Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coaching

The whole idea of coaching without KPI's linked to the contract is ridiculous ... a guaranteed payout without accountability ... never in a million years would I employ somebody like that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

We miss the Finals this year. Sack Cartwright!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Get a new coach or keep losing fans.
    While I agree we need a new coach, it's not fans you lose, it's bandwagoners. That said, you're certainly less likely to attract new fans, unless it's a local team people want to support rather than the latest team that is going well.

Fans stick by their team through the bad times too. Sharks still have fans, yet they haven't won a grand final in all their 46 years.

All the clubs need bandwagoners, they fill the stands when things are going well.

With all that in mind, a fan can not renew membership, they can not attend games. There are few other ways for a fan to show their displeasure with the coach or above.

That's unfortunate, because the team itself still deserves the support of fans, even if those above them do not.

For the guys that attend training or watch occasionally I have a question.

# What is the intensity like at training? seems from the news and other media when i watch they are doing things at half pace.

# and more importantly - Do they ever train at night time? If they dont then they should so the conditions will be similar in to which you play.
    If youplay the Friday I would expect a high intensity game simulation and training on the Wednesday night at the same time you would be running out for the friday game.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    For the guys that attend training or watch occasionally I have a question.

# What is the intensity like at training? seems from the news and other media when i watch they are doing things at half pace.

# and more importantly - Do they ever train at night time? If they dont then they should so the conditions will be similar in to which you play.
    If youplay the Friday I would expect a high intensity game simulation and training on the Wednesday night at the same time you would be running out for the friday game.

Thoughts?
    Not sure much would be gained by training at night, if anything I'd imagine it'd be easier at night than during the day.

If anything, they might gain something by training in hot conditions or even altitude training.

We have too many players with first names for last.
    You cant trust a team with this many players with two first names.

Titans: William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Brad Takairangi, Jamal Idris, Anthony Don, Aidan Sezer, Albert Kelly, Luke Bailey, Matt Srama, Nate Myles, Greg Bird, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Luke Douglas, Mark Ioane, Ryan James, Sam Irwin, Luke O'Dwyer

More than any other team that i can see.

I'll sleep easier now.

Titans: William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Brad Takairangi, Jamal Idris, Anthony Don, Aidan Sezer, Albert Kelly, Luke Bailey, Matt Srama, Nate Myles, Greg Bird, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Luke Douglas, Mark Ioane, Ryan James, Sam Irwin, Luke O'Dwyer

Great pick up hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Means Matt RUSSELL will be due for a call up any time now.

Dave TAYLOR, Cody NELSON and beau HENRY can't be far off either.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Means Matt RUSSELL will be due for a call up any time now.

Dave TAYLOR, Cody NELSON and beau HENRY can't be far off either.
    damn there goes my dream of a call up

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

ive been saying Carty should go back to NSW for about 5 years now...no bandwagon...he just doesnt have the stuff to make a team win...we constantly go through games with little to no strategy other than grind and hope the other team looses...other than players taking their own initiative its the same 5 hit ups every time, including the last takle on the ops try line...no set moves no change ups just full back, winger, one of forward, one of forward again, bomb...pretty borring when i can say whose gonna take the next hit up 9 time out of 10 before it happens
    Get up and play the ball ya sook

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Great pick up hahaha
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Finally figured out his fascination with Steve Micheals
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Finally figured out his fascination with Steve Micheals
    I thought you discussing players ... just kidding.

My way of thinking is we are a relativeley new club in terms of others, as well we are a new look side, other teams have been playing with the same combination for some years now and they are winning back to back as a result

If you look at Souths they have had basically the same team for a few years now and whilst the new coach is doing a great job the ground work/preperation and the structure was all in place when he took over he just added the disipline and polish to the side

You also look at the structured plays from other clubs they are the same every week Melboune for example play a very simple structured game and there best three KEY PLAYERS have been playing togeather for years

We have a relatively young side in key positions and will take some time for this to work accross the field as it has in other clubs

I dont blame the coach, the opportunity will come with experience and this will take some time