Page 6 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast
    Immortal

The boys that have come over from NZ are from the Hawkes Bay/Taranaki/Manawatu areas, the Titans have a solid presence in the region and undertook trials over there last year. The people who watched the U17 development squad game at Cudgen recently may have noted that they are not just big boys, they are also very skilful and hopefully can progress through the MM Cup to NYC in coming years and there are more boys from the region on the way in coming years.

The players include:

Doryaan Hape Apiata - front row
    Paora Noble - hooker
    Elijah Toetoe - front row
    Tray Nicholson - half
    Jah Nofoagatotoa - backrow
    Vita Tomoana - front row

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    The boys that have come over from NZ are from the Hawkes Bay/Taranaki/Manawatu areas, the Titans have a solid presence in the region and undertook trials over there last year. The people who watched the U17 development squad game at Cudgen recently may have noted that they are not just big boys, they are also very skilful and hopefully can progress through the MM Cup to NYC in coming years and there are more boys from the region on the way in coming years.

The players include:

Paora Noble - hooker
    Tray Nicholson - half
    Vita Tomoana - front row
    That was the comment i made mate, the boys are huge but have a great offload to go with it
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

The players include:

Paora Noble - hooker
    Tray Nicholson - half
    Vita Tomoana - front row
    agree they are big boys, be interesting to see how they adapt to the Australian way of playing, they will need to work hard on conditioning, and be interesting to see their development at coombabah (i think they are going there), especially when they go up against the likes of Keebra and PBC... i wish them all the best

I think PBC may topple keebra this year. the loss of two of keebra key staff to titans (wolfey and smallsy) will a have massive ramifications.

Immortal

Yeh mate they are all off to Coomoombah and they are all playing at Southport as well.

Yeh mate they are all off to Coomoombah and they are all playing at Southport as well.
    It will be a chance for Southport u16 to challenge the top sides of the competition in div 1 instead of stacking a div 2 team , makes for an exciting year ahead
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

There will be another wave coming over in 2015, considered to be as talented as the boys that have come over for this year. With some talented youngsters at the U15 level already at Coomoombah and the the NZ boys coming over in the next year or two, Coomoombah will be quite strong, as will Southport!

Immortal

James Iodice making his NYC debut against St George, as tough and hard running young man as you will find. Fingers crossed his injury curse is behind him, good luck James

James Iodice making his NYC debut against St George, as tough and hard running young man as you will find. Fingers crossed his injury curse is behind him, good luck James
    I'll keep an eye on him tomorrow mate
    #itaintweaktospeak

Not sure if u were there today mate but I thought James played very good for his 1st game appearance , he ran out of puff in the 1st half fairly noticeably but when he came on in the 2nd half the Dragons players knew he was out there, I was told he's coming back from an injury so a few games under his belt will do him the world of good , Hazard played well again but they are struggling as a whole.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

Yeh mate, thought he did well too. He is literally three games back from 18 months away from the game due to injury. He will only get better. Shaun Hudson is a couple of games back from injury too. Hopefully we see him in NYC, the team needs something

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Not sure if u were there today mate but I thought James played very good for his 1st game appearance , he ran out of puff in the 1st half fairly noticeably but when he came on in the 2nd half the Dragons players knew he was out there, I was told he's coming back from an injury so a few games under his belt will do him the world of good , Hazard played well again but they are struggling as a whole.

Immortal

Thought I might update my take on our top juniors, could not cut the list to 25 so I have noted 30 players. If I have missed any apologies, this is just my take, I am no expert. I have only included players who have not played NYC and I have not included some as I can not be sure they will be with the Titans next year. I hope that you find the list useful.

