Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I'm all for this but $1M for a bloke who hasn't been tested at NRL level? Nope.
    Agree....maybe $6-$650k....

Oh and another thing. Why are we looking to sign fullbacks when the likelihood of Zilly getting dropped during his contract appears to be 0?

I'm all for this but $1M for a bloke who hasn't been tested at NRL level? Nope.
    Your right.. The money aside.. Top English stars not tested in the nrl why on earth would we want them?? I mean Sam burgess and Gareth Ellis are perfect examples of why we shouldn't by top English players because they are untested in the nrl :|

Oh and another thing. Why are we looking to sign fullbacks when the likelihood of Zilly getting dropped during his contract appears to be 0?
    But what happens if Zilly gets abducted and we donts see him for 10 years????

If Tomkins comes to the Coast then i wouldn't mind Zilly having a go in the centres.

Btw anyone feel sorry for poor old Matty Russell if we do sign Tomkins? He came to the Coast because he was behind Tomkins and now... LOL
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan1980 View Post
    Your right.. The money aside.. Top English stars not tested in the nrl why on earth would we want them?? I mean Sam burgess and Gareth Ellis are perfect examples of why we shouldn't by top English players because they are untested in the nrl :|
    Jesus I had to dig deep to note the sarcasm in this post.

Well played.

Awesome he would look good playing center for us or maybe even prop.......
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I reckon he wouldn't be quite the try scoring machine in the NRL, but he'd still be up there. Would love to see him have a crack on the coast.

If we did sign Tomkins where would we put him? Does he go to the halves and Kelly miss out or does he go to fullback and we offload Zillman or put him on the wing or centre? What are your thoughts?
    Psmitty

WARRIORS FIRM AS FAVOURITES FOR TOMKINS
    SMH.COM.AU ? MAY 17, 2013

The New Zealand Warriors are now firm favourites to snare Sam Tomkins after Gold Coast Titans boss David May ruled out a move by the club to sign the England superstar.

The Warriors were extremely close to signing Cronulla Sharks five-eighth Todd Carney, who has a good relationship with coach Matthew Elliott, and his decision to join the Sharks ensures the Auckland club still has plenty of money to throw at Tomkins.

Gold Coast had been linked to Tomkins but May told Sin Bin they weren?t pursuing him.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/warrio...#ixzz2TUtCwhKv
    #itaintweaktospeak

SO with a Million in our war chess how about a new coach ?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

That hurts, I was sort of pinning some good on him being one of the final pieces of the puzzle.

Pete, your often in the know, was it dollars or other factors that led to us pulling out?

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    SO with a Million in our war chess how about a new coach ?
    Coaches dont come into the salary cap

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    That hurts, I was sort of pinning some good on him being one of the final pieces of the puzzle.

Pete, your often in the know, was it dollars or other factors that led to us pulling out?
    Wasn't a dollar factor , word is some don't think he's up to the NRL level , i'm sure they'll be proven wrong very quickly
    #itaintweaktospeak

Wonder if it's someone protecting their 5 year investments?

Such a shame as we may have pushed harder for Dugan or folau if we knew this was going to be kyboshed right at the end.