Page 8 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    Junior

GL is 18 already so will not be in MM hope he gets a Crack in 20s this year. I believe he has that x factor that can change a game and spark something from nothing

Junior

Awesome awesome work MDrew haha we can't all be perfect but great insight into players.

Keanu is no longer at school so won't be playing for Keebra or South Coast Schools. I think Juwain Compain is now with broncos.

A great initiative the Titans finally have going is their Academy squads and also their high performance squad which they have now tapped in and established at Logan as well as the coast and Norther NSW.

Something I believe should have happened a long time ago. There is no doubt that this area produces a plethora of talent and if we were to have one cc and one mm we would dominate much like the Stingers. But a credit to staff and players with 2 teams in each grade we constantly compete at the high levels.

Brilliant work mdrew..read every single one of them with interest. Having your knowledge on this forum is a huge asset, particularly with the limited information we get about these players through these age groups

Look forward to seeing some of these lads in 20s next year

great stuff mdrew! good to see some analysis on our younger players coming through the ranks... I know a fair few of these boys personally as some of them have been training with us, jerome veve, tyrone roberts davis, jonah haas, greg... and i know a fair few others from around the grounds aswell... very detailed and correct analysis and its clear you know your stuff! I have had the honour of helping to coach ethan paikea and he is a very humble young athlete who will always get his job done and never take a backwards step no matter who his opposition is. did a couple of pre season sessions in the NYC and never looked out of place. dont be surprised if injuries keep hindering the current NYC side i dont think Woolf would hesitate to throw him in the mix in the later rounds of the season. Good stuff Mdrew, keep these updates coming.

Junior

MDrew, what fantastic posts on our young guns coming up through the system, a fantastic detailed critique on all players mentioned, and yes we have one of the best junior bases in the country. thank you very much for your outstanding input, keep it coming

Hahaha … great work mdrew … that's the stuff, especially when you consider the dark days when nobody seemed to give a toss … never lose your belief
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Hahaha … great work mdrew … that's the stuff, especially when you consider the dark days when nobody seemed to give a toss … never lose your belief
    Haha I agree, a few times I felt like giving up (and I am sure that I will again) some times because of my own demons and some because of frustration, but at the end of the day I will try to keep going because the life blood of any club are the juniors, they deserve our support. Please Titans use the resources of people who are offering. if one person goes to a junior game or heads to a Titans games early to see an NYC game, everyone wins, from the person/family attending a junior game to the NYC squad who will play in front of a bigger crowd.

If one more person is interested in junior rugby league because of this type of thread I will take it as a win and if one junior player becomes more dedicated to be a better person both on and off the field that is also a win. Some people may consider that I am wasting my time but... Yeh well I will leave it at that. rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Haha I agree, a few times I felt like giving up (and I am sure that I will again) some times because of my own demons and some because of frustration, but at the end of the day I will try to keep going because the life blood of any club are the juniors, they deserve our support. Please Titans use the resources of people who are offering. if one person goes to a junior game or heads to a Titans games early to see an NYC game, everyone wins, from the person/family attending a junior game to the NYC squad who will play in front of a bigger crowd.

If one more person is interested in junior rugby league because of this type of thread I will take it as a win and if one junior player becomes more dedicated to be a better person both on and off the field that is also a win. Some people may consider that I am wasting my time but... Yeh well I will leave it at that. rant over.

Once again you have out done yourself MDrew. Great work and insight for people like me that very rarely gets to games. Your comments are appreciated mate. keep up the great work.

Immortal

Will Evans performance at 5/8 at the QLD Junior Age Chamionships has been nothing short of amazing. On top of his individual performance he has shown exceptional leadership skills this young man is a class act as a footballer and as person. well done to Will Evans and his family. PS Bryon has be superb as well. The future is bright.

