Page 5 of 158 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Interesting to see the team sheet for Burleigh Colts this week, with boys like Daymeric Pelo, Kyle Kalkhoven, Brett Stratton in the side, all are still eligible for MM NEXT year.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Interesting to see the team sheet for Burleigh Colts this week, with boys like Daymeric Pelo, Kyle Kalkhoven, Brett Stratton in the side, all are still eligible for MM NEXT year.
    18yr old Danial Schwass will be playing his 2nd match in the top grade but the Titans don't think he's ready for the 20's
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    18yr old Danial Schwass will be playing his 2nd match in the top grade but the Titans don't think he's ready for the 20's
    Lol I thought it was funny how this kid has leap frogged NYC.

Immortal

Sam Swift and Daymeric Pelo with tries on debut for Burleigh Colts and both with good performances. Brett Stratton played well too. Even though they are still eligible for MM next year, starting the season in NYC, especially for Sam Swift is not out of the question. Great effort boys, great performances against guys 3 years older

Immortal

Great to see Tevita Folau step up over the last six weeks in NYC, scoring a number of good tries from the wing spot. He has played the majority of his football in the centre's up until this year, interesting to see whether he moves to the centre's next year. He still has trouble with the high ball, interesting but good decision to be able to make for whoever the coach is next year.

Immortal

Congratulations to Brayden McMahon and his Keebra Park team mates for making the GIO schoolboys cup final. Yes six of the side are contracted to the West Tigers but there are a couple of young boys who MAY end up with us. Good luck to Keebra next week in the final
    Last edited by mdrew; 11-09-13 at 05:38 PM. Reason: too much info

I see Keebra won the gio cup are any of the players contracted to the titans

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    I see Keebra won the gio cup are any of the players contracted to the titans
    Was reading that 10 of the 17 are contracted to the Titans and Tigers for next year

So I'd guess we've got 1 and they've got 9 or something

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-news.html

Immortal

Three are ours, negotiating for a fourth
    Last edited by mdrew; 20-09-13 at 05:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Immortal

Good to see a couple of our juniors playing for QIS U16 in NZ. Keenan Palasia and Arrion Ngatuere-Wroe. QIS won both games in the series. Australian Schoolboys featuring Jennan Wedderburn-Parrish leveld their series at 1-1 today as well

Immortal

A few more names to keep an eye on

Kyle Kennedy - Kyle is a tough young backrower from Lismore, who represented East Coast Dolphins U16's this year. He played a number of games in the U18's for Lismore Marist Brothrs as well. Hard runnning and tackling, he is in the extended MM squads for next year.

Zac Leonard - Zac is a centre/wing who represented NSW Country U18 this year and NSW Country U16 in 2012. I think that he ends up on the wing as he moves up. He is not the biggest or the fastest player but hard work will get him through in front of more naturally talented players. He is still eligible for U18's next year and may stay in Group 19 for one more year, before heading up to play NYC.

Kyle Kalkhoven - He is a young front rower who impressed for GC White in MM this year and is still eligible for MM in 2014. Reminds me of Luke Douglas in terms of the way he plays. Every team needs a few players like him to do the hard work.

Jennan Wedderburn-Parrish - Although eligible for MM next year, I think he starts in NYC, a QLD U16 rep in 2012 he is an absolute stand out and represented Australian Schoolboys this year. Absolute class act and will not stop, really think that he will be playing 1st grade sooner rather than later.

Braydon Robson - A five eight from Bilambil, he is a very good organiser with an astute kicking game. Will play MM next year and can move his team around the field very well. He will only get better with experience although may end up at half as he moves up age groups.

Ezra Tuitopu-Isaac - He is a massive young front rower, who is extremely fast for his size. The good thing is that he does not try to use that speed to run around opponents, but to run over them. He has dominated lower age groups, because of his size AND skill. He represented Samoa U14's recently and is one to watch going forward.

Konrad Edwards - Konrad is a centre who has come on in leaps and bounds this year, becoming more consistant and running good angles and with his size will continue to develop.

I have tried to keep this thread to players below the NYC level, but I can not resist noting Deacon Fletcher a young half from Redcliffe who will be in the NYC squad next year. For me, he outplayed Jackson Hastings and was very unlucky not to be in the Aust Schoolboys this year. He was also named player of the match in the MM grand final this year against GC White. Big call but I think that he beats out Christian Hazard and forms a halves combination with Danial Schwass.

Immortal

Sigh, Zac Leonard and Brayden Robson are leaving to accept positions in the Knights SG Ball squad, as is another young guy Rohan Pottinger, obviously we still have massive problems in our junior development

Hello Mdrew. Have you attempted to contact Mr Annersley to highlight your take on our junior development at all?

Immortal

I have spoken or tried to speak to Titans about Junior Development previously but to no avail. Maybe with the removal of two of the senior people in terms of Juniors things will change, but it will be too late to stop a year or two or three leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Hello Mdrew. Have you attempted to contact Mr Annersley to highlight your take on our junior development at all?

Immortal

Another one to watch is fullback Peauafi Vakauta from Marsden State High School. He played one or two games this year on the wing in MM this year. He is eligible for U18's again next year. He is a very nippy fullback with a load of potential