Page 1 of 158 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Default My take on our top juniors

Though for a bit of interest, I would do a list of who I think are some of our top juniors. I only included players who I believe are Titans contracted and have not yet reached the NYC stage. Thus players like Nathan Wilson and Sam Gee are not included, nor are some of the other GC White and Green boys, because there is conjecture as to if they are Titans contracted. Hope people find this worthwhile.

1. Sam Swift - Talented young backrower, who I believe played out of position in the front row this season. Hard running and tackling young player who never gives up. For me, he was stand out player for his MM side, who represented Qld U16's last year. He is a real shot are palying NYC next year, even though he will still be eligible for MM.

2. Keanu Dawson - The highly talented backrower has been selected in the Qld U16 side to play in May. Keanu is a wide running backrower who captained GC White CC this year.

3. Max Elliott - See Sam Swift. Like Swift, Max played out of position in the front row for a fair period of the MM season. Both are hard tackling hard running young players. The young Northern NSW product, can hopefully transition to NYC soon.

4. Dylan Pelo - Dylan has been playing on the wing, after playing in the forward in earlier junior seasons. Runs like a front rower and takes a lot of pressure off his forwards. Still eligible for MM next year, he scored five tries in this year's NYC, including a hat trick against GC Green.

5. James Iodice - The young front rower has had a number of injury problems over the last year and a half, but is dominate when fit and healthy. It would not surprise if he stays injury free to get a run later in the year in NYC as a precurser to next year. A natural leader on the field.

6. Emery Pere - Giant young backrower who was the player of the carnival at the U14 level in the Qld state age championships last year. A big strong powerful runner, equally adept in defence, Emery must maintain his discipiline to make the most of his considerable talent. Should be a mainstay of one of the CC sides next year.

7. Braydan McMahon - Played very well at 5/8 in MM this year, and is eligible for that age group again next year. A very good orgainser and defender, he should have the size and strength to stay at 5/8 into the future. Have previously represented Qld at the U16 level.

8. Sean Hudson - The talented, goal kicking centre was the equal leading try scorer for GC White MM this year. Not the biggest centre, but he has supurb timing and gap running ability and constantly making breaks and setting up his support players. May break into NYC on the wing, but has the timing and the ability to read the play to move to centre as he matures.

9 . Kaleb Rongonui - Kaleb is a young backrower, who is at Wavell High. The young backrower was incredibility impresive playing for the U14 development squad this pre-season. I have only seen him play a few times, but he was very impressive.

10. Steve Dressler - The powerful young frontrower made his debut in CC this year, scoring a try on debut and is eligible again for CC next year. A player of great potential, who is attending PBC, is also very mobile for a big boy. Originally signed with the Titans as a 12 year old.

11 to 25 coming soon.

Immortal

11 Keenan Palasia - Keenan is a wide running backrower, who formed a great combination with Keanu Dawson at the CC level this year. On occasion, he seems to fade in and out of games, but his involvement increased as the season went on. Another very talented backrower in our stable.

12. Daymeric Pelo - Like twin brother, Dylan, Daymeric is an incredibly hard running player, but unlike his brother, he plays in the front row and represented Qld U16 in that position last year. He came off the bench a lot this MM season and lifted the team with his intensity on each occasion.

13. Dray Ngatuere-Wroe - The Logan Brothers product played 5/8 for the U14 junior development squad, and stood out with his poise and seemingly was a couple of plays ahead of every one else. From what I saw, was the undoubted leader of the squad. A very impresive talent.

14. Josh Bentley - Josh, who played a lot of his junior football at lock for Cudgen, was moved to hooker for the CC competition and really stood out with his runs from dummy half and his strong defence. We seem to be able to develop hookers, so hopefully one more to develop.

15. Sean Garner - Sean has been one of the top juniors in the Tweed area for a while not even though he wil be playing in the U15 age group this year. Has played both lock and 5/8, but I think long term lock is where he will settle, a very good ball player.

16. Austin Cooper - Austin is a young frontrower from Grafton, who did not play MM this year. He is a big lump of a lad with the ability to off load the football in traffic. If he can continue to be motivated, he is one to watch over the coming years. He played U18 football while still eligible for U16's in a tough position.

17. Brett Stratton - Brett was part of the GC White side who unfortunately lost the final last weekend. Brett who played centre this year, will, in my opinion end up in the backrow. One of the best defensive centre's I saw in the competition.