1. Ethan Paikea – The young front rower represented QLd U16’s this year, and for me is the best U16 front rower in the country. Big strong and powerful, he is a class act both on and off the field, and he played extremely well for the Redbacks throughout the U16 GC comp. He will play MM next season and should also be prominent for the Keebra Open side in the GIO cup.
    2. Vito Suia-Siaosi – Played a lot of hooker this season after playing in the next row earlier in his career, and come off the bench for QLD U16’s this season, a really talented footballer, with the only question being where he ends up, either backrow or hooker. Anther Redbacks player, will play MM next year.
    3. Lorenzo Leapai – A superbly talented front row/second row from Logan Brothers who represented QLD in the Australian U15 titles. He performed exceptionally well in an amazingly talented Logan Brothers U15 side. I really had to think hard about not putting at No.1. If you have not heard of him, you soon will. Will play CC for Souths Logan next year.
    4. Payne Haas – Giant young front rower, who was the stand out player at the Australian U15 championships, and was also named in the Australian merit side. He is big boy but is exceptionally quick and mobile. Will play in CC next year.
    5. Kobe Tararo – The third of four Titans players who played in the U16 Interstate match, he is a wide running second rower with a great tackling technique. He will play MM for Souths Logan next year.
    6. John Boy Quinlan – He is a young centre from Armidale, who played Senior football this year and was unlucky not to be selected in the NSW Country U18 side. He played a couple of games for our development squad early this year. He is very quick and elusive. Still eligible for U18’s next year.
    7. David Butler – Another young frontrower who has recently moved to Keebra from Coombabah, he runs exceptionally hard and does not back down. From what I have been told, no one trains harder. Eligible of U15’s next year
    8. Daymeric Pelo – Should be part of our NYC squad next year, he was a key part of the PBC GIO side that made the semi-finals and even though he has played a lot of front row, probably ends up in the next row at the NYC level. Played a bit of QCup colts.
    9. Pharnsis Suia-Siaosi – The younger brother of Vito, he plays in the front row and formed an exceptional front row pairing with David Butler for Coombabah. One of the hardest tacklers I have ever seen, he is eligible for U15’s next year.
    10. Danial Brownbill – He is a rangy backrower who played CC with Easts Tigers and knows how to find the try line. Will play MM next year and also played some U16 representative football this year.

This is my first ten, if people are interested I will do the next ten when I can.

Keep it up. Love to read more.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Thought I might update my take on our top juniors, could not cut the list to 25 so I have noted 30 players. If I have missed any apologies, this is just my take, I am no expert. I have only included players who have not played NYC and I have not included some as I can not be sure they will be with the Titans next year. I hope that you find the list useful.

1. Ethan Paikea – The young front rower represented QLd U16’s this year, and for me is the best U16 front rower in the country. Big strong and powerful, he is a class act both on and off the field, and he played extremely well for the Redbacks throughout the U16 GC comp. He will play MM next season and should also be prominent for the Keebra Open side in the GIO cup.
    2. Vito Suia-Siaosi – Played a lot of hooker this season after playing in the next row earlier in his career, and come off the bench for QLD U16’s this season, a really talented footballer, with the only question being where he ends up, either backrow or hooker. Anther Redbacks player, will play MM next year.
    3. Lorenzo Leapai – A superbly talented front row/second row from Logan Brothers who represented QLD in the Australian U15 titles. He performed exceptionally well in an amazingly talented Logan Brothers U15 side. I really had to think hard about not putting at No.1. If you have not heard of him, you soon will. Will play CC for Souths Logan next year.
    4. Payne Haas – Giant young front rower, who was the stand out player at the Australian U15 championships, and was also named in the Australian merit side. He is big boy but is exceptionally quick and mobile. Will play in CC next year.
    5. Kobe Tararo – The third of four Titans players who played in the U16 Interstate match, he is a wide running second rower with a great tackling technique. He will play MM for Souths Logan next year.
    6. John Boy Quinlan – He is a young centre from Armidale, who played Senior football this year and was unlucky not to be selected in the NSW Country U18 side. He played a couple of games for our development squad early this year. He is very quick and elusive. Still eligible for U18’s next year.
    7. David Butler – Another young frontrower who has recently moved to Keebra from Coombabah, he runs exceptionally hard and does not back down. From what I have been told, no one trains harder. Eligible of U15’s next year
    8. Daymeric Pelo – Should be part of our NYC squad next year, he was a key part of the PBC GIO side that made the semi-finals and even though he has played a lot of front row, probably ends up in the next row at the NYC level. Played a bit of QCup colts.
    9. Pharnsis Suia-Siaosi – The younger brother of Vito, he plays in the front row and formed an exceptional front row pairing with David Butler for Coombabah. One of the hardest tacklers I have ever seen, he is eligible for U15’s next year.
    10. Danial Brownbill – He is a rangy backrower who played CC with Easts Tigers and knows how to find the try line. Will play MM next year and also played some U16 representative football this year.

This is my first ten, if people are interested I will do the next ten when I can.
    Excellent post mate and yes you are an expert haha.

I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone that we would love to see the rest of your list

Mdrew keep up the great work, get the next ten out there cant wait for it.

Great write up. Having a child playing in the U16's and running leaguesafe for the last couple of years it's been a privilege watching our boys compete against them. Some other BIG names have unfortunately been lost to TSS and scholarships to play union. My greatest fear, however, is the direction some of these other kids are taking as far as the cross roads we all face as teenagers with the girls, parties, drugs and fighting or simply having to work part time jobs. Some real talents are being lost simply due to lack of parental guidance or financial commitments. Other kids are experiencing early on what clubs and rep clubs will do to cover up indiscretions to keep these kids playing football regardless of what they do off field.