Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Titans Fanatic View Post
    bird has got man of the match for state of origin twice playing at five eigth, also not sure bird has played centre before. i know kelly has played wing and fullback before. i really dont think it was that dumb
    It was dumb because he broke up our halves for a start.

In answer to the question about the coach when we are winning is simple:

We win in the most lucky ways. Our backs can't score and our formation is one dimensional. When we had Campbell & Co they did it all off the back of their own ability ... surely our memories aren't that poor.

The coach can't seem to put together an offensive game plan, not this year not ever.
    Last edited by Titanic; 29-04-13 at 10:10 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

we should have a team were if someones injured somebody can fit right in there.
    Sezer bird-sezer kelly- kelly bird should all be able to work together and get the job done no matter what position there playing, it should all be worked into a game plan incase someone gets injured.
    Bird has proven himself in the number 6 jersey for the titans, country and new south wales. it should just be the way it works.
    so maybe the coach needs to gel these three together in case another injury does happen down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    It was dumb because he broke up our halves for a start.

In answer to the question about the coach when we are winning is simple:

We win in the most lucky ways. Our backs can't score and our formation is one dimensional. When we had Campbell & Co they did it all off the back of their own ability ... surely our memories aren't that poor.

The coach can't seem to put together an offensive game plan, not this year not ever.
    Spot on!
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

my point is were gonna have no success if you guys keep rubishing our coach...Im over the #### negativity this forum has about our coach. when he takes us to our first premiership im sure all you people will shut your mouth once and for all
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 29-04-13 at 11:26 PM.

I've moved some of the coaching debate from David May's thread to a new one here. It was just overwhelming the purpose of the thread.

I do think it is a valid discussion. We may have only ever had one coach but at other times complaining about the coach is an honoured past time.

For the record, I agree with Coaster.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

As my hero would say, you need a bex and a good lay down Greg.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Thanks DIEHARD it did get a bit carried away in the other thread.
    One thing i hope to see is the titans let cameras in before the game and halftime , like what Parra did, just to get a glimpse of what carty says .

Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I'm split between what both Chaos 'n Coaster are saying, both opinions have their merits.

But to cut to the chase, if Carty doesn't deliver this year 'n continues as Head Coach in 2014. I do expect to see some Supporters revolt and membership take a dive for it. Your Diehard Fan will persist with the team, but your Casual Fan won't 'n will give it a miss. Unfortunately, at this stage. The Casual Fans numbers would massively outweigh the Diehard Fan numbers. So to me, it's not something that you view too lightly.

As Carty admitted in the Courier-Mail earlier this year. It's this year or things will be looking pretty dim for himself.

Just let me clarify.
    I think we need a new coach, but I'm just playing devils advocate as its not just a matter of flicking a switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Crikey, there are those who have been bashing away on their keyboards voicing the same frustrations for years. These are neither doomsayers or disgruntled bandwagoners, these are our core supporters who care enough to debate the issue. The crowds have voted with their feet proving that as an entertainment option we don't rate.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'm a massive Paul Green fan. I was able to watch quite a few Wynnum QRL games last year and thought their attacking structure amd plays were better then a lot of NRL teams.

I'm sure those of us calling for coaching change are of similar opinion and believe Carty is a good bloke and would of loved to gave seen him succeed, but the truth is he is of the mark.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 30-04-13 at 09:25 AM.

Paul Green, he would be ideal. I dont see us signing an established vet, like Sheens or.... er..... Stuart.

Id like to see a Griffin, Bellamy or McGuire type of situation. When they rose to prominance.

For this year we need to stick by Carty....

If this year at a certain point we can't or wont make the finals then Carty needs to fall on the sword...Hopefuly without the full payout on his remaining years. which is as i beleive what Carty said when he got the extension.

Big fan of Paul Green though and he would top my list at the moment.

What's Mat Rogers doing?

On e of these new breed of coaches would be good , Robinson McGuire type coach, they seem to do well and have new fresh ideas, but i really cant see it happening probably till after next year 2015 maybe