Default Tradgey Strikes Luke Douglas and Family

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au./sp...-1226641612496
    THE Titans will give devastated prop Luke Douglas as much time away from the field as he needs following the death of his mother yesterday.

Trish Douglas passed away in Maclean District Hospital in Yamba early yesterday morning after a six-month battle with cancer.

It was a day after Mother's Day, when the Titans prop played a starring role in a one-point win over the Dragons.

Douglas has played a remarkable 179 consecutive NRL games since debuting for Cronulla in 2006 and has told the Titans he wants to play on Friday night against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

Titans football manager Scott Clark said the club would not pressure Douglas to play while he deals with the tragedy in his home town.

"Everyone at the club is devastated for Luke. He loved his mum dearly," he said. "He's shown great professionalism during such a trying time."
    Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Douglas has spent most weekends and days off this year in Sydney by Trish's side.

The former Shark's form hasn't been affected on the field, as he kept veteran prop Luke Bailey out of the starting side until this weekend.

Privately, Douglas was hurting, talking about the moment his father, Chris, told the family Trish was facing a battle to beat a malignant melanoma in her leg.

Douglas's younger brother Kane plays Super Rugby for the NSW Waratahs.

Kane Douglas was on a Wallabies tour in Europe in November when Trish's condition was discovered after she suffered a stroke on a flight to England.

Titans coach John Cartwright, assistant Trevor Gillmeister and Clark will fly to Sydney today for the funeral of Fred Murphy, father of Titans assistant coach Steve Murphy, who died last week.

Trish Douglas is survived by husband Chris and sons Luke, Kane and Jake.
    Thoughts go out to the Douglas family in these devastating times.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Poor bugger.

Very sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior

I'm one of three boys...we love our Mum. I'm sure Trish was rightly proud of her excellent young sons. I'm sorry for all concerned.

My families and my sympathies to the Douglas family.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Best wishes to Luke and his family.

Tragic news for big Dougy

R.I.P
    #itaintweaktospeak

Our thoughts and prayers go out to DOUGIE and his family. It is a tragedy that this fine family has to go through.
    To the boys of the family you hold your heads high as you without doubt have made your wonderful mother so very proud.
    I am sure that all the Titans fans and players and staff are right behind DOUGIE and his family and our condolonces go out to them.

Heart breaking news. I was hoping for better news. Vale Trish, you and your family will never be forgotten.

We are right behind you Luke, family first.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Sporting clubs to honour Trish Douglas

THE memory of Yamba's Trish Douglas will be honoured by several sporting clubs this weekend.

The mother of Wallaby and Waratah forward Kane, Gold Coast Titans prop Luke and Southern Districts player Jake died on Sunday.

The clubs where her sons played in their formative years will be among those to pay their respects.

Yamba Buccaneers will observe a minute of silence before they host Kyogle on Saturday.

Lower Clarence Magpies will wear black armbands when play Evans Head and have requested a minute of silence be observed before the game.

The Waratahs and Southern Districts will wear black armbands in all grades this weekend, with a minute of silence to be observed before kick-off in the first-grade matches.

Gold Coast Titans have requested the same for when they take on Brisbane tomorrow night.

A funeral service will be held at Yamba Bowling Club on Monday from 1pm.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news...uglas/1869544/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER