Page 7 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Next Ten:

11. Phillip Quinlan – Backrower who was recently on the Gold Coast with the boys from the Armidale area that come up each year. Played like a man amongst boys and deserved his selection in the NSW Country U16 side. Different build to his brother John-Boy but equally as talented. Will play in the local U18 competition next year in the Armidale region.
    12. Jai Whitbread – the fourth of the our U16 Interstate representatives, he will not wow with big hits and line breaking but will run and tackle himself to a stand-still. Will play MM next year and I really think that his has a bright future.
    13. Lizaya Iti – A powerful young backrower who led his Wests Panthers team to the U14 GBJRL Premier Division Title. He is strong and aggressive and also played well for Coombabah. He will play U15’s next year and is tough, talented and a leader both on and off the field.
    14. Lui Lockington – He is a centre/wing from Cairns blessed with size and speed. He played for Northern Pride CC last year and will play MM in 2015. Probably the fastest junior we have on our books and knows how to play.
    15. Braydon McMahon – Made his QCup Colts debut at hooker, although he plays half/five eight for Keebra and club. He has a good kicking and passing game and will be in the NYC squad next year. Importantly has the size to win the one on one defensive battle.
    16. Dechlan Day – A young backrower who attends TSS and has the size speed and intensity to go a long way. Has previously won the U14 award for best player in the GBJRL competition.
    17. Jovahn Tearoiti – Young frontrower from Coombabah who leads from the front. He played U13’s this year and whilst big and strong stood out for his ability to read the play and know what is required to be done at all times.
    18. Emery Pere – No Junior on our books has more ability than this young backrower, and I mean no one. He needs to stay focussed and disciplined and the sky is the limit. Goes to TSS and is tearing up the GPS competition. Can kick goals as well.
    19. Jerome Veve – Even though he is still eligible for U18’s next year, he made his QCup colts debut and did not look out of place. Incredibly mobile for a big guy he only needs to ensure that he maintains possession. A smokie for time in NYC next year.
    20. Will Evans – He was the stand out player in the U13 State Championship and can basically play anywhere across the backline. I think that the PBC student ends up at five eight personally, he just reads the play so well, equally as good at fullback though.

Sounds like we need a junior foundation to support an academy that focuses on football/study and career development ... preferably based in the hinterland away from distractions.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

21. Kaleb Rongonui – See Emery Pere, another young second rower with an amazing amount of natural ability, he just needs to stay disciplined and focussed. Played for Apley U15’s in the GBJRL competition, hopefully will feature in CC with Norths Devils next year
    22. Dylan Pelo – Made his QCup debut with Burleigh this year, and seems to have at least temporarily moved back to the forwards after the last few years playing either centre or wing. Should figure in the NYC squad next year.
    23/24 – The Elliott brotehrs Max and Sam, hopefully Max figures in the NYC squad next year, Sam should be a fixture in MM. Both are second rowers.
    25. Jordan Scott – Jordan was named player of the match in the Bycroft Cup U19 grand final and will form part of a very competitive group of hookers in NYC in 2015. Very good passing game and exceptional defensively.
    26. Waylon Manual Bartlett – A big young backrower out of Ipswich. He was part of their CC squad which he should be again in 2015. One of the better young players in the Ipswich region, a real talent.
    27. Rueben Ioane – Big front rower, another who has recently started going to Keebra. Should play CC next year.
    28. Brett Stratton – Brett has played the majority of the season in QCup colts, but has also trained all year with the NYC squad. He currently plays in the centres but it would not surprise if his future lies in the backrow over the next couple of years.
    29 Billy Mozer – A young centre who shows flashes of absolute class, he is set for U15’s next year and when consistency emerges look out.
    30 – DeAndre Watterues – Like Mozer a young centre (U13’s this year) who just needs to play football, the rest will come.

There are plenty more that could/should be included, such as Brodie Hannon, Luke Mostroinni, Max Bryant, Kaleb Williams, Dean Garner, Steve Dressler, Albert Liki, Dan Johnson, Kenny Kennedy, Jordan Champion, Blake Campbell etc. Unfortunately not all of these boys will make it but hopefully the Titans can help all be the best young people and footballers they can be. Apologies if people disagree they are only my thoughts.