18. Anthony Coleman - Started off the MM season seemingly a little slowly, but evnded the season playing very well. Like some of the U18 players, may be considered later in the year for NYC, if we continue to struggle. Has a great tackling technique.

19. Zac Spring - Zac scored seven tries in MM this year, and although he struggled defensively on occasion, provided to be a difference maker in a couple of games. May move to the wing at the next level and certainly has a nack of being in the right try scoring position on most occasions.

20. Tevita Folau - Played a number of trials for the NYC side this preseason ,before moving back to play MM for Ipswich. He is a big strong boy, sho had some trouble under the high ball in the NYC trials, but showed flashes of brilliance with the ball in his hands. With some more seasoning, we may have a good player here.

21. Lorenzo Vogel - Another young winder from Ipswich, Lorenzo is very similar to Folau. A hard runner, he can get over the try line.

22. Rhys Duke - One of the hardest workers, the second rower probably does not get the recognition he deserves, because he does a lot of the tough work in the middle of the field. Talking to one of the coaches, he is one of the hardest workers around.

23. Sam Grant - The U18 hald, has moved up to Qcup colts since the completion in the MM competition, Sam is a nippy runner who can also kick goals.

24. Payne Hass - The U14 frontrower was very impressive playing for the junior development squad with amazing mobility for his size. Like the next young man, I have not seen him play as much as some of the others, but he has impressed from a small sample size.

25. Ethan Paikea - He has a couple of supporters on this forum, but I have not seen much of him, but he shows some real talent, and should impress as he matures was part of the CC squad this year.

These are my opinions only and if I have not mentioned someone it is because I have not seen as much of them as some of the others. Feel free to disagree. Some such as Jack Cook, Kail Hulls, etc I could have included.

Nice work mate & i'm familiar with a few of these guys too.

Emery Pere has enormous potential but he needs serious help upstairs as he has been sent off in most matches this year in rep's & school footy, i'm sure this has a lot do with home life or a lack there of as i'm told his parents live in N.Z, but this kid could be anything.

I have come to know Steve Dressler pretty well & the one thing this kid & his dad have shown is "Dedication" , they were living at Yamba & driving to Tweed 3 days a week for training & to play for 2 years before recently moving to Palm Beach to attend PBC.
    Steve has been playing for NSW Rep Rugby League from under 12's & has also played NSW Rep Rugby Union at the same time, this kid is one big unit with speed.

Ethan Paikea would be classed as a potential SBW , very fast forward who hits like a truck & has very good hands , has had to over come a back & shoulder injury but is almost 100% & i'm sure you will see the best of him in the upcoming Southcoast rep side.

Duncan Harding & Brent Wolfe would be the other 2 players to keep an eye on for me, one being a lock & Brent is a halfback.

Big fan of Sam Swift,Dylan Pelo & Braydan McMahon along with Danial Shwass.

Lets hope that these guys stick with the game & mature enough to make the grade.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Thanks for the information mdrew and pete it's great to see some information given on the up and comers

excellent stuff guys
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Good to see Sam grant and James Iodice playing Qcup colts this weekend

Immortal

Congratulations to South Coast U15's looks like they will make the final of the U15 state championships. Well done to all.

Immortal

South Coast play the final of the U15 state championships today, good luck all. Fingers crossed we can keep a few of the boys. I know that the Bronco's sent almost their entire scouting network there, I hope that our junior development staff had spoken to/secured a few of the boys prior. Sean Garner has played well from I have seen.

Immortal

Bad luck South coast lost the U15 final 18-14

Immortal

Congratulations to Sean Garner, Steve Dressler, Ethan Paikea, Brent Wolf amongst others for making U15 QLD sides. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Congratulations to Sean Garner, Steve Dressler, Ethan Paikea, Brent Wolf amongst others for making U15 QLD sides. Well done
    Fantastic news for the Boys , makes the Redbacks & Bears under 15's show their class

Cheers for the updates Mdrew would have loved to be able to see the boys play.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Are any of these in the titans system

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Are any of these in the titans system
    Pretty sure all bar Brent Wolfe who was signed by the Broncos 3 years ago, his uncle is their assistant coach.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

Other boys from the South Coast U15 side to make one of the two Qld sides are Dechlan Day, Syd Smith, Broughton Clark and Campbell Pirihi.

Immortal

Thought that you would be happy Titan Pete, had a chuckle when I heard

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Fantastic news for the Boys , makes the Redbacks & Bears under 15's show their class

Cheers for the updates Mdrew would have loved to be able to see the boys play.