Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Another good win. We have turned a corner - no doubt. Souths are working up to a loss, playing some pretty bad footy and still winning and we get the Storm without their spine. We should take some really good momentum out of the bye.

Someone said Zillman's best ever game. It would be close but if his effort against the Warriors in a home semi was his best for mine. This Cowboys game is the benchmark that he needs to meet every week from here on out.
    i think it's way too early to say we have turned a corner.

I agree with titanic that the structure looks slot better with a few of the ball stranglers sitting out.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ByronTitan View Post
    I was hoping somebody else would have brought this up as I don't want to rain on the parade but where was the crowd?
    You already said it....."It rained on our parade"...Weather looked horrible heading into early arvo, I was required to pull the poncho out twice but all in all I stayed pretty dry. But I guess others thought differently and preferred the option to definately stay dry..

Crowd was supposedly 12K so better than some other Sunday arvos.

I was going to be there but daughter had a car accident just before i was leaving, good win by the boys just watched it then. Good to see them all play for each other. DT had a great game as did Zilly. Mark Ioane is very promising, runs hard and is hard to take down, Ryan James gives to many penaltys, he does realize that you CANNOT put your hand on the ball in the tackle doesn't he, has any one told him?

Over all great win and i feel more confident in taking on the bunnies in a fortnight.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    i think it's way too early to say we have turned a corner.

I agree with titanic that the structure looks slot better with a few of the ball stranglers sitting out.
    We have won the past two games by a combined total of 55 points. In the past we would have won those two games by a maximum combined margin of about 18. That's why I say we have turned a corner, we are beating teams comfortably this past fortnight. We should have done that to the Dragons and the Warriors as well.

Agree about the 'ball stranglers' - good term. We need Alby and Sezar to mature to the point where they can demand the ball and let those guys know what they think when they get in the way.

The other great aspect of the game was watching it WITHOUT O'Dwyer and Michaels there to stink the game up. I've gotta say though Kevvie Gordon is still not looking good at all. He is slow, can't break tackles and is caught out in defence too often. I hope Carty chooses the team on merits when Mead returns because Don looks the better player.

It's a funny game rugby league. You play to the percentages and get whacked; you chance your arm, make a few mistakes and you win by a lot (even with penalties against you and the minority of possession) ... hence all the crying about the lack of expansive play over the last how many years.

For all those old timers on here, I remember as a kid teams playing in the NSWRL, circa 1965, playing something then called "contract football" ... a style where every player made a "contract" with their team mates to back them up either in attack or in defence. Anybody proven to be not participating was dropped ... rugby league is a funny game.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    For all those old timers on here, I remember as a kid teams playing in the NSWRL, circa 1965,was dropped ....
    NSWRL....are you saying you were born a blue Titanic??

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Few of the lads jumped up the NRL stats ladders after yesterdays game.

Alby is 4th equal for tries, 3rd for try assists, 5th for tackles, 5th for lb assists
    Don't think I ever saw Prince in the stats for tackles made...

The really good thing in the last two weeks is the team seems to be playing attacking footy. Rather than just hit it up and try to wear them down they are attacking the opposition and forcing defenders to make decisions and the results are there for all to see. If they play like that against Melbourne and South's they will have a very good chance at winning the game. Loved watching the last two games and I haven't said that for a while.

Currently:

Aidan Sezer is 2nd for points scored with 74 (Behind A. Reynolds)
    Alby is 4th equal for tries, 3rd for try assists, 5th for tackles, 5th for lb assists
    Jamal is 5th for try assists, 1st for lb assists, 5th or hitups
    Zillman is 1st for line breaks with 13
    Those stats don't include the side on a bye round, only the sides that played this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    Don't think I ever saw Prince in the stats for tackles made...
    He was prolific in the missed column though

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Those stats don't include the side on a bye round, only the sides that played this week.

Junior

Currently:

Aidan Sezer is 2nd for points scored with 74 (Behind A. Reynolds)
    Jamal is 5th for try assists, 1st for lb assists, 5th or hitups
    Zillman is 1st for line breaks with 13
    Just had a look at that, it only mentions players in this week, Maloney is top point scorer.. I have been watching closely as i backed Sezer to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Just had a look at that, it only mentions players in this week, Maloney is top point scorer.. I have been watching closely as i backed Sezer to get it.

Anyone else want to rain on my parade?

Hail, those stats are BS mate, sort it out. cant be posting inaccurate stuff here all willy nilly.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Hail, those stats are BS mate, sort it out. cant be posting inaccurate stuff here all willy nilly.
    You'd better check yourself before you wreck yourself DB