Gotta agree on Emery, had the pleasure of watching him since under 14's. I just hope he can stay on the right track. Lost his way the last couple of years (off the field) but if he turns that corner he will definitely make it in the future. His little brother in Under 12's this year is a cut above the rest as well.

You are a fantastic judge of junior talent Mcdrew & I'm very pleased to see Ethan on top of the list , anyone that gets the opportunity to watch young Ethan play do yourself a favour , barring any injury he will play at the highest level & I expect he will be given a shot at NYC after his MM duties are finished , he is 16 but what a talent & I agree with Mcdrew 100% Ethan is the best junior forward in the Country ...

On Emery he has talent to burn but has too many issues away from the game & I think he'll struggle to stay out of trouble..

I think there is a huge chance another name will be added to the list by this time next season in Brent Woolfe, he's only staying with the Donkeys next season to complete year 12
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Thought I might update my take on our top juniors, could not cut the list to 25 so I have noted 30 players. If I have missed any apologies, this is just my take, I am no expert. I have only included players who have not played NYC and I have not included some as I can not be sure they will be with the Titans next year. I hope that you find the list useful.

1. Ethan Paikea – The young front rower represented QLd U16’s this year, and for me is the best U16 front rower in the country. Big strong and powerful, he is a class act both on and off the field, and he played extremely well for the Redbacks throughout the U16 GC comp. He will play MM next season and should also be prominent for the Keebra Open side in the GIO cup.
    2. Vito Suia-Siaosi – Played a lot of hooker this season after playing in the next row earlier in his career, and come off the bench for QLD U16’s this season, a really talented footballer, with the only question being where he ends up, either backrow or hooker. Anther Redbacks player, will play MM next year.
    3. Lorenzo Leapai – A superbly talented front row/second row from Logan Brothers who represented QLD in the Australian U15 titles. He performed exceptionally well in an amazingly talented Logan Brothers U15 side. I really had to think hard about not putting at No.1. If you have not heard of him, you soon will. Will play CC for Souths Logan next year.
    4. Payne Haas – Giant young front rower, who was the stand out player at the Australian U15 championships, and was also named in the Australian merit side. He is big boy but is exceptionally quick and mobile. Will play in CC next year.
    5. Kobe Tararo – The third of four Titans players who played in the U16 Interstate match, he is a wide running second rower with a great tackling technique. He will play MM for Souths Logan next year.
    6. John Boy Quinlan – He is a young centre from Armidale, who played Senior football this year and was unlucky not to be selected in the NSW Country U18 side. He played a couple of games for our development squad early this year. He is very quick and elusive. Still eligible for U18’s next year.
    7. David Butler – Another young frontrower who has recently moved to Keebra from Coombabah, he runs exceptionally hard and does not back down. From what I have been told, no one trains harder. Eligible of U15’s next year
    8. Daymeric Pelo – Should be part of our NYC squad next year, he was a key part of the PBC GIO side that made the semi-finals and even though he has played a lot of front row, probably ends up in the next row at the NYC level. Played a bit of QCup colts.
    9. Pharnsis Suia-Siaosi – The younger brother of Vito, he plays in the front row and formed an exceptional front row pairing with David Butler for Coombabah. One of the hardest tacklers I have ever seen, he is eligible for U15’s next year.
    10. Danial Brownbill – He is a rangy backrower who played CC with Easts Tigers and knows how to find the try line. Will play MM next year and also played some U16 representative football this year.

This is my first ten, if people are interested I will do the next ten when I can.

Really enjoy your comments, thanks mate

Immortal

Sorry all, left out Keanu Dawson. Keanu was the captain of the Keebra Opens and is currently training with the NYC (thanks HS) squad and is a top class second rower. He is still eligible for MM in 2015, but should see at least some time in NYC.

