First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Default Channel 9 disgrace- Footy Show poked fun at our baby girl - couple demands apology

CHANNEL 9 have refused to apologise to the parents of a baby girl who was branded "ugly" by panellists on The Footy Show and likened to rugby league great Peter Sterling.
    Michael and Melanie Richmond, from Avalon on Sydney's northern beaches, said they were "still in shock and dumbfounded" after a Facebook image of their firstborn daughter Bella was broadcast on Thursday's episode of The Footy Show without their permission.

Mr Richmond said the image of his daughter, taken last year, was posted on his wife's Facebook account.

"I understand how Facebook works and that when you share photos they become public and there's nothing you can do," he said.

"The fact is that somewhere, somehow, a producer has gotten a photo of my daughter and made the decision to put it on television. I know it's supposed to be tongue in cheek but she's just a baby. It's not cool."

A fan of the show in the past, Mr Richmond said he and his wife would be switching off from now on.

A Channel 9 spokeswoman said the network would not be making any comment or apologising to the family when approached again today.
    The picture of Bella was taken on Mother's Day last year when she was six months old and posted on Mrs Richmond's Facebook account.
    One of the panellists on the Footy Show allegedly stated that Bella was an "ugly" baby and compared her to former league great and Nine commentator Peter Sterling.
    The Footy Show

This screen shot from The Footy Show was inally sent to the Richmonds by Michael's sister after having seen it on the show. Picture: Attila Szilvasi Source: The Sunday Telegraph
    "I don't watch the show. My sister-in-law phoned us and said 'you know your daughter's on the TV' and she paused it and took a photo and sent it to us," Mrs Richmond said.
    When the couple contacted The Footy Show they were told the image had been provided to them by "a friend from Newport".
    "However, how they got it doesn't matter, we weren't asked," Mr Richmond said.
    Since the segment, a photo of joy has turned to one of sadness for the couple.
    "My husband took it on my first Mother's Day last year on Palm Beach," Mrs Richmond said. "I put the photo on Facebook that day so proud of my first Mother's Day.
    "Somebody has taken a copy off our Facebook page and cropped Bella because you can see my hair in the background.
    "You can't take photos of kids playing sport or at childcare so how does my baby end up on TV without me knowing, and in a demeaning manner too?"
    Richmond

The original photo that was used on the show. Picture: Attila Szilvasi Source: The Sunday Telegraph
    Mr Richmond said Footy Show host Michael Slater lived just 20 houses from them, and he wondered how he would like it if his baby ended up "splashed across thousands of TV screens without his consent".
    While the couple said lawyers had come to them seeking to represent them against the show, they "only want an explanation and an apology".
    "My daughter is a bundle of joy. I would love an apology from the person who did it, from the Footy Show and from Channel 9," Mrs Richmond said.
    Mrs Richmond said she hoped their experience was a warning to others to be careful about posting on Facebook.The Footy Show did not return calls seeking comment.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...#ixzz2Tj4dXg8K

Im over channel 9, why couldnt the rugby league do the same thing as the cricket and change to a different network. The footy show on channel 9 is neither funny or entertaining.
    This story is pathetic and the footy show should apoligize....
    Also, Delaying games because two bloody comanators cant make it to a game in time...
    Pathetic channel 9 Pathetic. Time for a change

i feel sorry for the family
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

People still watch the crappy show,it has nothign to do about footy just the guys being ********s
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Really harsh and mean spirited. Especially considering it's a baby.

I wonder which low life submitted it. I'm sure they will be found out.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Parents to seek legal action after apology refusal from Channel 9 over The Footy Show 'ugly baby' joke

THE parents of a baby labelled "ugly" and ridiculed on national television will today seek legal action after Channel 9 refused to apologise.

Michael and Melanie Richmond, from Avalon on Sydney's northern beaches, said they were "still in shock and dumbfounded" after a Facebook image of their firstborn daughter Bella was broadcast on Thursday's episode of The Footy Show without permission.

One of the panellists labelled the photograph of 18-month-old Bella "ugly" before commenting she looked like rugby league great and Channel 9 commentator Peter Sterling.

Mr Richmond said he and his wife would be consulting with lawyers today.

HAVE YOUR SAY: Comment below

"We are going to seek legal advice because they (Channel 9) still haven't gotten back to us," he said yesterday.

"We were going to let it go but we can't. Someone has put our baby on TV. We want to get some feedback on what our legal options are now."

Channel 9 refuses to apologise over The Footy Show joke

Mr Richmond said the image of his daughter, taken last year, was posted on his wife's Facebook account.

"I understand how Facebook works and that when you share photos they become public and there's nothing you can do," he said.

"The fact is that somewhere, somehow, a producer has gotten a photo of my daughter and made the decision to put it on television. I know it's supposed to be tongue in cheek but she's just a baby. It's not cool."

THE FOOTY SHOW

This screen shot from The Footy Show was inally sent to the Richmonds by Michael's sister after having seen it on the show. Picture: Attila Szilvasi Source: The Sunday Telegraph
    A fan of the show in the past, Mr Richmond said he and his wife would be switching off.

A Channel 9 spokeswoman said the network would not be making any comment when approached again yesterday.

The Sunday Telegraph story sparked a heated debate on The Daily Telegraph's website yesterday, with many backing the Richmond family and branding the panellists "meatheads".

dailytelegraph.com.au

take channel 9 for all there money so i dont have to hear there **** nrl show again

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    People still watch the crappy show,it has nothign to do about footy just the guys being ********s
    I tried to sit through it a couple of weeks back, for the first time in years. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it for the very reason you mentioned.

If this law suit eventuates. It might just be the wake up call the producers/panel need.