo up here and am now at the motel wearing a Titans singlet as it really is close to 30 degrees (is that better BT?)

Might go and have a game of golf...ho hum. Wouldn't be dead for quids!

Wouldn't be dead for quids!

i believe that was Justin Langers favourite saying as he walked out to open the batting for Test matches.

And i am going to keep that mindset for this weekend. a nice tropical 30 degrees by the pool, titans games, plus whatever comes along.

havent been this relaxed and looking forward to a weekend in a very long time

Wouldn't be dead for quids!

i believe that was Justin Langers favourite saying as he walked out to open the batting for Test matches.

And i am going to keep that mindset for this weekend. a nice tropical 30 degrees by the pool, titans games, plus whatever comes along.

havent been this relaxed and looking forward to a weekend in a very long time
    Good on ya man, soak it up!

So jealous of you lot going to the game, Cairns looks nice as.

Have a great weekend boys.