Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Match facts: Cowboys v Titans
    Cowboys

? The Cowboys come into their round 12 encounter in 12th position on the NRL ladder with four wins so far this year, while the Titans are sixth with six victories on their record.

? The Titans won both meetings between the two Queensland clubs last year to take the lead in the head-to-head record, six wins to five.

? North Queensland are without four State of Origin representatives ? Johnathan Thurston, James Tamou, Matthew Scott and Brent Tate - this weekend, while the Titans are minus three ? Greg Bird, Nate Myles and Ashley Harrison.

? This is the Cowboys? eighth away match in the opening 12 rounds of the season. They have a 2-5 win-loss record in their travels so far in 2013. Gold Coast have won four of their six home matches and have only had five away games in the first 12 weeks.

? Despite being six places below the Titans on the ladder, the Cowboys have conceded almost the same amount of points ? 194 compared to the Coast?s 195. However the Titans scored 223 points to NQ?s 180.

? The Cowboys have battled in second halves this season, scoring only 11 tries after half time, the lowest figure in the NRL.

? The Titans average more points against the Cowboys at home than any other opponent (27.8 points per game).

? This is North Queensland?s first Sunday afternoon game since round 26 last year when they downed Cronulla 36-22 at Shark Park.

? Antonio Winterstein is now North Queensland?s leading try-scorer this season with seven, one more than Ash Graham.

? The Titans? goalkicker, Aiden Sezer, has only missed three of his 34 attempts at goal this season. His 91% success rate is the best among all regular kickers in the competition.

? Titans duo Jamal Idris and Dave Taylor sit inside the top seven for most offloads so far this year.

http://www.cowboys.com.au/news-displ...v-Titans/75987
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Bailey big fan of Ioane
    Travis Meyn | 01:01am May 31, 2013

TITANS pack leader Luke Bailey has given emerging prop Mark Ioane a glowing endorsement as the duo prepare to ink contract extensions with the Gold Coast.

Veteran front-rower Bailey will put pen to paper with the Titans today to extend his career by at least another year and Ioane, 22, is expected to do the same next week.

The one-year boost for Ioane comes as Bailey compared the former Junior Kiwi to Queensland and Test wrecking ball Sam Thaiday.

''I'm a big fan of Mark's. I've watched him play for a while now and he's just bided his time,'' Bailey said.

''He's solid but he's got footwork like Thaiday. He's got that good in-and-away line that a lot of forwards don't have.

''He doesn't look out of place. He looks like he's been doing it for a while.''

Ioane linked with the Titans this year after a two-year stint in Canberra where he failed to crack first grade.

The stocky prop made his NRL debut in Auckland this month and played his second game against Parramatta last Sunday.

He will feature for the Titans throughout the State of Origin period while Nate Myles, Ash Harrison and Greg Bird are away and Bailey said the Warriors product deserved his spot.

''The best thing about him is he's a humble dude and doesn't get overawed. He just does his job,'' he said.

''I love it when humble kids come through these days because there's not too many of them.

''They're all pretty much that Gen X-Y way where they think they deserve to be there but he's quite humble and worked his butt off.''

Bailey, who will become the second-most capped Titan with his 124th match for the club on Sunday, has started 2013 in fantastic form despite suffering a career-threatening achilles injury late last year.

The 242-game stalwart said he would meet executive director Michael Searle today to finalise his 2014 contract and it is understood the club has not ruled out the 33-year-old playing into 2015 if his body permits.

''I'm meeting with Searley (today) and I think it's done then,'' Bailey said.

''As far as I'm concerned it's done but I might have a crap game this weekend and who knows.

''I'm over the moon with how it's (achilles) responded. At my age it could have hung around a bit but I've had a tendency to get over injuries quite quickly.''

Dave Taylor missed yesterday's field session with a calf strain and will have to pass a fitness test tomorrow to face the Cowboys at Skilled Park on Sunday.

