Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByronTitan View Post
    Ryan James for mine.
    Ryan James for me too. In fact he is lucky to be on the bench in the first place.

I'm a big fan of filling the bench with props so I'd have James and Douglas.
    Taylor picks himself and I think Ridge has established himself as an important player in the side.

I also think Strama is an 80 minute player and rather use the bench spot and the 2 interchanges (needed for a hooker rotation} to dominate in the forwards.

Going with the 2 hooker rotation will sacrifice either a prop or Ridge.
    Irwin doesn't need to go up against Luke at this stage of his career.

Chaos is right ... this is the game for matching size with size and James needs to really work out that he is an emerging football player and not a star yet ... he is way off being a Fifita, Woods or Papali. He doesn't need to prove himself against the Burgess brothers, he just needs to do the job he's paid to do.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Chaos is right ... this is the game for matching size with size and James needs to really work out that he is an emerging football player and not a star yet ... he is way off being a Fifita, Woods or Papali. He doesn't need to prove himself against the Burgess brothers, he just needs to do the job he's paid to do.
    I agree titanic, i think he thinks he is a star already , believes his own hype maybe? Seems a Gen Y thing these days.
    You have to prove your are a solid performer every game and put in everygame, just do your Job you are asked to do on the field and the rest will follow.

I Agree with Chaos aswell , we need a big bench for this game and try and match it with them.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Ahh well, If Ryan does make the team this week. Don't be too surprised if he slows the game up 'n enjoys the limelight whenever he has the pill..

This might be a good week for a short back 'n sides haircut, and give up on the Glam Rock hairstyle, and realise what his job is on the paddock. Harsh comment I know, but I'm quietly confident he wouldn't suffer the same fate as Samson, if he dropped his locks..
    Last edited by Toads; 12-06-13 at 05:57 AM.

Junior

"this is the game for matching size with size"

Possibly Titanic, but isn't there also a case for not trying to beat them at their own game (very difficult) but to beat them in speed from the ruck. With Srama and Irwin rotating and tiring out their big boppers.

I know why there is a chorus forming for the exclusion of James, but I can't quite believe it. He has been tremendous in most games for us, but has got carried away from time-to-time. Luke Douglas is the man to miss for mine if Ridge is included. He is really just more of the same, while James is a presence and will ruffle the Burgess boys feathers.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Don't change what ain't Broke
    #itaintweaktospeak

I know it all sounds negative to what I've posted about Ryan in this thread. But believe it or not, I do think he's a real asset to us.

It's just lately, it appears he's lost his way a little, and is still a bit ill-disciplined. If he can turn that around and get his form back on track. I'd highly doubt you'd find anyone having a go at him. I for one admire the mongrel in him, it's just that he needs to put it to good use to improve his current form, and get on with the game.

EDIT: I guess me using the word 'form' isn't quite correct. Because I'd imagine his stats on average have been pretty good of late. I mean to say, he seems to be easily distracted from the task at hand, when he's not happy about something. If he continues down that path, the opposition will learn to play on that 'n rattle him, and probably end up giving away more penalties for it. He's got one of the best mentors on the paddock with him. If he could learn/emulate what Bails does, he'd ****in' nail it.
    Last edited by Toads; 12-06-13 at 10:17 AM.

Size for size isn't about playing their game ... our forward back is mobile but so much bulk so a grassing tackler like Irwin is not going to hold the behemoths of Souths so we should select what we can to hold those forwards and let Kelly and the backs do what they do best. Is Idris on Inglis?

u20s game will be televised this weekend too.

Matty Russell named at left centre in his return from injury.

I do rate James, and we do need a bit of mongrel, I'm just saying he needs to keep it in check. Trying to milk penalties that aren't there, and giving away silly penalties around the ruck don't help his cause either.

His main problem is that he cant do multiple tackles one and after another, opposition burns him out easy.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I would give James a broken bottle to run on with, if i had my way.

BTW you can not bench Douglas and break a record that he will break this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I would go further and start with this pack:

Bailey/Srama/Douglas
    Taylor/Myles
    Bird