Immortal

Just for the heck of it, I thought that I would draft up a side made up of young blokes from U13’s to U18’s, just to see what it looks like. In short we have some very talented young players in our ranks. Unfortunately not all will make it, but our future is bright if we can keep them and help them develop on and off the field. I know that I have missed a lot but my quick thoughts. Some are bracketed together because I could not make a call.

Greg Lelesiuao
    De’Andrew Wattereus/Lui Lockington
    Caleb Williams
    Konrad Edwards/ John Boy Quinlan*
    Liam Pakau
    Will Evans (yes I know he plays a lot of fullback but…)
    Josh Ralph/AJ Brimson
    Ethan Paikea
    Vito Sula – Siaosi
    Payne Haas
    Keanu Dawson
    Jerome Veve/ Lorenzo Leapai*
    Ethan Roberts

Kobe Tararo/Jai Whitbread
    Pharnsis Sula-Siaosi
    Tuki Seiuli/Jovan Tearoti
    Phillip Quinlan/Blake Campbell

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Just for the heck of it, I thought that I would draft up a side made up of young blokes from U13’s to U18’s, just to see what it looks like. In short we have some very talented young players in our ranks. Unfortunately not all will make it, but our future is bright if we can keep them and help them develop on and off the field. I know that I have missed a lot but my quick thoughts. Some are bracketed together because I could not make a call.

Greg Lelesiuao
    De’Andrew Wattereus/Lui Lockington
    Caleb Williams
    Konrad Edwards/ John Boy Quinlan*
    Liam Pakau
    Will Evans (yes I know he plays a lot of fullback but…)
    Josh Ralph/AJ Brimson
    Ethan Paikea
    Vito Sula – Siaosi
    Payne Haas
    Keanu Dawson
    Jerome Veve/ Lorenzo Leapai*
    Ethan Roberts

Kobe Tararo/Jai Whitbread
    Pharnsis Sula-Siaosi
    Tuki Seiuli/Jovan Tearoti
    Phillip Quinlan/Blake Campbell
    Not a half bad squad at first look, ive heard Vito has been let go from Titans, didnt trial on weekend due to being suspended from last year and looked like hes carrying about 10 extra kilos and over weight.

Immortal

For what it worth I thought that I may as well update who I think are some of our talented juniors, noting thirty young players. In terms of the players I am obviously only going on my thoughts and in no way do I profess to be an expert. There are plenty of boys that I could have noted, going from players recently signed such as powerful centre AJ Kepaoa and 5/8 Bostyn Hakaraia both from NZ, the injured winger Lui Lockington and others such as Kobe Tararo who I have not seen play this season. I not included any U13 players such as fullback Rixson Andrew, Fullback Ediq Ambrosyev or Damon Somerville, because it I have not seen enough of some of them, even though they are very talented. I note that I will leave out or forget a lot of young players who deservedly should be noted.

I have tried to include a player comparison, not to note who they may turn out like, but to give an insight into the style of play of the person. I will try to do five a day, hopefully people are interested. If you disagree with something that I have said please feel free to PM me.

I also stress that as there is a significant amount of movement went players are young some of these boys may have or will not be with the Titans in future, but I have tried my best.

30. Antinio Nelu – A recently signed front rower, previously from Auckland NZ, but now residing in Ipswich. Since arriving in Australia his fitness has improved significantly, pointing to the dedication required to improve. In NZ he made a number of Auckland representative sides. Antonio recently represented Met West in the U15 State Titles. He is a powerful runner of the football, who knows only one way and that is straight ahead and can offload once he has impacted the defensive line. In defense he is happy to go for the big hit often, but for such a player does not give away too many penalties. He should be a mainstay of the Ipswich CC side next year. From a player comparison point of view think of Mark Ioane of the Titans.

29. Phransis Suia-Siaosi – Powerfully built front rower who recently represented South Coast in the Qld State U15 titles, deservedly making the Qld White side. He is built low to the ground and uses that leverage very effectively in defense which is his calling card. In attack he is on occasion uses a slight step to put off defends. He attends Coomoombah and should be a key player in one of the Gold Coast CC sides next year. From a player comparison perspective think along the lines of Sam Moa of the Roosters. In hindsight should be much higher on my list, I think I will be saying that a lot.