Immortal

Tyronne Roberts-Davis played centre for the Qld U18 QSSRL side in their 2 point loss to NSW Combined Catholic Colleges which has just finished. Qld lead 10-0 but could not hold on

Immortal

Just for the sack of discussion, I thought that I would put down a side made up of junior Titans players, who have not played NYC yet. I did not include Jerome Veve as hopefully he makes his NYC debut this week. Please feel free to throw other names up or put down your own side. I am sure I have missed a few players and have only noted players that I am comfortable saying they are with the Titans. I have included players whether they are injured or not. Some may be slightly out of position but it is only my opinion and that obviously means nothing. Really wanted to include names like Daruis Farmer, John Boy Quinlan etc so I am most likely incorrect

1. Will Evans
    2. Caleb Williams
    3. Liam Pakea
    4. David Fauid
    5. Lai-One Manu
    6. Ethan Roberts
    7. Josh Fauid
    8. Ethan Paikea
    9. Zac Beecher
    10. Payne Haas
    11. Geordie Brand
    12. Ben Thomas
    13. David Butler
    14. Phillip Quinlan
    15. Antonio Nelu
    16. Jonah Haas
    17. Max Dowd

Immortal

Titans team number 2 with an extended bench, apologies there are probably a few names that are not well known:

1. Wipere Takitimu
    2. Brent Barnes
    3. John Boy Quinlan
    4. Bryson Vaovasa
    5. AJ Kepaoa
    6. Bostyn Hakaraia
    7. Josh Ralph
    8. Jovan Tearoti
    9. Oliver Singh
    10. Steve Dressler
    11. Darius Farmer
    12. Blake Lenehan
    13. Nelson Grove
    14. Elijah Rasiga
    15. Luke Mastroanni
    16. Jaxson Paulo
    17. Jack Evans
    18. Brodie Hannon
    19. Isaac Lee
    20. Kelepi Faukafa

We really do have some exceptional talent coming through. IF people are interested I will redo my top juniors list soon

Immortal

15. Payne Haas – Like his brother Jonah, Payne is a big strong front rower, who played CC this year, after being named player of the carnival at the U15 Australian schoolboys carnival in 2014, and obviously being named in the merit side as well. In 2014, he represented Philippines at the U16 level, scoring four tries and being named player of the match. He is a big strong young man who just charges at the defensive line with absolutely no fear. I have rarely seen someone run so hard. He also has an offload after contacting the line. He is powerful also in defence and for a big front rower has a very good turn of pace. He should feature in MM next year and a player comparison perspective think Jarred Warea-Hargraves with less niggle. He attends Keebra Park and will represent South Coast U18’s at the upcoming Secondary Schools competition.

14. Tyronne Roberts-Davies – he is an elusive outside back who played MM this year, scoring 32 points from five tries and 6 goals. He has recently commenced training with the NYC squad and is shortly making his QCup colts debut at centre. The Keebra Park student, who is also representing U18 South Coast, is an elusive runner who will not be caught if he gets into open space. He has only a slight build but still gets in front of his man in defence. In the long term, I think that he is best suited to wing as he seems to have innate spacial awareness when moving close to the sideline. He should progress to the NYC squad next year and from a player comparison perspective think the Titans own David Mead. He is the cousin of Ethan Roberts.

13. Daruis Farmer – He is a rangy backrower from Ipswich who is the third of our juniors who was selected to represent Qld u16’s after a very consistent year for the Ipswich CC side. He is a very calm player on the field and is most effective on the edge of the ruck. His style of play is that of a wide running back rower with above average speed for the position, but he will also take his share of hit ups through the middle of the ruck. He is effective in defence and covers across the field well, thus putting him in a good position to make the tackle when the ball is turned back inside. The Titans development staff should be commended for looking at the Ipswich area, with Daruis being the type of player any club would be proud to have involved with them. He should in involved in the Ipswich MM next year and from a player comparison perspective thing along the lines of Gavin Copper of the Cowboys.

