Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Yep but all considered after the multi-try hold-ups one we were going to crack eventually. Better it was at the end. Good game leading into a bye.

Several things though ... Taylor has to start and play the left edge ... the sooner Mead is back on that right wing the better ... Takairangi is our left centre solution and I trust he's back shortly ... Gray didn't have much of a chance but stuck with Kelly for 60 meters and didn't look out of place ... Ioane looks a little light-on but held his own ... ZIllman looked a lot better without the 5 hit-up structure as did everybody in the whole goddamn team ... when Falloon comes back we'll have some real selection headaches but good ones ... perhaps James would benefit from a stint back in QCup to realise that there is a level of professionalism required to play in the NRL.
    Last edited by Titanic; 02-06-13 at 05:22 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Zillman was awful. Worst player on the field. Worst fullback in the comp!

would be the worst person to have in your dream team -....... 50 , 3 ,5 , 60 , 15, 40, 11 , 69 worst consistency

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    .... as for Kelly - Get the contract signed NOW!!!
    What he said. Should be number one priority for the club. This kid could be even better than Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Anybody think that Bird should play in the middle and Taylor on the left edge?
    Teke and I discussed that exact option today at golf. Mini on the right would work for me, but i guess we are grooming Ridge for a back row spot.

i still think bird is the best lock we have

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Time for DB's post match summary.

All in all, no point bagging anyone too much today effort across the park.

what was significant is that without our best defenders - Bird, Harrison and Myles, the players all took responsibilty for defense and stayed hungry and focused for the entire match. We held them up and kept them out numerous times.

Taylor was immense. number 12 jersey in a XXL please.

Mini isnt perfect, but he puts in and makes some things happen, with offloads and breaks. deserves to be in our 17 all year imo.

Bailey was incredible today. i didnt realise he did 49 tackles till i got home, but it was the quality of his tackles. He had really great first impact on the ball carrier, often around their hip, stopping there momentum. its such a small difference, and not often picked up, but gee it made a impact.

Alby is a freak. The sooner we sort his contract the better cos at this rate its getting more and more expensive for us to wait. he is driving his price through the roof. i would go to the football on a freezing rainy day to watch this kid play footy.

Sezers general kicking was much improved, especially early he found alot of grass and some deep kicks. his Goal Kicking is amazing. 4 = 6 for us 95% of the time.

Idris was quieter than he has been lately, but not too much to worry about. he has alot of runs on the board and doesnt have to do it all him self each week.

Taka is going real well and has the creativity we have lacked in centres for a long time. not too quick though.

Gordon is playing really well of late, and looks to be getting into a good routine.

Zillman...William... TP... oh how ive wronged you. to be fair, hes played like a busted for 3 years for the most part, but today he showed some serious talent...and it came from him using his biggest strength - his running game. Using him on the short side sweeping around as a extra man is great he can use his good footwork and if they commit to him he can draw pass to idris...such a simple effective play that we can go to again and again. He was good elsewhere too and his timing of runs is now at a level that he can cause damage. exciting times.

He was a match winner today and ive always suspected he is a confidence player. If so, then he has a lot to be confident about and we might see a purple patch from TP over the back half of the season.

We now are in 5th spot with a healthy F/A and have a bye and 2 more points.We will be sat on 16 points at the halfway point of the season which is what we achieved for the entire of 2011. The broncos game might have been the catalyst we needed, and our approach to football has seemingly changed for the better. Bring second half of the season on, and enjoy the bye.

Good win today, thought everyone put there hand up and tried hard, alby DT and zillman all good, mini has finally got superglue on his hands. Didn't seem to be any panic and the reserves came on and done there job.
    Great win heading into a bye and cements the titans in the 8

Great game from almost the entire team , easily Zillmans career best match but I know Kelly was brilliant,DT unstoppable & Mini looked like he should be play SOO this week but I think Bailey was Sensational & was Definatly the Captain on the field, 49 Tackles & 14 Hit ups
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Great game from almost the entire team , easily Zillmans career best match but I know Kelly was brilliant,DT unstoppable & Mini looked like he should be play SOO this week but I think Bailey was Sensational & was Definatly the Captain on the field, 49 Tackles & 14 Hit ups
    Yep Bull was definitely the captain, he led from the front, just like to mention on his defence today absolutely top notch

I think we were robbed of 3 certain tries & the Cows shouldn't have scored a point...

We had only 43% of the ball
    The penalty count against us was 15-8

The thing that seems to stand out quite a bit with the team in the past 2 weeks is our attack has changed dramatically , perhaps the Mat Rogers coaching factor is the big difference or do we thank the Donkeys for giving us a flogging a few weeks back

I'm going with Rogers
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

Just got home with some happy little vegemites a in the back seat. Move over Justin Beiber my 9 year old daughter has dicovered Albert Kelly. So glad that DT kept fit. Mini's rising to the occasion. For me, Mini sort of represented everything that was bad about the team, now I'm delighted to say he's representing all the good. The Captain was great today as we're all our backs. Bailey is just a rock. Go Titans.

As long as it doesn't offend Alby. I reckon his nickname should be 'Magic Man', just by the way he magically creates line breaks 'n tries from nothing..

Overall, pretty impressed by the Lads efforts today. They seem to be playing with more confidence and their game has improved for it.

I don't want to put a wet blanket on today but now we have bye then Number 1 then Number 2 (souths,Melbourne).Falling may be easy but climbing could be the making.

Our attacking structure has changed dramatically. At one stage Alby was running the ball with two decoy runners running off of him in a short amount of space. That will give Alby much more options to draw the opposition defenders in and also create some space outwide for Taka or Jamal.

The team seem to be full of confidence from the game last week. Momentum is the key from here on in. Zillman is playing well which is a real bonus for us. Sezer i'm getting a tiny bit worried about. He is becoming like Prince. Needs to get involved more and have more variety in his game because at the moment he is too stale. It seems like Albert is doing everything and Sezer is only in the team to kick bombs and to take the conversions.

Sezer can be as dangerous as Alby and when both halves a firing wildly then we will have a dangerous halves pairing, dangerous enough to potentially win the comp.
    Last edited by Julius Sezer; 02-06-13 at 07:48 PM.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year