28. Jonah Haas – He is a massive, powerful front rower who runs hard and is extremely aggressive on the field. That is one of his strengths but also his main weakness. He on occasion can be far too aggressive leading to giving away penalties etc. He is currently training with the NYC squad and If he can harness his aggression and become more disciplined the sky is the limit, hopefully the extra demands, expectations and discipline of training with the NYC squad will help him reach his potential. From a player comparison perspective think James Tamou of the Cowboys.

27.Jovan Tearoiti – He a front row/second row who recently represented the Gold Coast Vikings at the recent SEQ U14 titles and played well enough to make the U14 train on squad. He also excelled including a stand out performance for the Titans development squad against Saoma late last year. He flat out has no fear and charges into defensive lines with relish including running various different lines, including running on the inside shoulder, which is one of the most difficult routes to run. He has a good offload and can ball play before the line if necessary. Defensively he hits very hard and usually maintains discipline in the defensive line. For the type of power player he is, he gives away very few penalties. From a player comparison perspective think of someone like Frank Paul Nusala (apologies for spelling)

26. Albert Liki – He is a second rower who played for Souths in the recent CC competition where he finished second on the points scoring table, with a total of 60 points, from two tries and 26 goals. You do not make the Souths CC forward pack until you can play and this is the case with Albert, he could be considered a wide running second rower with a solid low tackling technique. In short he is a wide running backrower with a very good turn of speed once he breaks through the line. He takes his share of runs in the middle of the ruck but he is impressive at running good lines on the fringes of the ruck and constantly picks the right holes to run into. He then has the speed to out pace any cover defense. From a player comparison perspective think of a young Ben Creagh of the dragons, as a well rounded backrower with the ability to break the line by himself and then has the pace to finish things off.

Immortal

25. Jerome Veve – He is a big strong backrower, who is only at this spot because he was injured early in the year, meaning that he missed the entire MM competition, which was obviously very disappointing. He is back in training now and I believe is training with the NYC squad. He is a big strong frontrower/lock who has shown flashes of amazing ability, and all he needs is game time against quality opposition for him to continue to develop. When I saw him play I thought that he was best suited to playing in the middle of the park, but just like the way Ryan James is currently being used, I certainly think that he has/is developing similar skills to enable him the play a similar style. I know that I have mentioned Ryan James, but from my perspective a closer player comparision may be Frank Pritchard from the Bulldogs.

24. Emery Pere – Emery is a big and immensely talented backrower who is also a star at No.8 for TSS in rugby. On pure talent alone he would be in the top handful of junior players I personally have ever seen. Unfortunately discipline seems to be issue for him. He played exceptionally well in MM this year, alternating between front row and back row, I personally think that his best position is that of a wide running backrower with very good ball skills. He can also line up and smash attackers who run at him and has the ball skills to play both before and at the line. Playing high level GPS schoolboy rugby has clearly helped his skill set and he can also kick goals. I know that some members of the forum have concerns about his discipline both on and off the field, and fair enough, but if he can overcome concerns about his discipline then the sky is the limit. The only question is whether it is in league or rugby. If things come together I have no doubt he has the ability to play NYC next year, the only question is if things fall into place. From a player comparison perspective it is part not to see aspects of Sonny Bill Williams in his play, hopefully things fall into place for him.

23. Konrad Edwards – He is a centre/backrower who played CC this year, scoring four tries in the process. This was after being named in the Australian U15 merit side in 2014. He is just a footballer, it is hard to put it any other way, he is solid across the board, full stop, there is literally no doubt he is the type of player that will get the most out of his ability , and he should be a part of one of the MM squads in 2016. From a player comparison perspective, it is hard to go past a comparison to someone like Elijah Taylor, he will just keep showing up in attack and defense.

22. Phillip Quinlan – He is a forward from Armidale NSW, who is best suited to playing in the middle of the field. In 2014 he was selected in the NSW U16 Country side, thoroughly deserving his spot. He is a no nonsense type of player who will do a lot of the heavy work in the middle, both in attack and defense. It will be interesting to see where he plays next year, as his older brother, John Boy will be eligible for NYC next season. From a player comparison perspective Kevin Proctor of the Storm springs to mind.