12. Greg Lelesiuao – Greg is a fullback/centre/wing who is just a gifted footballer. In MM this year he played fullback scoring seven tries. Greg who has been training with the NYC squad, has also progressed to QCup colts, where he has played both centre and wing, no mean feat for a player with a year of eligibility still left in U18 football. I think that it is unlikely he plays MM next year as he hopefully is playing NYC. With the ball in his hand he just has incredible elusively and speed off the mark. The only thing that he needs to do is to minimise the errors. During various MM games he made a number of errors in a row, but as I said he is only 17. I can see aspects of an Anthony Milford type of player and I personally think that in the long term fullback will be his best position. He is a massive talent and a good find from Woodridge High School.

11. Josh Fauid – He is a half/five eight from the North’s Devils club for whom he played halfback and captained the MM side to a semi-final. For an elusive runner of the football, he still has the ability to set up his outside support and has a solid kicking game. He has transitioned to QCup colts where he is playing five eight for North’s. He should be in line for the starting halfback spot in NYC next year and certainly is a talented player who has also some experience at hooker, although half would seem to be his ideal long term position. From a player comparison perspective a playing style of Jarrod Mullen from the Knights would not be far from the mark.

10. John Boy Quinlan – He is a young centre (he has also played a lot of fullback) from Armidale, who played Senior football this year, including one match at five eight and with selection in the Greater Northern Tigers U18 side, should be pushing to be selected in the NSW Country U18 side. He has already played a number of games for our development squad over the last couple of years. He is very quick and elusive, and hopefully can push for an NYC spot next year. From a played comparison perspective, think along the lines of Justin Hodges in that he is just difficult to tackle. He is the brother of Phillip Quinlan.

9. Keanu Dawson – He is a big strong front rower who I believe may be the captain of the Keebra park school boy side this year. He has previously represented Qld at the U16 level and will represent South Coast U18’s in the upcoming QSSRL U18 competition. He had an up and down season in MM this year but now has transitioned to QCup Colts and he has also been training the entire year with the NYC side. Depending on form and injuries he may get a taste of NYC late in the year. He is a powerful runner of the football, but sometimes in defence can try for the big hit a little too much and also just needs to be a little more selective with his offloads in traffic. In saying that, I think that he is a huge talent who can become a big part of the NYC forward pack next year. I think that he will probably play some back row when he first breaks into the NYC side but his long term position is in the front row. From a player comparison perspective, a comparison to Josh Maguire of the Broncos is fair.

8. Jai Whitbread – He is a young backrower who played very well at the MM level this year, after representing NSW U16’s in 2014, thus he still has a year of eligibility in MM next year. Interestingly he has also played some outside centre in rugby. He will not wow you with big hits or line breaks but he will be the first one into the tackle and the first one to put his hand up to take the ball up, where he seems to always make the first defender miss and make more ground than he seemingly should. Wishful thinking maybe but I would like to see him maybe get a run late in the season in NYC this year, but I concede that that is unlikely. Hopefully he gets to training with the NYC squad in the off season and maybe get a start some time in 2016, if not he will be an MM mainstay. From a player comparison perspective it is hard to go past a Nathan Hindmarsh style. He really looks like a player who will realise his potential and make a career in first grade in the back row.

7. I am leaving out seven at the moment as I am getting conflicting information about his status with us.

6. David Butler – David is a young front rower who really should be higher than this, he is just a class act on the field. He represented South Coast in the recent QSSRL U15 competition, where in my opinion was the best forward on show. He understandably made the U15 Maroons side for the national U15 school boy’s titles in June. He runs exceptionally hard and does not back down, and from what I have been told, no one trains harder. He is also an exceptionally hard tackler and can very effectively anyone one on one because of his strength. From how he holds himself on the field, he is a leader by his deeds. He should be a CC mainstay next year and it is hard not to see aspects of Matt Scott of the Cowboys in his style of play.