Burleigh Bears second-rower Shane Gray trained in Taylor's place and is on standby to make his NRL debut.
    Why is Michael Searle handling contract negotiations? Isn't this the job of the CEO, like the way every other NRL club does it. I smell a rat. This wreaks of Searle still having his finger too much in the pie. This article makes we wonder, have things really changed....
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 31-05-13 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Why is Michael Searle handling contract negotiations? Isn't this the job of the CEO, like the way every other NRL club does it. I smell a rat. This wreaks of Searle still having his finger too much in the pie. This article makes we wonder, have things really changed....
    WTF yea that does stick out. When are we getting a board?! This can't be delayed.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

No not at all Searle is in the Same situation as Parr in North qld. They run the football department which would be recruitment. This paranoia over Searle is over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    No not at all Searle is in the Same situation as Parr in North qld. They run the football department which would be recruitment. This paranoia over Searle is over the top.
    Ah no it's not. There are many people on the Coast that will still have nothing to do with the Titans while Searle is there. Ask many tradies that still are awaiting payment for the CofE building. Most of these people are League people and they have mates.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

The $50 Family Fun Pass to this Sunday?s Queensland derby against the Cowboys at Skilled Park has been extended to before gates open on Sunday for all online pre-purchases!

This special offer for families includes Steel category tickets for 2 adults and 2 children for just $50 ? that?s a saving of $34!

It?s going to be a great day out for the whole family with loads of fantastic entertainment for the littlies with a petting zoo, rock climbing wall, Titans inflatable, jumping castle, face painters, great giveaways, mascots and even the chance to meet the Despicable Me 2 characters!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE YOUR FAMILY FUN PASS NOW!

Remember ? it?s cheaper to buy your tickets in advance than at the gate. For all other Titans v Cowboys game day ticket options please click here.

* Steel category tickets. Offer available for online pre-purchases only. Offer not available at Skilled Park gate on game day.
    I have heard a few adverts on radio in the last few days for this game as well as seen todays advert in the Bulletin and neither mention the $50 family ticket.
    Is this a ticket that is there but we don't really want people to buy it. I think charging $57 for Titanium ticket to this game with all the players missing is obscene. Even though I pay $1100 for my family Titanium membership and happy to do so, I think single tickets to our games are way over the top. Yes I know we have been down this track before.

Short odds on the Titans for this game. Not sure how this compares to when we played the Raiders here, but seems pretty slim considering players out on each side.

I want to echo your thoughts, the CEO should be announcing and handling these, and agree Tamwelg I wonder how much input is Searle having on decisions made at the titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    WTF yea that does stick out. When are we getting a board?! This can't be delayed.
    Wonder why the delay, maybe someone still wanting control of the club

So Shane gray is he good don't know much about him

@travismeyn: Luke O'Dwyer (jaw) OUT for the Titans. Ben Ridge set to make an early return from a pec tear. Dave Taylor IN. Shane Gray 18th man. #nrl

I hope Ridgey is ready. Thanks for posting Tam! This was news to me.

I have to agree strongly with Tamwelg. I have seen too many articles lately with Searles name in them. Ie the article above and the article where Searle and Carty weren't happy with David May. If Searle has some resurrection of the Phoenix thoughts or plans we should start planning the wake for the Titans. Why is Searle back in the media? Has David May been muzzled by Carty/Searle? Why hasn't the Board been installed as promised?

I think Shane Gray is the behemoth that was in the train on squad photos dwarfing all our other players. Can someone confirm? I haven't seen him play but would love someone to give a run down.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

There should be no paranoia over Searle ... it is well documented that he is the majority share holder and football manager ... anyone who thinks he has somehow been made redundant or is on a tight leash is deluded ... these are the facts of our club ... should he have control of the club is a totally different question. The $6,000,000 questions are what is his relationship with our CEO and do we have a functioning board as has been bandied around for nearly a year now?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.