21. Jake Evans - – He is another in a stable of backrowers that are in the Titans junior development system. He has not had the typical route that many young rugby league players have had. He grew up in Western Australia and only took up rugby league when his family moved to the Eastern Seaboard, and started making representative squads in Warwick, including the South West Queensland Mustangs junior representative sides. He is a bit of an all rounder in that he may not stand out in either attack or defense but does everything well. He played MM this year and should back up in that competition against next year. From a player comparison perspective think of someone like Alex Glenn of the Bronco’s.

Immortal

20. Luke Mastroianni - He is a young front rower who captained one of the CC sides this year. He has made numerous representative sides over the last couple of years and deservedly so. He runs hard and straight and does not take a backward step. He will not wow onlookers with offloads or line breaks but will continue to work all day, both in attack and defense. In defense he covers inside well when balls are turned back inside on the fringe of the ruck. From a player comparison think the Titans own Luke Douglas, a work horse. He should be in one of the MM squads next season.

19. Liam Pakau - He is an extremely talented young centre from Ipswich, who played MM this year scoring three tries in the process. He has also played a couple of games in the QCup colts competition for Ipswich even though he is still eligible for MM in 2016. He is a player I first saw a couple of years ago and my opinion of him has not changed one bit, he is powerfully built young man who runs with pace and power. It would be unfair to categorise that his game is only built on pace and power though as he has a very good step and fend, he can also draw defenders in to give players outside him room. His defensive game is one built on intimidation. He represented U16 Maroons in 2014. It will be interesting to see whether he gets an opportunity in NYC next year, if not he will play MM again. From a player comparison perspective think a young Steve Matai.

18. Caleb Williams – He is a super quick centre from Northern New South Wales, who unfortunately was hurt early in the MM competition, otherwise he would have been much higher. He is just an incredible player who has an effortless running style. The only query is where he will play, is it at centre or fullback, where he can use has pace in more open spaces. At centre he has the ability to stand up his direct opposite and then beat him with pace on the outside, something that is rare in the modern game. The mind boggles at what he could do in more space at fullback, returning kicks against a staggered defensive line or running off passes when forwards have gotten through the initial defensive line and off load. Regardless he looks an exceptionally gifted player who from a player comparison perspective looks to have a similiar style to the Titans own James Roberts, being someone who has skills that you just can’t teach and can make something out of nothing. Due to the injury he likely will play MM again next year, but hopefully he will get an opportunity to train over the off season with the NYC squad.

17. Max Dowd – He is a fullback/five eight who has been named at five eight for Qld U16’s after a very good season in CC this year, where he scored five tries. He also plays for TSS in the GPS competition as well. He is not the biggest player but seems to have plenty of time when he has the ball in his hands and is rarely rushed when making decisions in how the attack is going to progress. I personally think that he may end up at full back, playing a Darius Boyd style of game. Regardless he is a talented footballer who deservedly gets to represent his state shortly. He should feature in MM next year.

16. Ben Thomas – He is a second rower who was the equal top try scorer in the CC competition this year with eight tries and like Max Dowd was selected in the Qld U16 side, also absolutely deserved. He is another backrower and also a local gold coast product to boot. He is a big young man who runs hard and straight and has a bit of pace if he finds himself in any space, and defends with vigor and a bit of aggression, regularly putting in big hits, but it is controlled and he rarely misses tackles. He should be in one of the MM sides next year. From a player comparison perspective, think of Joel Thompson of the Dragons, someone with size, speed and strength.

Wow many thanks Mdrew what a great insight to some of the juniors in the titans ranks its a shame we don't get more from the club but thank god we have people like yourself on the forum to share their insights on the junior ranks.

Junior

Awesome review. A couple changes that you may not know. Emry Pere is no longer with Titans and from what I've heard is with Cowboys. Konrad Edwards also from what I've heard is not signed by Titans.

I'm very interested to see the progress of Jonah if he can harness that discipline he will do well

That's sensational mdrew keep em coming