5. Will Evans – He is a young back who represented Gold Coast Vikings at the U14 level at the recent SEQ titles where he played at five eight, he also made the U14 SEQ extended squad. From the games I have seen him play prior to that he played a lot at fullback where he was simply dynamic. He played fullback in 2014 where he was named the best player at the U13 state titles. He is just a class act on the football field who just seems to know where and when to be both in attack and defence and makes everybody around him look better. I think that he has a real shot at staying at five eight long term and has the potential to be anything. He has a chance to play CC next year at the age of 15, because in my opinion he is that good. I am not going to put a player comparison for him because the only players I can think of are considered immortals (or soon to be) and that is unfair to label him. If he was older it would be hard not to have him as who I consider our top junior. If you are near Burleigh juniors when they are playing head down and watch an absolute class act. He attends PBC and his brother Jack is also in our junior development system.

4. Sam Elliot – He is a forward (I will leave it at that as he can literally play anywhere in the pack, except obviously hooker) who excelled in the MM competition, winning the Mat Rogers medal. He is from the Lismore area and his brother is currently playing for the NYC side (Max Elliot). The only way to describe has play is hard running and tough defence, he is seemingly everywhere on the field and projects as someone who can play 80 minutes without the need to be interchanged. He should join his brother in NYC next year, and that is a scary proposition for opposing forward packs with the brother’s toughness and will to win. If you have seen any of our NYC games this year, he plays almost exactly like his older brother, maybe with a little more speed in open space. I think that he will play his football in the back row going forward, a real talent.

3. Lizaya Iti – He is yet an backrower (maybe I notice back rowers more, because I played there!) who represented South Coast U15’s and made the U15 Qld Maroons side like a lot of his South Coast team mates. What is even more impressive is that he played the entire year for South’s at the CC level, and that is no mean feat as they had a superb forward pack, and always seem to. Another impressive thing for me is his discipline, where in previous seasons he may have let things get to him a little, this year it was the absolute opposite. He plays an aggressive style and does not back down from any challenge or anyone. He will play CC again next year and attends Coombabah. Coombabah should have a very talented U15 side this year for their school games. Tough and aggressive he has a Paul Gallen style of game without the niggle in his game.

2. Ethan Roberts – He played a lot of the MM season at five eight and was very good, even though he did miss the start of the MM season with injury. During the season he scored 20 points including four tries and two goals and is yet another player from the Grafton/Lismore area and is currently attending PBC. He has made numerous representative sides over the years including representing NSW at the U16 level in 2013, when he also got player of the match and was roundly praised by Brad Fittler. He is a big five eight, and as a result has also played a bit of back row who can take the ball to the line and set up his outside supports, although he does have some sneaky speed. On the field he so calm and collected and rarely makes the wrong decision with the football. You constantly see him talking to his team mates, letting them know what is going on, he reads the play very well. Hard to see him not playing NYC next year, where he will likely break in at five eight, yet I do think that he may end up in the back row as his career progresses. Like above I am not going to note a player comparison because the only one I can think of is a Qld immortal. Super talent.

1 Ethan Paikea – He is a powerful young front rower who unfortunately has been injured on and off for the majority of the season, and currently has a knee injury which means he will likely miss the QSSRL U18 competition and a number of GIO games for Keebra, the red backs will miss him as well (sorry Titan Pete). I will not go into his game too much because there are people on this forum who know him and his game far better than me. Hopefully he can come back fit and healthy from his injuries and even though he will be eligible for MM again next year, hopefully gets a real shot at making the NYC side in the opening rounds. From everything I have seen and heard, he is a talented young man but more importantly a very decent young man off the field. From a player comparison perspective think Sam Burgess.

First up, if I have gotten anything wrong in the analysis, I apologise, it was not my intention to detail wrong information.

Apologies also as when I finished the list, the number of young players who could have or should have been on the list that I missed is very disappointing. Every young player signed to the Titans or another NRL club at any age should be proud of their achievements, and not noting some of them, I have let them and their families down. Players such as Nelson Grove, Jordan Champion, Blake Campbell, Geordie Brand, Isaac Lee, Jaxson Paulo, Zac Beecher, AJ Brimson, Sheaziah and Juwan Compain, Sam Ross etc should be congratulated and acknowledged as talented young men doing their best.

well done mdrew, like the work and thanks for the updates keep them coming

Immortal

Thought that I would start doing an update of our junior’s this time I thought I would go to 50, in short because I could not make up by mind when to stop. I stress that I have only included players that I think with the Titans. I have not included a number of players because I can not be sure that they are with us or there are rumours or I am aware that they are with different clubs. Unfortunately the change to NRL ownership allowed clubs to get under our guard to sign away some of our top juniors.

Also unfortunately a few boys have dealt with injuries throughout the year, including Caleb Williams and Lou Lockington, they are lower than they should be probably. I have only noted one player who has played U13’s this year and that is only because he had such huge wraps on him and I was able to see him play a few times in a short space of time. There are a large number of talented U13 boys, such as Damon Soverville, Ediq Ambrosyev, Rixon Andrew etc but I have not seen a large number of their games for while thus did not include them even though they probably should have been. Once again, apologies if my information is not accurate, or you believe that I am wrong.

I will try to include a player comparison, not to note who they may turn out like, but to give an insight into the style of play of the player now for people to relate to. I will try to do one a day, hopefully people are interested. I will try to start them in a couple of weeks as the junior season winds down and the development squads have their final hit outs for the year. If you disagree with something that I have said please feel free to post your opinions or PM me. In brackets, I think is their most likely position, not necessarily where they are playing now.

The list below is in draft form and it may change quite substantially by the time I get into some detail, assuming people are interested.

1. Ethan Paikea (front row)
    2. Josh Fauid (half)
    3. Will Evans (5/8)
    4. David Fauid (fullback)
    5. Geordie Brand (front row)
    6. David Butler (front row)
    7. Antonio Nelu (front row)
    8. Wipere Takitimu (fullback)
    9. Bryson Vaovasa (centre)
    10. Ethan Roberts (5/8)
    11. Ben Thomas (second row)
    12. Daruis Farmer (second row)
    13. Phillip Quinlan (second row)
    14. Max Dowd (5/8)
    15. Liam Pakea (centre)
    16. Lai-One Manu (fullback)
    17. John Boy Quinlan (centre)
    18. Jovan Tearoti (front row)
    19. Blake Lenehan (second row)
    20. Zac Beecher (hooker)
    21. Luke Mastroanni (front row)
    22. Jack Evans (second row)
    23. Steve Dressler (front row)
    24. Nelson Grove (backrow)
    25. Josh Ralph (half)
    26. AJ Kepaoa (centre)
    27. Brent Barnes (wing)
    28. Caleb Williams (centre)
    29. Jonah Haas (front row)
    30. Elijah Rasiga (second row)
    31. Bostyn Hakaraia (5/8)
    32. Kyle Fairbank (second row)
    33. AJ Brimson (half)
    34. Kelepi Faukafa (second row)
    35. Jaxson Paulo (centre)
    36. Corey Alexander (fullback)
    37. Kyron Herron (front row)
    38. Oliver Singh (hooker)
    39. Isaac Lee (centre)
    40. Sheaziah Compain (centre)
    41. Phransis Sula-Siosaia
    42. Tuki Seiuli (front row)
    43. Ethan Kane (fullback)
    44. Dea Jarn Asi (fullback)
    45. Lupe Siaifa (second row)
    46. Dennis Waight (wing)
    47. Jordan Champion (lock)
    48. Blake Campbell (lock)
    49. Max Bryant (second row)
    50. Lou Lockington (wing)

[
    Last edited by mdrew; 18-08-15 at 03:26 PM.